Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring Insider

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
  1. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,090
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Jul 2017 #150

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Nice of you to offer your ISO there, badrobot. :)

    Wasn't paying attention myself to his post title about the other two PCs so he could grab an ESD from the .old folder.

    Of course that is fairly new info and should make note of it.
    Thanks!

    I am just making use of an idle 17GB Google Drive space I have.
    I have a NAS and I just auto-sync Google Drive with it to place a copy of my ISO there in case someone in the forum needs it. :)

    Have a great weekend!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. tracit99's Avatar
    Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro 17134.285
       08 Jul 2017 #151

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Hello, Thom B. Welcome to TenForums.

    If you like, you may have a chance you have enough downloaded to get the ESD file to perform ESD to ISO. Not sure. Worth a try, otherwise I'm sure someone will offer their ISO. I didn't make one this time around

    UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Nice of you to offer your ISO there, badrobot. :)

    Wasn't paying attention myself to his post title about the other two PCs so he could grab an ESD from the .old folder.

    Of course that is fairly new info and should make note of it.
    @HippsieGypsie

    You are aware that now there is no single ESD from WU that can be used to create an ISO. That was the old way. Now it is all about UUP files and there are many (some of which are .esd files). I just wanted to clarify this especially for new users.

    MS has not totally abandoned the old ESD method (the ESD type that can be converted into an ISO). Most notably this type of ESD is currently used by the Media Creation Tool and the Upgrade Assistant.
    Last edited by tracit99; 08 Jul 2017 at 12:34.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 752
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       08 Jul 2017 #152

    tracit99 said: View Post
    @HippsieGypsie

    You are aware that there is no single ESD from WU that can be used to create an ISO. It is all about UUP files and there are many. I just wanted to clarify this especially for new users.
    Yes, it's not like 'the old days'. Actually, I just tried making an ISO from Windows.old, and it failed. Best make your ISO from the original download before hitting 'restart' for the upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,090
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Jul 2017 #153

    sgage said: View Post
    Yes, it's not like 'the old days'. Actually, I just tried making an ISO from Windows.old, and it failed. Best make your ISO from the original download before hitting 'restart' for the upgrade.
    Not the case for me. I always make my ISO after the upgrade. But I guess our mileage varies. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Jul 2017 #154

    badrobot said: View Post
    Not the case for me. I always make my ISO after the upgrade. But I guess our mileage varies. :)
    Some 'crazy' issues going on now with i5 PC that is stuck on 16199. Created esd and got through ISO process all the way to last select (1,2, or 3). Cannot input from keyboard (not on-screen either). Works logging in, works on Chrome (not Edge), and cannot copy/paste to final selection.
    Can I make the ISO on other working i5 PC and use on hanging one ?? Seems like it should work, if I can get from others' storage media ???
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,378
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       08 Jul 2017 #155

    doubtingtom37 said: View Post
    Some 'crazy' issues going on now with i5 PC that is stuck on 16199. Created esd and got through ISO process all the way to last select (1,2, or 3). Cannot input from keyboard (not on-screen either). Works logging in, works on Chrome (not Edge), and cannot copy/paste to final selection.
    Can I make the ISO on other working i5 PC and use on hanging one ?? Seems like it should work, if I can get from others' storage media ???
    @doubtingtom37

    If you're still on 16199, and trying to make the ISO from Kari's tut, there was a known issue in build 16199 that caused input problems. It would just beep. Look at this post from Kari, and get the little fix you will need to get past 16199 error making the ISO.

    TC

    UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files - Page 69 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,090
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Jul 2017 #156

    doubtingtom37 said: View Post
    Some 'crazy' issues going on now with i5 PC that is stuck on 16199. Created esd and got through ISO process all the way to last select (1,2, or 3). Cannot input from keyboard (not on-screen either). Works logging in, works on Chrome (not Edge), and cannot copy/paste to final selection.
    Can I make the ISO on other working i5 PC and use on hanging one ?? Seems like it should work, if I can get from others' storage media ???
    Yes it will work. That's what we were trying to tell you. Make the ISO from the other PC. Let us know what happens. If you can't make it work I'll link you an ISO. But it's always more satisfying to use the ISO you made yourself... haha...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Jul 2017 #157

    I gave up, I can't update to this build from slow ring(15063).
    It prepared everything, I have the options to update and restart/update and shutdown. I tried both but it won't upgrade.

    Might be because i only have 11.5GB free space and this update is offloading some files to D: in a $WINDOWS.~TMP directory.. i don't know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,090
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Jul 2017 #158

    Jack07 said: View Post
    I gave up, I can't update to this build from slow ring(15063).
    It prepared everything, I have the options to update and restart/update and shutdown. I tried both but it won't upgrade.

    Might be because i only have 11.5GB free space and this update is offloading some files to D: in a $WINDOWS.~TMP directory.. i don't know.
    Try to do disk cleanup to get rid of old installation files. Usually, one upgrade leaves about 20GB of previous installation files.That's a lot of disk space you can get back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 1,871
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       08 Jul 2017 #159

    Jack07 said: View Post
    I gave up, I can't update to this build from slow ring(15063).
    It prepared everything, I have the options to update and restart/update and shutdown. I tried both but it won't upgrade.

    Might be because i only have 11.5GB free space and this update is offloading some files to D: in a $WINDOWS.~TMP directory.. i don't know.
    I'm confused. The current build is 16237 and offered via fast ring only- ???
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 883408218176618496 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Source 605240532932169728
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13.
Find Us