Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 16251 PC Insider

Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 18,820
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       28 Jul 2017 #471

    CountMike said: View Post
    While you are with them, please ask them why did they cross the road.
    Because there was a very tasty looking bug over there, of course. Everybody knows that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jul 2017 #472

    CountMike said: View Post
    While you are with them, please ask them why did they cross the road.
    To get to the other side. 😁
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 13,422
    Windows 10 Pro
       28 Jul 2017 #473

    I wanted to to test Windows 10 S now when it finally came officially available (read more), mainly to see if it, too can get Insider Preview builds. Windows 10 N versions aren't included in Insider program, I was almost sure the same would be with S versions.

    Installed it now on laptop:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	146141

    Idiot as I am, I instantly forgot what the S in version name indicates: Store apps only! Tried to install Screenpresso, my chosen screenshot tool, only to be reminded about the facts:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	146142

    I was wrong, Insider Preview is available:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	146143

    ... although as there are no direct upgrade path from 15063 to 16251, I have to upgrade to 16241 first:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	146144

    BTW, W10 S comes with the new brighter blue Hero wallpaper which might indicate it's coming to if not near future Insider builds but at least to version 1709.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       29 Jul 2017 #474

    Kari said: View Post
    I wanted to to test Windows 10 S now when it finally came officially available (read more), mainly to see if it, too can get Insider Preview builds. Windows 10 N versions aren't included in Insider program, I was almost sure the same would be with S versions.

    Installed it now on laptop:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	146141

    Idiot as I am, I instantly forgot what the S in version name indicates: Store apps only! Tried to install Screenpresso, my chosen screenshot tool, only to be reminded about the facts:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	146142

    I was wrong, Insider Preview is available:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	146143

    ... although as there are no direct upgrade path from 15063 to 16251, I have to upgrade to 16241 first:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	146144

    BTW, W10 S comes with the new brighter blue Hero wallpaper which might indicate it's coming to if not near future Insider builds but at least to version 1709.

    Kari
    @Kari Thanks for this info! Great that you tried this. Highly appreciated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       29 Jul 2017 #475

    Kari said: View Post
    ... although as there are no direct upgrade path from 15063 to 16251, I have to upgrade to 16241 first:
    Kari
    It is the same path for 15063.xxx to 16xxx on Windows 10 Pro. First comes 16241, then that one upgrades to 16251.
    Upgrade incompatibility? They did change the update process in 16241. Maybe this is why.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jul 2017 #476

    I have my VMware finally set up with skip ahead.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insidercomparison.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	903.5 KB 
ID:	146158
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       29 Jul 2017 #477

    swarfega said: View Post
    I have my VMware finally set up with skip ahead.
    Great! Welcome to the club.
    (except mine is in Hyper-V)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jul 2017 #478

    Thanks, its nice to be here.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 31,034
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Jul 2017 #479

    Wasn't it 241 that first introduced the Skip Ahead option? That could be why the path is 16241 first, then 251. So to have a choice to > 251 with/without Skip. That's exactly what I did. Set one 241 to No-Skip one to Skip. Got 2 different releases.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       29 Jul 2017 #480

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Wasn't it 241 that first introduced the Skip Ahead option? That could be why the path is 16241 first, then 251. So to have a choice to > 251 with/without Skip. That's exactly what I did. Set one 241 to No-Skip one to Skip. Got 2 different releases.
    Yes they did introduce Skip Ahead in 241, but I did Skip Ahead in 251.0 in my VM, now it's 16251. 1000
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 883408218176618496 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_officeinsider-mso_mobile/announcing-feb-insider-slow-update-for-office/393f81af-07df-47e3-916c-9d03bd6c21ba
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Current channel - Version 1608 (Build 7341.2032) Source: Microsoft Community
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:43.
Find Us