Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile Insider


  1. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       16 Aug 2017 #1091

    Kari said: View Post
    For WSL users:

    Microsoft's Hyper-V team wants to hear your opinion about possible GPU support in Windows Subsystem for Linux. If you know what I am talking about, please fill out the survey: https://www.surveybuilder.com/s/ykXHp/nav#p/186a0

    Survey closes August 27.
    I so need this. Most stuff I would need GPUs for would only, or is guaranteed to run on Linux but not on Windows. If MS can add this to work natively in WSL it would be awesome! Made my contribution to the survey.

    When I run OpenCL calculations on CPU they are 25-200 times faster than running as normal threads. Getting all this to run natively in WSL on any GPU would increase the performance astronomically.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       16 Aug 2017 #1092

    I created a shortcut on my desktop, pointing at C:\Program Files\Hyper-V\VMImport.exe. The I made that shortcut run as Admin.

    Now I can import shared VMs (.vmcz) by dragging the file to my shortcut.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMImport.Prop.Shortcut.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	149104

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMImport.Prop.Advanced.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	149103

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMImport.Action.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	149102

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PS_VMImport_Elevated.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	149101

    Don't mind the last pic, the results are the same as running via Admin: PS
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       16 Aug 2017 #1093

    For the first time ever, my ESET Smart Security v10.1.219.0 has failed in a Windows Insiders Preview!


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2017-08-16 at 13.09.42.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	149117


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2017-08-16 at 13.00.39.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	149113


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2017-08-16 at 13.04.44.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	149116


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2017-08-16 at 13.01.01.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	149115


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2017-08-16 at 13.00.53.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	149114


    - re-installed it 3 times
    - toggled switches several times over-and-over again

    Anybody else having issues with their 3rd party AV/FW program?

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Aug 2017 #1094

    This is one of the risks of beta testing. Things can and will break.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    16 Aug 2017 #1095

    slicendice said: View Post
    I created a shortcut on my desktop, pointing at C:\Program Files\Hyper-V\VMImport.exe. The I made that shortcut run as Admin.

    Now I can import shared VMs (.vmcz) by dragging the file to my shortcut.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMImport.Prop.Shortcut.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	149104

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMImport.Prop.Advanced.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	149103

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMImport.Action.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	149102

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PS_VMImport_Elevated.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	149101

    Don't mind the last pic, the results are the same as running via Admin: PS
    So far, I have never got a vmcz file to import - always craps out with a useless 'failed' type of message but no idea why without browsing through logs. In the end, simpler just to unzip and import when needed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       16 Aug 2017 #1096

    swarfega said: View Post
    This is one of the risks of beta testing. Things can and will break.

    Of course I'm aware of the behaviour of beta-testing software, and I was just curious if anyone else has an issue with their 3rd party AV/FW.

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 505
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.248
       16 Aug 2017 #1097

    #WindowsInsiders we've hit a rollback bug with our build candidate. Keeping en eye on more data so no Fast Ring build release today
    5:15 AM - Aug 16, 2017 Manhattan, NY

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 306
    Win 10 Pro x64 17046 Skippy
       16 Aug 2017 #1098

    tracit99 said: View Post
    #WindowsInsiders we've hit a rollback bug with our build candidate. Keeping en eye on more data so no Fast Ring build release today
    Aw shucks!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 31,050
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       16 Aug 2017 #1099

    Fisher Mann said: View Post
    Aw shucks!
    There's hope......

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-08-16_08h58_15.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	149128
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    16 Aug 2017 #1100

    tracit99 said: View Post
    #WindowsInsiders we've hit a rollback bug with our build candidate. Keeping en eye on more data so no Fast Ring build release today
    Is it my cynical old mind, or have there been more "flight bugs" since Insider Bashagate?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
786612992179712000 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:06.
Find Us