Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19,511
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       04 Jul 2017 #420

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Hi there. That's got to be signing in with the same MS account, yes?
    No, they don't.

    Windows on one of my Lappies is registered under my Pen Name and still syncs with Windows on this desktop registered under my Real Name.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,712
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17655
       04 Jul 2017 #421



    - and syncing is a doddle..
    - continuum is totally brilliant..

    - just waving, not drowning..

    PS> watch in HD
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 32,531
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       04 Jul 2017 #422

    Wynona said: View Post
    No, they don't.

    Windows on one of my Lappies is registered under my Pen Name and still syncs with Windows on this desktop registered under my Real Name.
    Maybe I don't get it (highly likely...), but isn't syncing done by MS account?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,712
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17655
       04 Jul 2017 #423



    - and other amazing things, etc, etc..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    04 Jul 2017 #424

    Wynona said: View Post
    No, they don't.

    Windows on one of my Lappies is registered under my Pen Name and still syncs with Windows on this desktop registered under my Real Name.
    They either sync with The IP address or the MAC address,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 19,511
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       04 Jul 2017 #425

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Maybe I don't get it (highly likely...), but isn't syncing done by MS account?
    Not sure, TC, but I think it may be from the IP address. I do know that the same theme runs on both of them and that they both use both of my printers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 19,511
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       04 Jul 2017 #426

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    They either sync with The IP address or the MAC address,
    I'm pretty sure it's not the MAC address, since each has its own; however, both have the same IP address since they run on the same network. I can even print from Cyndi's printer up the hill.

    It was really funny; the other day, my printer started and I was surprised, since I hadn't ordered anything printed. I had to take the document up to them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 32,531
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       04 Jul 2017 #427

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    They either sync with The IP address or the MAC address,
    I have one of my Insider builds with 3 different MS accounts on it. All are set to sync. All have different themes, somewhat different settings. They never co-mingle.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    04 Jul 2017 #428

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I have one of my Insider builds with 3 different MS accounts on it. All are set to sync. All have different themes, somewhat different settings. They never co-mingle.
    Are they on the same router? Are any of them on a VPN? I turned off sync as I only have one PC and no other devices. I did this before I did the clean install and found it quite strange that it had one of my backgrounds, not as the main one but it was in Web windows 10. You can set them not to sync themes. You can set your devices anyway you want but MS does not care, they will do whatever they please.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 32,531
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       04 Jul 2017 #429

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Are they on the same router? Are any of them on a VPN? I turned off sync as I only have one PC and no other devices. I did this before I did the clean install and found it quite strange that it had one of my backgrounds, not as the main one but it was in Web windows 10. You can set them not to sync themes. You can set your devices anyway you want but MS does not care, they will do whatever they please.
    Same router, no VPN. Same OS. Just plain vanilla accounts I added after setup with my main one. All 3 MS accts.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    781177126569455616 Update: Early version of UWP File Explorer app found in build 14936. Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
    751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    751098939798007808 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog Download: Windows 10 Mobile Emulator 14383
    UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
    700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.
    Find Us