Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 16251 PC Insider

Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       30 Jul 2017 #611

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Based on the fact build 16256 compiled last Thursday is now the Canary on buildfeed.net I'm guessing that 16257 compiled on Friday is what they are working for release this week. However it will get more difficult to predict (and we will see what buildfeed.net will do) because of the Skip ahead Fast ring branch. We will see. Hope everybody has had a great weekend. The weather here on our ridge in the Blue Ridge mountains is spectacular.
    Had a great weekend, thanks. Beautiful weather here. Of course this is flat land here. Just a few moguls here and there.

    It will be interesting as they diverge the builds.

    Meant to ask you how long it took you to update 4 VMs at once?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 27,137
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17604
    Thread Starter
       31 Jul 2017 #612

    Update:

    #WindowsInsiders no builds today. We'll look at our Canary candidate & see how the week looks.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,352
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       31 Jul 2017 #613

    Brink said: View Post
    Update:



    Thanks @Brink.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Jul 2017 #614

    Just got back from vacation late Saturday and found out yesterday that both of my test machines successfully made the upgrade without requiring any intervention while I was away. Overall, I'd count that as a decent, but not definitive, indication that the approaching Creators Update release (2) is heading in the right direction.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       31 Jul 2017 #615

    Thanks, Shawn.

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Based on the fact build 16256 compiled last Thursday is now the Canary on buildfeed.net I'm guessing that 16257 compiled on Friday is what they are working for release this week. However it will get more difficult to predict (and we will see what buildfeed.net will do) because of the Skip ahead Fast ring branch. We will see. Hope everybody has had a great weekend. The weather here on our ridge in the Blue Ridge mountains is spectacular.
    Looks like 16257 just may be it, Marty. I'm thinking Wednesday release. I'm guessing they want more telemetry to look at. At least for today.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       31 Jul 2017 #616

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Just got back from vacation late Saturday and found out yesterday that both of my test machines successfully made the upgrade without requiring any intervention while I was away. Overall, I'd count that as a decent, but not definitive, indication that the approaching Creators Update release (2) is heading in the right direction.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--
    Welcome back!

    Indeed, not many if any issues in latest builds to complain about so far.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       31 Jul 2017 #617

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Just got back from vacation late Saturday and found out yesterday that both of my test machines successfully made the upgrade without requiring any intervention while I was away. Overall, I'd count that as a decent, but not definitive, indication that the approaching Creators Update release (2) is heading in the right direction.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--
    Welcome back, Ed. Hoping you had a good time.

    Thanks for your report. That surely is a good indication.

    Best to you as well.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 1703 Build 16179.10000
       31 Jul 2017 #618

    I'm hoping we do get a new build soon. 16251 took five hours to install (no particular problems, just lengthy install/update process). However, it fails on first boot-up almost routinely (four times so far), although it seems stable after Microsoft collects telemetry and restarts. I'm hoping it's the build and not my hardware.

    One curious note so far: when viewing sites in Edge, a lot of the adverts fail to show up (they get replaced with the "Well, this is embarrassing" message). The same adverts show up fine in Firefox. It's not routine across all web sites but I've seen it routinely on the NYTimes website and also the Chicago Trib, and - just now - on this thread in Tenforums! Anybody else notice this? It's been reported to the Feedback Hub by several people.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       31 Jul 2017 #619

    I have no issues with Edge on NYTimes site...it is very heavy site though, so I am not surprised if something crash there.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 30
    Windows 10 1703 Build 16179.10000
       31 Jul 2017 #620

    slicendice said: View Post
    I have no issues with Edge on NYTimes site...it is very heavy site though, so I am not surprised if something crash there.
    Yeah, but it may not be the site - the ads all show up fine in Firefox. I'm thinking the problem lies with Edge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 883408218176618496 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_mobile/announcing-feb-insider-slow-update-for-office/393f81af-07df-47e3-916c-9d03bd6c21ba
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Current channel - Version 1608 (Build 7341.2032) Source: Microsoft Community
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:39.
Find Us