Windows 10: Announcing Kaspersky Free Anti-Virus

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,470
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       31 Jul 2017 #100

    TairikuOkami said: View Post
    AV-Comparatives made a test in 2014, only Ahnlab and Emsisoft did not send any sensitive info.

    Is Your Antivirus Tracking You? Youd Be Surprised At What It Sends


    Bitdefender has recently helped to take down a dark webpage.
    That's an interesting post. I'd like to know what personal data Kaspersky antivirus returns compared to Windows Defender having the lowest privacy settings.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 806
    7 and 10 on various machines
       31 Jul 2017 #101

    Yep but as I said somewhere it cuts both ways wherever the AV is "made" could not one coming from the US be used against the Russians?

    Am not going to change my KISS anyway as I doubt that I could give anyone any data for covert purposes and I am guessing that would be true of the most if not all of us.

    I mean we read so much into these things and if another country wants to hack anywhere else's secret stuff then you can depended on them being able to do that in any case.

    Given the state of the tension on this planet right now there are far more worrying countries than Russia not that I am any great fan of theirs lets just think of that madman in the news right now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 298
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       31 Jul 2017 #102

    ICIT2LOL said: View Post
    Yep but as I said somewhere it cuts both ways wherever the AV is "made" could not one coming from the US be used against the Russians?

    Am not going to change my KISS anyway as I doubt that I could give anyone any data for covert purposes and I am guessing that would be true of the most if not all of us.

    I mean we read so much into these things and if another country wants to hack anywhere else's secret stuff then you can depended on them being able to do that in any case.


    Given the state of the tension on this planet right now there are far more worrying countries than Russia not that I am any great fan of theirs lets just think of that madman in the news right now?
    The concern I mentioned earlier is not about personal info but that a rogue country (insert here your own choice) could bring the Western World to a halt by activating a bug in a software that they made and sold globally.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 10,518
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       31 Jul 2017 #103

    For any of you who are not familiar with the Forum Rules ​please take time to read them, particularly rule # 8. If everyone would like to keep this thread open for comments, please refrain from the political comments.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 480
    Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.371
       31 Jul 2017 #104

    This is a very difficult topic to try and keep non political. This is about security software that the US congress is now investigating as something potentially dangerous to the USA for a number of reasons - some have to do with the election itself - with the USA being a very important and influential country that affects the rest of the world (economically etc). Download.com now has a disclaimer on some staff reviews of it that mentions that you might want to uninstall it. I think to ignore these extremely important things - which touch on politics - feels schizophrenic although I understand.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 19,737
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       31 Jul 2017 #105

    tomseys said: View Post
    This is a very difficult topic to try and keep non political. This is about security software that the US congress is now investigating as something potentially dangerous to the USA for a number of reasons - some have to do with the election itself - with the USA being a very important and influential country that affects the rest of the world (economically etc). Download.com now has a disclaimer that mentions that you might want to uninstall it. I think to ignore these extremely important things feels schizophrenic although I understand.
    Download dot com?
    Download dot com???
    Download dot comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	puking-smiley.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	146465
    The probably wish all AV's, anti malware, and anti exploits were uninstalled from the people who use that site.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shake head.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	146463

    Then they can install piggyback, all that extra crapware they send with the software you want, and it won't get cleaned upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	sweeping-with-broom-smiley-emoticon.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	146466
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 480
    Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.371
       31 Jul 2017 #106

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Download dot com?
    Download dot com???
    Download dot comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	puking-smiley.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	146465
    The probably wish all AV's, anti malware, and anti exploits were uninstalled from the people who use that site.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shake head.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	146463

    Then they can install piggyback, all that extra crapware they send with the software you want, and it won't get cleaned upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	sweeping-with-broom-smiley-emoticon.gif 
Views:	49 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	146466

    Yeah like that is the important part in all of this. Didn't Download.com stop bundling crapware with downloads in any case? As did other download sites that did the same thing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 298
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       31 Jul 2017 #107

    I don't think the concern I raised here here has anything to do with politics. It's a matter of personal security only.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    31 Jul 2017 #108

    Stevekir said: View Post
    I don't think the concern I raised here here has anything to do with politics. It's a matter of personal security only.
    Image the Harm MS could do?? I used KISS for years without any issues. Then moved to Avast and the issues started to pour in. I now use WD and an occasional MBAM scan. I do not go to know dangerous sites and WD seems to be doing it's job.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 10,518
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       31 Jul 2017 #109

    tomseys said: View Post
    This is a very difficult topic to try and keep non political. This is about security software that the US congress is now investigating as something potentially dangerous to the USA for a number of reasons - some have to do with the election itself - with the USA being a very important and influential country that affects the rest of the world (economically etc). Download.com now has a disclaimer on some staff reviews of it that mentions that you might want to uninstall it. I think to ignore these extremely important things - which touch on politics - feels schizophrenic although I understand.
    This subject is not difficult at all to discuss without bringing politics into it. Kaspersky has been suspected of this for many years before the last Presidential election. Current politics has nothing to do with Kaspersky's relationship, whatever that may be, with the Russian Government.

    Stevekir said: View Post
    I don't think the concern I raised here here has anything to do with politics. It's a matter of personal security only.
    My post was not directed at you. It was directed at the dozen or so posts that have been removed from this thread.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Kapersky Free Trial Anti-Virus Unistalled / Notification Remains in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I installed Kapersky Anti-virus the free trial version and uninstalled it along with the Secure Connect software that it installed. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the notification that apparently did not clean-up after the uninstall. I did...
    What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10?
    Most anti-virus/anti-malware method of browsing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    It seems that so many anti-virus products are decent and do a fair job of protecting your computer, whether or not you pay for them. And all reviews I've read over the years usually conclude that free is best, because the "extra stuff" you get...
    Avira Free Anti virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A friend at work asked me have I ever used Avire Free Anti virus (he husband put it on her laptop) I said no but I can look at it, so installed and up to now I quite like it. I do know some Iffy sites so a little test and I will see how Avire...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05.
    Find Us