Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 16251 PC  

Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #260

    f14tomcat said:
    Slightly OT, but you can force run it yourself....

    On a computer that is running a 32-bit Windows operating system
    %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue
    On a computer that is running a 64-bit Windows operating system
    %windir%\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue
    Yep, great tip!
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 429
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #261

    AFAIK, MS Edge is the ONLY browser that plays Amazon Prime and Netflix at 1080P on a 1080P TV. All the others have a maximum of 720P (dunno about 4K). I use Edge on my HTPC for that reason.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #262

    John Pombrio said:
    AFAIK, MS Edge is the ONLY browser that plays Amazon Prime and Netflix at 1080P on a 1080P TV. All the others have a maximum of 720P (dunno about 4K). I use Edge on my HTPC for that reason.
    Chrome plays Netflix content in FHD nicely, no problems at all.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 429
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #263

    slicendice said:
    Chrome plays Netflix content in FHD nicely, no problems at all.
    PCWorld used the Netflix console readings to show that FF and Chrome only play Netflix at 720P. Edge is the one browser they found to play 1080P content at 1080P and the only one to run at 4K:

    Tested: Microsoft Edge is the only browser to run Netflix in 4K | PCWorld

    Now the rest of the browsers run fine, they just do not have as good a resolution when compared to Edge. The Xbox One also has the "right stuff" to run natively at 1080P when streaming Netflix.

    BTW, been a few months since the article was written so the others may have caught up. Needs to be retested. Easier for me just to continue to use Edge.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #264

    You are actually right...wonder if this is just a Browser setting cap not a Netflix thing.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 84
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #265

    If anyone has a clean ISO for 16251 x64 I would really appreciate a link, I was not able to get an ISO made and need to do an in place upgrade to correct some issues.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 429
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #266

    slicendice said:
    You are actually right...wonder if this is just a Browser setting cap not a Netflix thing.
    If you read through the original article back last year, FF and Chrome do not have any settings that allow native 1080P streaming. Strange that. With all of the updates the two have had, you would think they would fix that.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 429
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #267

    StanP50 said:
    If anyone has a clean ISO for 16251 x64 I would really appreciate a link, I was not able to get an ISO made and need to do an in place upgrade to correct some issues.

    Thanks
    Since Shawn REALLY REALLY hates links for that, do a Google search for
    Windows 10 version 16251 ISO, sihmar
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7
    Intel I-3
       #268

    why are people still going the route of downloading iso and up's? I have found it will update fairly easily without all the extra steps. Am I missing something here?
    j
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,676
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #269

    jmatacola said:
    why are people still going the route of downloading iso and up's? I have found it will update fairly easily without all the extra steps. Am I missing something here?
    j
    That's not the reason. Sometimes people request if they have trouble making there own for back purposes and maintenance. It's not a part of the normal, regular update.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums