Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    25 Jul 2015 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
    I am sure the fifteen people with Xbox One and the ten people with Windows Phone will love this.
    Indianopolis must be a quiet place, the rest of the world bought 8.4 million Windows phones last quarter, and I bought two.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    SouthWest, FLorida
    Posts : 470
    Win 10 Pro (x64), OSX 10.11

    In some area, Windows Phone is not that popular.

    I live in Florida. In our gated community, I did an informal survey, I found out only 5 out of 500+ neighbors have Windows Phones.
    It is all Android and IPhone!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,885
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Indianopolis must be a quiet place, the rest of the world bought 8.4 million Windows phones last quarter, and I bought two.


    Have had a Lumia 1520 for 1-1/2 years myself. Great device IMO.

    Sorry BillyBob, but no. You're wrong. Things are hopping busy in Indianapolis and elsewhere. Most of the world must want to struggle tech wise I would guess > Windows PC and a different brand phone having different accounts > Hmm > Must enjoy hours upon hours getting them to sync with services. Then do it all over again when either OS upgrades or a phone hard reset. They'll never experience the beauty of it all.

    This is not to say Windows phones are perfect, but when something goes wrong so to have to hard reset, it's 15 minutes tops for me. Everything all set up exactly the way I had it via MS account backup. I may have to enter passwords for some 3rd party apps, but that's it. Oh, and the last time, which was about a year ago, I had to uninstall/reinstall one app because the Live tile didn't update. The app worked, though.
    Last edited by HippsieGypsie; 26 Jul 2015 at 05:29.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    25 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM

    No seriously Windows Phone however good or bad (My younger brother Paul in England has one and he loves it) is in 3rd place here by a long margin. I would say Apple has the market pretty much sown up and those that don't do Apple do Android.
    So much so no banks TV Station Weather apps etc are just Crapple and Android.
    Me I have a basic cell phone and 2 laptops and 7 PC's. When the machines rise up I'll be OK.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jul 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,550
    Windows 10 Pro

    I'm a new Windows phone user and I'm very happy with it. I bought a Lumia 640 XL from AT&T and I like it more than my Samsung Galaxy 3. I was going back and forth between Windows 8.1 update 2 and Windows 10 Mobile build 10166. I finally decided to stay with Windows 10 Mobile. Even with the bugs I prefer Windows 10 over Windows 8. I would like to see a new build but with the 29th so close I think it may be awhile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Jul 2015 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
    No seriously Windows Phone however good or bad (My younger brother Paul in England has one and he loves it) is in 3rd place here by a long margin. I would say Apple has the market pretty much sown up and those that don't do Apple do Android.
    So much so no banks TV Station Weather apps etc are just Crapple and Android.
    Me I have a basic cell phone and 2 laptops and 7 PC's. When the machines rise up I'll be OK.
    It's funny how you bring Apple into the argument, a company that had 3% or less share of the market for years, and everyone said that was great, 3% for MS is crap.
    I don't particularly care, I don't buy because of market share, I buy what I want not because a whole lot of sheep are buying Crapple.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jul 2015 #17
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 82
    Windows10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    3 words for me: Red Dead Redemption

    *shakes fist at Rockstar for no PC version*
    Can you get Red Dead on Xbox one? Or will it be when they finally implement backwards compatibility?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jul 2015 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,885
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    @ Indianatone

    I'm assuming you're directing this at me since it immediately follows my post. Perhaps not, but all the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
    No seriously Windows Phone however good or bad is in 3rd place here by a long margin. I would say Apple has the market pretty much sown up and those that don't do Apple do Android.
    Does that mean no one is being serious with their posts? I certainly was as now. I'm sure others as well.

    I'm referring to only smart phones here. A lot of people have basic phones such as yourself. My wife has one also. She's not interested in tech and just wants to make calls and text message.

