Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 32,413
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Jun 2017 #140

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Same here. Just switched back to FF. Will send MS feedback. It happens after cca 10 lines of text.
    @AndreTen

    Andre....Last One To Post Wins [88] - Page 19 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,852
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       29 Jun 2017 #141

    Not sure @f14tomcat, that this is the culprit here.. Started yesterday with Edge, just before update to 16232 appeared. No problems in FF
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Jun 2017 #142

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    With your specs, and that timing, that would give you about a 1 acre lot. +/-
    1/4 acre and a very fat internet pipe! electric lawn mower tho so it take a bit

    For those of you who are erroring out of the update, the only way I was able to get around the two previous builds that did that was to cold load an .iso. Seems like I am over the hump now and the updates are flushing through on their own.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 32,413
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Jun 2017 #143

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Not sure @f14tomcat, that this is the culprit here.. Started yesterday with Edge, just before update to 16232 appeared. No problems in FF
    Just coincidence of timing, then. FF went nuts at the same time as reboot. And yours and Tony's posts. Just coincidence. But it cleared up.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    29 Jun 2017 #144

    Abosolutely typicall.

    After about a dozen+ failures

    thought oh well try a few things
    MS WU troubleshooter - failed
    Reset via BAT Brinks tutorial - failed on multiple services unable to be stopped
    last effort was Disk clean-up, reboot
    Restart had been removed but not WU update log
    So tried the DL againd, copied over the ESD for a UUP-ISO install
    ran the tool - popped out came back
    LO and behold 16232 was sat there waiting for me

    So my advice for anyone stuck on the RESTART, AFTER a previous install failure
    (codes 0xd000002d-0x80240034 or 0x8024008)
    try Disk clean-up

    Roy
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       29 Jun 2017 #145

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Just coincidence of timing, then. FF went nuts at the same time as reboot. And yours and Tony's posts. Just coincidence. But it cleared up.
    Could be, although I noticed that this happened in a previous build answering with multi quotes. That and this incident were the only two. Like I said, it seems to happen when I talk too much.

    Anywho, I still have the sound delay problem in this build, which is a minor issue. Word seems to take it's time opening via its tile's context menu shortcut to a pinned file. Opens quickly upon second opening. Must take it awhile to find the file. Indexing perhaps? Other than the tile name thing, not anything else I've found so far.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       29 Jun 2017 #146

    hawkman said: View Post
    Abosolutely typicall.

    After about a dozen+ failures

    thought oh well try a few things
    MS WU troubleshooter - failed
    Reset via BAT Brinks tutorial - failed on multiple services unable to be stopped
    last effort was Disk clean-up, reboot
    Restart had been removed but not WU update log
    So tried the DL againd, copied over the ESD for a UUP-ISO install
    ran the tool - popped out came back
    LO and behold 16232 was sat there waiting for me

    So my advice for anyone stuck on the RESTART, AFTER a previous install failure
    (codes 0xd000002d-0x80240034 or 0x8024008)
    try Disk clean-up

    Roy
    Thanks for that info. Glad you got it loaded.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 13,759
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jun 2017 #147

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Just noticed that typing my last post towards the end (which was long). Letters got jumbled with no sense. I just waited for the auto save, pressed cancel, pressed the restore button, and finished it with no problem. Not sure if it's forum software or not. Short posts, no problem. Never have a problem elsewhere anyway.

    Maybe I just talk too much.
    I posted this yesterday in 16226 thread, is what happens in video the same that happens to you?

    Kari said: View Post
    Interesting Edge issue I have only had since upgrading to 16226.

    I just replied a thread, my reply is quite long including code sample. Suddenly after adding the CODE tags and pasting the sample code, when typing the last sentences in editor, Edge went crazy.

    I captured it in this half a minute video:

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 13,759
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jun 2017 #148

    This is becoming ridiculous. Clean install on an additional HDD using official 16193 ISO, then making disk offline in order to be able to use it on a VM (testing if speed difference is related to using VHD versus physical disk). Setup Hyper-V VM using that disk, after first boot directly opted in for Fast ring, restarted, upgrade found immediately. That was over two and a half hours ago.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	141755

    Host machine is old and ailing but it has i5, and the disk used is relatively fast 7,200 RPM WD disk, Internet connection 100/20 Mbps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 11,852
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       29 Jun 2017 #149

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Just coincidence of timing, then. FF went nuts at the same time as reboot. And yours and Tony's posts. Just coincidence. But it cleared up.
    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Could be, although I noticed that this happened in a previous build answering with multi quotes. That and this incident were the only two. Like I said, it seems to happen when I talk too much.

    Anywho, I still have the sound delay problem in this build, which is a minor issue. Word seems to take it's time opening via its tile's context menu shortcut to a pinned file. Opens quickly upon second opening. Must take it awhile to find the file. Indexing perhaps? Other than the tile name thing, not anything else I've found so far.
    Absolutely. Could be connected to multi quoting, or something. I'm back on Edge for the moment just to discover something more about this.

    Happened just a moment ago in another thread, but seems fine here. I can insert here without problem. Before that it went crazy Strange how long will it takes to start messing wihm yig?
    hr tis iee ?npty t

    Edit eei sit rh:
    d s
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    781177126569455616 Update: Early version of UWP File Explorer app found in build 14936. Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14936 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
    751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    751098939798007808 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog Download: Windows 10 Mobile Emulator 14383
    UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
    700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:58.
    Find Us