Windows 10: Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,408
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       24 Jul 2017 #31

    Berton said: View Post
    A shame about MSPaint, I use it at least twice each morning Mon-Sat largely due to its simplicity and speed in accomplishing what I need.
    I only ever run MSPaint in order to answer questions about it on this forum. My preferred editor for the past two decades has been Paint Shop Pro, starting with the shareware version 3.11. I find it easier to use than MSPaint but with far more features. I currently use a 15 year old PSP7 under Win10 x64 which still works flawlessly.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       24 Jul 2017 #32

    Bree said: View Post
    I only ever run MSPaint in order to answer questions about it on this forum. My preferred editor for the past two decades has been Paint Shop Pro, starting with the shareware version 3.11. I find it easier to use than MSPaint but with far more features. I currently use a 15 year old PSP7 under Win10 x64 which still works flawlessly.
    Jasc was a great company. Great tools, both Paint Shop and Animation Shop. Adobe had to ruin that too. HAHAH!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    24 Jul 2017 #33

    We still use Paint Shop Pro x9, excellent program.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Pro 1703 x64
       24 Jul 2017 #34

    So what's next? Remove Notepad? MSPaint was like the Notepad of bitmap images ...

    There are plenty of deeper alternatives, but nothing like having a built-in tool that is quick and light for basic tasks.

    I do like the look of Paint.net though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 Jul 2017 #35

    zzzoom said: View Post
    So what's next? Remove Notepad? MSPaint was like the Notepad of bitmap images ...

    There are plenty of deeper alternatives, but nothing like having a built-in tool that is quick and light for basic tasks.

    I do like the look of Paint.net though.
    That is my Main Graphics Program for years.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Jul 2017 #36

    Obviously they want people to pay for the programs they actually use while constantly adding useless features specially social media crap.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       24 Jul 2017 #37

    SLeee said: View Post
    Obviously they want people to pay for the programs they actually use while constantly adding useless features specially social media crap.
    Hahha, true. The "social media crap" can be completely disabled though. Windows 10 has a lot of useful new features. One just has to find them and have a compatible computer.

    Personally I don't like most of the Windows store apps, I prefer portable win32 applications for most my tasks. They are fast and small, easy to fix and configure and also easy to migrate to a clean install of Windows. No registry mess and no folder permission hassle.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    24 Jul 2017 #38

    MSPaint hasn't been removed, not yet anyway, just deprecated. Whatever that actually means? Some feature or features were likely removed. It may not impact you depending on what you actually do with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,230
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       24 Jul 2017 #39

    Paint Shop Pro has been doing pretty good since Corel bought it, haven't gotten around to installing on my latest computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       24 Jul 2017 #40

    Berton said: View Post
    Paint Shop Pro has been doing pretty good since Corel bought it, haven't gotten around to installing on my latest computer.
    It's good but it's not the lightweight image manipulation app it used to be. It is very heavy now. And has HUGE minimum system requirements.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Microsoft will call Windows 10's next update the 'Autumn Creators Update' in the UK | Windows Central Update: The Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update will be called 'Fall Creators Update' after all | Windows Central
Source: What's new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update Windows Security
Source: Feedback Hub
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4014193/features-that-are-removed-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-creators-update
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.
Find Us