Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
  1.    28 Jul 2015 #141
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    It's started - what I said above I mean.

    Having noted the $Windows.~BT folder, I went to updates, and downloaded and began installing them.

    Although there were 2 more updates remaining to get, a restart was required, so I let it restart, which began a round of configuration, restart, further reconfiguration, restart then there was some error reported and everything began to roll back.

    After that, another restart, then back to boot menu.

    System unable to start. F8 duly pressed, and repair attempted.

    Not possible, so a reset was attempted.

    Not possible, so I' have to attempt a clean install of the old 10240, and continue from there I guess.

    $Windows.~BT just contains \sources\Panther\SysResetTrace-Tel-Merge.etl - which is a binary file, I think.

    I have attached $SysReset\Logs\SetupAct_offline.log (as a zip file), in case anyone is interested.

    Now to copy the downloads I found useful for 10240 and reinstall.

    Oh, The Joy, a clean install of 10240 - it will activate OK!

    Won't it?
    Not til midnight, Redmond WA time, during 28th - 29th of this month. I suspect activation servers will be turned on at that time. You should be about +8 hours away from their time. I know that I'll be able to install and activate tomorrow morning 9 AM.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    28 Jul 2015 #142
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 150
    windows 10

    In windows update it says upgrade to windows 10 fail
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Jul 2015 #143
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShades View Post
    In windows update it says upgrade to windows 10 fail
    Wait till time comes, it will fail until than.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    28 Jul 2015 #144
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    It's started - what I said above I mean.

    Having noted the $Windows.~BT folder, I went to updates, and downloaded and began installing them.

    Although there were 2 more updates remaining to get, a restart was required, so I let it restart, which began a round of configuration, restart, further reconfiguration, restart then there was some error reported and everything began to roll back.

    After that, another restart, then back to boot menu.

    System unable to start. F8 duly pressed, and repair attempted.

    Not possible, so a reset was attempted.

    Not possible, so I' have to attempt a clean install of the old 10240, and continue from there I guess.

    $Windows.~BT just contains \sources\Panther\SysResetTrace-Tel-Merge.etl - which is a binary file, I think.

    I have attached $SysReset\Logs\SetupAct_offline.log (as a zip file), in case anyone is interested.

    Now to copy the downloads I found useful for 10240 and reinstall.

    Oh, The Joy, a clean install of 10240 - it will activate OK!

    Won't it?
    You weren't supposed to do that; you should have waited for it to tell you when.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Jul 2015 #145
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,616
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Good stuff (and sex) should not be rushed !!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    28 Jul 2015 #146
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,869
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    You weren't supposed to do that; you should have waited for it to tell you when.
    It needed a clean install - it took about 4 minutes to get from boot to start. Anyway I'm up and running again, this time with a local account to name my user files, and converted the sign in to my MS account by PIN, which wasn't working since 10130.

    It's picked up all the personalisation to my Waves theme, changed the activation message from you need to activate to "connect to the internet to activate windows". When it gets the next set of updates, the activation will go through like it did before, probably sometime tomorrow. There were the usual driver problems with Realtek HD sound, Intel chipset and HPMonitor, but I have all these saved anyway. Nvidia is OK, and picked up my native resolution, so altogether I am pleased with the last 3 hours work.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft's Windows 10 for IoT: What to expect
Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-windows-10-for-iot-what-to-expect/
Windows 10 News
What to expect at this week's Windows 10 launch
More
Windows 10 News
Realistically... when do you expect W9 to trial in beta ?
As the title says really :) Have we any idea of the latest timescales ?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums