Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring Insider

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Jul 2017 #60

    Anyone noticed any difference between the titlebars on Edge CU and FCU?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgecu.PNG 
Views:	100 
Size:	236 Bytes 
ID:	142907 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgefcu.PNG 
Views:	100 
Size:	283 Bytes 
ID:	142908
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    07 Jul 2017 #61

    Well after 3 1/2 hours, 5 Green screens and never getting out of Windows Update I am done with this, one of the GSOD's was blaming Samsung Magician Rapid Mode. So I sent of a note resigning from the Insider Preview program. I deleted all of my ISO's and MR backups. I will stay with a stable build. I hope you people had better luck than me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Jul 2017 #62

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Well after 3 1/2 hours, 5 Green screens and never getting out of Windows Update I am done with this, one of the GSOD's was blaming Samsung Magician Rapid Mode. So I sent of a note resigning from the Insider Preview program. I deleted all of my ISO's and MR backups. I will stay with a stable build. I hope you people had better luck than me.
    I have seen elsewhere that Samsung Magician may cause upgrade issues - I don't use it so I can't verify it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       07 Jul 2017 #63

    20 minutes from beginning of initialize to beginning of install. Install is clipping right along not hesitating so far. Now at 50%.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 32,303
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       07 Jul 2017 #64

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    20 minutes from beginning of initialize to beginning of install. Install is clipping right along not hesitating so far. Now at 50%.
    Wait for 75-76-77% after the restart. That's when you go start dinner.......
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    07 Jul 2017 #65

    Hi,

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Well after 3 1/2 hours, 5 Green screens and never getting out of Windows Update I am done with this, one of the GSOD's was blaming Samsung Magician Rapid Mode. So I sent of a note resigning from the Insider Preview program. I deleted all of my ISO's and MR backups. I will stay with a stable build. I hope you people had better luck than me.
    Sorry to hear about that. I had Samsung Rapid Mode ON all along with no issues at all.
    In fact this update went great for me, it feels fast and it has a relatively small footprint on the drive.

    Superfetch remained OFF but Prefetch is turned back ON among other things. Guess I'll leave it as is for awhile.

    Cheers guys,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 304
    Win 10 Pro x64 17133.1/ 17638 on one machine
       07 Jul 2017 #66

    sneekez said: View Post
    Attachment 142895

    Seems to be stuck at 97%, but I assume from reading other posts it will finish
    Finished installing. It was approximately a three hour ordeal. Downloading and installing. Now to start testing.
    Thank you @magilla and @Fisher Mann for your input!

    ISO made as well.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 32,303
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       07 Jul 2017 #67

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    Sorry to hear about that. I had Samsung Rapid Mode ON all along with no issues at all.
    In fact this update went great for me, it feels fast and it has a relatively small footprint on the drive.

    Superfetch remained OFF but Prefetch is turned back ON among other things. Guess I'll leave it as is for awhile.

    Cheers guys,
    Your hiberfil.sys come back? Mine did!!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       07 Jul 2017 #68

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Wait for 75-76-77% after the restart. That's when you go start dinner.......
    Yeah I was reading that. Kinda bogged at 61% then shot up to 66% then cruised along again. At the historical 75% now. 35 minutes into it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    07 Jul 2017 #69

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Your hiberfil.sys come back? Mine did!!!!
    Mine too - on my upgrade 2 do list
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Read more: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 883408218176618496 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
    784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
    Source 605240532932169728
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.
    Find Us