Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Jul 2015 #11

    I think it may have to do with changing the principal features from the Control Panel to the "Settings". But they are leaving it a bit late to start altering such basics!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10

    Just got home; I've never had the "install now" button, it's always been "check for updates" or "restart now".

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	693 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	25944
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 57
    windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrofire View Post
    Can anyone else replicate?

    The symptom is that attempting to uninstall an item in my installed programs list causes the screen to flash followed by closure of the "Programs and Features" panel and no action to remove the selected software.

    Third party uninstallers still work fine. Rolling back the KB also allows the Programs and Features panel to uninstall software normally.

    If this is specific to my build I won't bother Microsoft with it. If others are seeing it too, perhaps worth raising a bug report.

    Thanks!
    Posted feedback. I tried to uninstall an out of date program using the control panel Programs and Features it did the flash and close, program still there.
    Live long and Prosper,
    JimWiz1
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 472
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.19

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrofire View Post
    Can anyone else replicate?

    The symptom is that attempting to uninstall an item in my installed programs list causes the screen to flash followed by closure of the "Programs and Features" panel and no action to remove the selected software.

    Third party uninstallers still work fine. Rolling back the KB also allows the Programs and Features panel to uninstall software normally.

    If this is specific to my build I won't bother Microsoft with it. If others are seeing it too, perhaps worth raising a bug report.

    Thanks!
    The screen flash you are seeing is Explorer.exe crashing. I am seeing the same problem in Programs and Features and in Network Connections.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Jul 2015 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    Looks like 681 might be messing with the Network adapters panel. If you open ncpa.cpl and try to make a change such as disabling the adapter, it will close without making changes.
    Confirmed on this machine - enabling a device in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections (WinKey+R [ ncpa.cpl ] ) crashed the applet and no change was made (the device was not enabled)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Jul 2015 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    Just got home; I've never had the "install now" button, it's always been "check for updates" or "restart now".
    Is Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced > Defer upgrades' selected?

    That puts your device in the CBB branch which allows extra deferral time for feature upgrades (not sure about the amount of time, but 4 months has been referenced in a few articles). After the deferral time runs out, the feature will be automatically installed.

    Security updates are not affected and will always be installed (unless it requires one of the feature updates)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jul 2015 #17
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    LOL. Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    The screen flash you are seeing is Explorer.exe crashing. I am seeing the same problem in Programs and Features and in Network Connections.
    Yup, lots of various related reports now in the feedback app I see
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jul 2015 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK
    Posts : 368
    windows 10

    the same security update again
    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681)
    but this time it mucked up my wi fi
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Jul 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,188
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by goatty2 View Post
    the same security update again
    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681)
    but this time it mucked up my wi fi
    I got it yesterday and so far things are fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Jul 2015 #20
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK
    Posts : 368
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I got it yesterday and so far things are fine.
    had no problem the first time it updated ,only after it did it the second time.
    wi fi working alright now
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New Security Update KB3074683 for Windows 10 July 27th 2015
625788905279729665 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. 26192
Windows 10 News
New Security Update KB3074678 for Windows 10 July 26th 2015
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. 26041
Windows 10 News
New KB3074680 update for Windows 10 July 24th 2015
624650192646635520 New firmware updates for Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 624653844518039552 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
Windows 10 News
Security Update KB3074667 available for Windows 10 July 20th 2015
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. See:
Windows 10 News
New Security Update KB3072073 for Windows 10 June 16th 2015
21689
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums