Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241 PC + 15230 Mobile Insider

Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,781
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       17 Jul 2017 #331

    Kari said: View Post
    Attachment 144368

    Pitkästä aikaa! Tervetuloa takaisin
    Kiitos! :-)

    Kari said: View Post
    Attachment 144369

    Long time no see! Welcome back
    Thank you. :-)

    Kari said: View Post
    About your comment, I guess my "never had an issue" networking is not so serious.

    Kari
    heheh, surfing the web and transferring a few file every now and then with no hurry works great on Windows. That is serious enough for 95% of all network users. BUT for the other 5%, Windows is a pain.

    P.S. Latest Windows Server 2016 IP claim it has doubled the networking throughput/performance. WHOOHOO!!! Maybe there is still hope!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    17 Jul 2017 #332

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahah, after been playing around with Linux for a few months and returning back to Windows, I realized that Windows 10 is a nightmare, no matter which build in question.

    Serous networking, multitasking and work related tasks are a breeze in Linux.

    MS has still not managed to even get their Edge browser working properly. And not to forget Action center, very unreliable.

    Windows is a toy OS at best. Yet I do both love and hate it at the same time.
    I strongly disagree. It's quite the opposite to what you've said. Windows just makes things happen. With Linux it makes it unnecessarily longer and if you know the command line in Linux you get more things done but its not for the inexperienced computer user. My parents would be lost on Linux, but they know how to get around Windows and my Dad is 90! Yes I do use Linux and have been since I first tried Slackware 3.2 which was included on a book disc.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 12,971
    Windows 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2017 #333

    slicendice said: View Post
    About your comment, I guess my "never had an issue" networking is not so serious.
    slicendice said: View Post
    heheh, surfing the web and transferring a few file every now and then with no hurry works great on Windows. That is serious enough for 95% of all network users. BUT for the other 5%, Windows is a pain.
    Saved by the flag! This is the point where I usually turn to sarcasm, hidden insults and arguing to fight stupid comments but as with each fellow Finn here who remind me of the beloved and greatly missed home, the threshold to turn unpolitte is with you somewhat higher.

    Therefore, based on the above I just politely thank you for counting me in to that 95% who "heheh, just surf the web and transfer a few files every now and then".

    Really, thank you!

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,459
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       17 Jul 2017 #334

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahah, after been playing around with Linux for a few months and returning back to Windows, I realized that Windows 10 is a nightmare, no matter which build in question.

    Serous networking, multitasking and work related tasks are a breeze in Linux.

    MS has still not managed to even get their Edge browser working properly. And not to forget Action center, very unreliable.

    Windows is a toy OS at best. Yet I do both love and hate it at the same time.
    Bizarre comments on what is after all Beta.....I have never experienced your above failings.....Edge being my principal browser by choice.
    As for Action Centre, it does what it is designed to do.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2017 #335

    dencal said: View Post
    Bizarre comments on what is after all Beta.....I have never experienced your above failings.....Edge being my principal browser by choice.
    As for Action Centre, it does what it is designed to do.
    Per his specs he is on 15063.483
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,126
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid
       17 Jul 2017 #336

    Hi Slicendice.
    "Windows is a toy OS at best. Yet I do both love and hate it at the same time. [/QUOTE"]

    I got a note from the Administrator and quite a bit of flack from members for using the same words But that was probably at least a year ago (I'm not motivated enough to search).

    Things are easier in Linux I find. However stuff inported from the server side to Windows 10 make it less of a toy.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,459
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       17 Jul 2017 #337

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Per his specs he is on 15063.483
    Assuming that is true.......why is he posting on Insider?????.......even more bizarre!!!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 29,021
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       17 Jul 2017 #338

    Possible explanation, I don't know his setup, he could be on Release Preview Ring. That is technically Insider. My Release Preview Ring shows just that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-17_17h46_18.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	144399
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 5,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2017 #339

    dencal said: View Post
    Assuming that is true.......why is he posting on Insider?????.......even more bizarre!!!!!
    Just pointing out what is said. Not every person in the world loves Windows 10. So many still on XP..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,767
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       17 Jul 2017 #340

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Possible explanation, I don't know his setup, he could be on Release Preview Ring. That is technically Insider. My Release Preview Ring shows just that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-17_17h46_18.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	144399
    I agree TC, I'm only running one PC at the moment so stay on Release Preview Ring. However I still subscribe to the Fast Ring threads so I can keep on top of what's happening
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Related Threads
829827700969787392 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 for Mobile - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
781177126569455616 Update: Early version of UWP File Explorer app found in build 14936. Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
738201854929047552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14356 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37.
Find Us