    Androids have the largest market share with far more than Apple's iOS and always have as seen below. Why is that? Androids are far less expensive and pushed more by carriers simply because they are more affordable. IOW, quantity over quality. That really had nothing to do with quality of the OS, but rather hardware. Along with this Google offered the OS and services for free. The average joe wouldn't know the difference of one over the other as long as they can show it off to their friends. > "Oh! Look! I can search the Inet using Google search on my cheap Android phone I was able to afford!" And Google made more of a $killing$ with advertisement, OEMs with their handsets, and carriers with handset markup and talk/data contracted plans.

    Cheap, affordable hardware with two-year contracts (in the U.S.) + Free OS + Free services + Advertisement = Mucho dinero for Google, OEMs, and carriers. What a racket!

    The playing field has been leveled more so now that MS offers OEMs their Windows OS for free. Of course services all along also. More services as a matter of fact. OneDrive with some free GBs, Bing points with using Bing, Cortana, free Office (phone version), OneNote, Office online, Some free apps, and settings backup.

    Below is just but one reference. One can search and find many more for comparison. They're basically the same results.

    Source: IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cell Market Share Snip.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	25960

    (My younger brother Paul in England has one and he loves it)
    Must be smarter one, eh? That's not to say you or anyone else are not smart. It's just that he's taking advantage of a good thing IMO.

    So much so no banks TV Station Weather apps etc are just Crapple and Android.
    This is no longer a valid point in reasoning to decide which one to purchase over the other. Admittedly MS got into the game late, but there are plenty of apps presently. More being added to their store weekly. And it's not so much about apps today anyway as it is services and now familiararity. Perhaps you didn't get the gist of my previous post. I would suggest you buy or borrow an Android, an iPhone, and a Windows phone all with their accounts and hard reset them all to see which one is easiest and less time consuming to do so. If an OS updates which will be easier? We that are interested and know tech can do so (taking more time), but what about the vast majority of commoners that don't? MS has simplified this to a great extent for them. Personally I've not the time anymore at my age either.

    If 90% of people have Windows PCs and a large amount of them have MS accounts which OS will be more familiar to learn and use on a phone? This is the plan that MS has devised. I think it to be a good one. Give it 5 years and we'll see Windows phone market share is then. I dare say it'll be somewhere around 40% and will continue to rise.

    Another big factor that has changed recently in the U.S. is the legislation passed to be able to purchase unlocked phones that are contract free. I was so happy to see this scam pass away. Carriers are now scrambling to push their "branded" phones as if it's a honor to use them. Geesh! We'll notice a lot more handsets capable of using different cellular systems. Lumia/Nokia handsets being one of them.

    Me I have a basic cell phone and 2 laptops and 7 PC's. When the machines rise up I'll be OK.
    I choose not to live in such fear.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    26 Jul 2015 #19
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Newfoundland
    Posts : 609
    win 10

    It's not like windows just stared selling phones yesterday and still barely a dent in the market. I still have never seen a single person with a windows phone ever. For better or worse it's a droid or apple.

    I can not see how they ever approach 40% without some kind of game changer, and I don't myself see w10 as that game
    changer. At least not yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Jul 2015 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,885
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by doorules View Post
    It's not like windows just stared selling phones yesterday and still barely a dent in the market. I still have never seen a single person with a windows phone ever. For better or worse it's a droid or apple.

    I can not see how they ever approach 40% without some kind of game changer, and I don't myself see w10 as that game
    changer. At least not yet.
    Well then I guess you'll be one of those that'll never know. That's by all means your choice.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Gaming Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off the Game Bar in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use the Game bar to broadcast, record, and take...
Tutorials
Gaming Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10
How to Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10 The Game bar (when turned on) is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use the Game bar to record,...
Tutorials
Gaming Undo Game DVR 'Remember this as a game' in Windows 10
How to Undo 'Remember this as a game' for Game DVR in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use the Game bar to record and take...
Tutorials
Most COD Game I play on Windows 10
It all began with the build 10166 but when I am playing say MW3, I cannot stay standing, it seems to drop me into a prone position at will. Any Ideas?
Gaming
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums