Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast
  1.    26 Jul 2017 #841
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,768
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbarnhorst View Post
    They were excellent at remoting in and just fixing issues without cycling through the same questions like some do and without suggesting shotgun solutions like reinstalling Windows (that's when you know an agent wasn't listening).
    Exactly my experience, all of them wanted me to clean install my OS and gave me download links to Windows 10 Home (I am a Win 10 Pro insider). I had a Microsoft specific issue, that had nothing to do with my computer nor OS version. But none of the persons on the other end listened.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    26 Jul 2017 #842
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,694
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    Exactly my experience, all of them wanted me to clean install my OS and gave me download links to Windows 10 Home (I am a Win 10 Pro insider). I had a Microsoft specific issue, that had nothing to do with my computer nor OS version. But none of the persons on the other end listened.
    What was the issue that required you to call Microsoft?

    I've found MS are the same as any other large company when dealing with them on the phone (some agents are better than others) but I've only phoned for license issues and all have eventually been resolved.

    Apart from license queries I can't imagine what else a home user would phone for as you would have to agree to pay the $499 one off charge if you are asking for help with something that isn't a bug. Professional Support Options

    It would be cheaper and probably quicker to ask on a forum (such as this one) if you are confused about something or it doesn't work. That is what I would do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Jul 2017 #843
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,768
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    What was the issue that required you to call Microsoft?

    I've found MS are the same as any other large company when dealing with them on the phone (some agents are better than others) but I've only phoned for license issues and all have eventually been resolved.

    Apart from license queries I can't imagine what else a home user would phone for as you would have to agree to pay the $499 one off charge if you are asking for help with something that isn't a bug. Professional Support Options

    It would be cheaper and probably quicker to ask on a forum (such as this one) if you are confused about something or it doesn't work. That is what I would do.
    It was a BUG on their web site that caused to push new downloads indefinitely, causing my IP to get banned from their site. How would reinstalling my OS help solve this?

    All I needed was either someone to fix the bug and remove the ban or at least give me some timeframe, how long it would take before the ban gets removed automatically.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    26 Jul 2017 #844
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 257
    Windows 10

    16251 incoming!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Jul 2017 #845
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,174
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040
    Thread Starter

    Update: Dona hinting at new build 16251 today.

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    26 Jul 2017 #846
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1,273
    Windows 10 and windows insider

    I am waiting for new build. Everything backed up and ready to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jul 2017 #847
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,768
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Update: Dona hinting at new build 16251 today.

    @Brink Thanks!

    Hehhe, that little piece of upside down paper was so tiny, I almost could not see what's on it. Everything ready to go here.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jul 2017 #848
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,112
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Gee, I hinted that build several days ago. Should only be a few hours. I am ready.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    26 Jul 2017 #849
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,665
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    Gee, I hinted that build several days ago. Should only be a few hours. I am ready.
    Here it should be in about 40 minutes
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Jul 2017 #850
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 448
    10 preview 64bit

    Think your right

    My comps going silly Via Trusted installer >> CPU and disc usage going thru the roof

    All originating from MS Azure Ireland, dont use cloud

    Roy
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 for Mobile
829827700969787392 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 for Mobile - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC and Mobile
781177126569455616 Update: Early version of UWP File Explorer app found in build 14936. Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14356
738201854929047552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14356 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums