Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
  1. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,538
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       30 Jun 2017 #240

    Happy Country Birthday to our neighbors up north
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    01 Jul 2017 #241

    sgage said: View Post
    Thanks all! It's been a very happy birthday. And Happy Birthday CountMike! Birthday time at TenForums!
    Of course, UK does not have any birthday as such. We could define it as the day of signing of the Union but this itself is all a bit political these days.

    As an aside, we have the longest official country name in English - "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and Japan has the shortest (along with one other).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Jul 2017 #242

    Wynona said: View Post
    Well, then, Happy Birthday Count!
    Thank you, hoping for another one at least, it will start with 7.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       01 Jul 2017 #243

    cereberus said: View Post
    Of course, UK does not have any birthday as such. We could define it as the day of signing of the Union but this itself is all a bit political these days.

    As an aside, we have the longest official country name in English - "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" and Japan has the shortest (along with one other).
    Sorry to burst your balloon, but "The Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu (Chinese Taipei)" has it beat.

    Language Log: World's longest official country name
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,161
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       01 Jul 2017 #244

    Fabler2 said: View Post
    At the risk of offending and I do apologise afore, what about the indigenous people of the Americas that were there before the Europeans that created the initial havoc that now summons respect for the fourth of July?

    Just a question - that's all.
    @Fabler2

    Really not the proper place for this discussion, but I will respond once, out of courtesy.

    Indigenous Peoples' Day - Wikipedia
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       01 Jul 2017 #245

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @Fabler2

    Really not the proper place for this discussion, but I will respond once, out of courtesy.

    Indigenous Peoples' Day - Wikipedia


    You directed Fabler2 to the right place on the net! [emoji854]

    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Jul 2017 #246

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Sorry to burst your balloon, but "The Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu (Chinese Taipei)" has it beat.

    Language Log: World's longest official country name
    I do not think that is an official name in accordance with UN recognised country names.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 750
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       01 Jul 2017 #247

    Well, I hit the ol' 'Restart' button, rebooted, and the updater said something to the effect of "we can't do the update because something's not good", or something equally helpful and informative :-(

    So I mounted the ISO I'd made, started setup.exe, and it worked perfectly first time. I am singularly unimpressed with WU/UUP on a number of levels. But at least now I'm on 16232, and so far so good!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,161
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       01 Jul 2017 #248

    sgage said: View Post
    Well, I hit the ol' 'Restart' button, rebooted, and the updater said something to the effect of "we can't do the update because something's not good", or something equally helpful and informative :-(

    So I mounted the ISO I'd made, started setup.exe, and it worked perfectly first time. I am singularly unimpressed with WU/UUP on a number of levels. But at least now I'm on 16232, and so far so good!
    Yeah, they go all out to explain why. Kari got a decisive answer, I think UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files - Page 76 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    01 Jul 2017 #249

    M4v3r1ck said: View Post


    You directed Fabler2 to the right place on the net! [emoji854]

    Cheers
    I can see and read it just fine, Edge, Opera and FF.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Related Threads
781177126569455616 Update: Early version of UWP File Explorer app found in build 14936. Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
751098939798007808 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog Download: Windows 10 Mobile Emulator 14383
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:29.
Find Us