Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Jun 2017 #61
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,112
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    It's now at 41% but was stuck at 32% when I took this screenshot. I'm in the Windows 10 VM nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Build 16266 Udate Progress.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	732.7 KB 
ID:	140574
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    21 Jun 2017 #62
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,697
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Hmm. This will be the third time I'm attempting reboot (if I do). Watched it go through all phases of updating. Says it completed. When rebooting it goes to dual boot choice screen, which it shouldn't. It should reboot straight to 16226 bypassing the choice screen. Says it updated and awaiting restart. Upgrading from 16215. Dual boot with 15063. Any ideas?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (39).png 
Views:	9 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	140575

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (40).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	140576
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    21 Jun 2017 #63
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,634
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hmm. This will be the third time I'm attempting reboot (if I do). Watched it go through all phases of updating. Says it completed. When rebooting it goes to dual boot choice screen, which it shouldn't. It should reboot straight to 16226 bypassing the choice screen. Says it updated and awaiting restart. Upgrading from 16215. Dual boot with 15063. Any ideas?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (39).png 
Views:	9 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	140575

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (40).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	140576
    Your 15603's boot manager is messed up anyway. Just coninue the 16226 upgrade and fix 15603 boot issue after. I usually use Macrium to fix boot problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Jun 2017 #64
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 2,336
    Win10 Pro Build 17040

    - all done and dusted
    - in 3 hours..
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    21 Jun 2017 #65
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts : 107
    W10 Pro x64. W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview

    A quick update from 16199 (I was unable to install 162215.) I did not disconnect any of my peripherals, or uninstall my anti-malware programs during the install; my reasoning for leaving those things installed/connected is that most non-technical folk will not know that anything should be disconnected/uninstalled.
    But, and it's a big but, any app or program I open, doesn't retain focus. Focus cycles on for about 5 seconds, then off for about 2 seconds, repeatedly. Service Host: Windows Error Reporting is very busy. I have rebooted 3 times since the install completed. Prior to the last reboot I removed the Malwarebytes Premium autostart, that did not change the focus cycling. I shut down Vipre Internet Security just now, no change to the focus cycling.
    I hope someone has the solution!
    About to try starting in safe mode.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    21 Jun 2017 #66
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Core

    Quote Originally Posted by lmod View Post
    A quick update from 16199 (I was unable to install 162215.) I did not disconnect any of my peripherals, or uninstall my anti-malware programs during the install; my reasoning for leaving those things installed/connected is that most non-technical folk will not know that anything should be disconnected/uninstalled.
    But, and it's a big but, any app or program I open, doesn't retain focus. Focus cycles on for about 5 seconds, then off for about 2 seconds, repeatedly. Service Host: Windows Error Reporting is very busy. I have rebooted 3 times since the install completed. Prior to the last reboot I removed the Malwarebytes Premium autostart, that did not change the focus cycling. I shut down Vipre Internet Security just now, no change to the focus cycling.
    I hope someone has the solution!
    About to try starting in safe mode.
    I've got the same issue on 16215. Something wrong with input module. It crashed continuously. I have to change the crash reporter exe file to prevent it from running. And now I cannot type in any metro app like Edge, Settings, even start menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 Jun 2017 #67
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 73
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dangh View Post
    I've got the same issue on 16215. Something wrong with input module. It crashed continuously. I have to change the crash reporter exe file to prevent it from running. And now I cannot type in any metro app like Edge, Settings, even start menu.
    Same problem here update from 16199. Cannot type anything into Chrome / Edge focus keeps shifting on and off VERY frustrating. I have reverted back to 16199 until a solution appears
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Jun 2017 #68
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts : 107
    W10 Pro x64. W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview

    In safe Mode I get a window titled "ctfmon.exe - Success" with the message "Unknown Hard Error". Hitting OK dismisses it for a couple of seconds, then it returns.
    Searching for ctfmon.exe with the "Everything" search program finds many instances of that file, 4 with double extension (.exe.mui) size 3 KB dated 17/06/2017 21:52, 2 without the .mui size 19KB, dated 17/06/2017 20:58 and more, plus a large number of AppCrash_ctfmon.exe_55f........ entries

    Edit. Ahhhh, now I remember the notes said to uninstall Net 3.5 . I read that but finished another project prior to starting the install, so forgot to check. It doesn't show in Apps and Features while in Safe mode.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    21 Jun 2017 #69
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,841
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Upgrade from '215 to '226 went smoothly - uninstalled Acronis True Image prior to upgrade - ATI had caused problems in the past - upgrades seems to take longer with each new build.


    ETA - any ideas on how to remove the 3D Objects folder from DESKTOP?
    Last two upgrades have had a lot of changes - no wonder it takes longer.

    Personally I would never use ATI again having had bad experiences with it. IMO Macrium Reflect is far superior.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Jun 2017 #70
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 73
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by lmod View Post
    In safe Mode I get a window titled "ctfmon.exe - Success" with the message "Unknown Hard Error". Hitting OK dismisses it for a couple of seconds, then it returns.
    Searching for ctfmon.exe with the "Everything" search program finds many instances of that file, 4 with double extension (.exe.mui) size 3 KB dated 17/06/2017 21:52, 2 without the .mui size 19KB, dated 17/06/2017 20:58 and more, plus a large number of AppCrash_ctfmon.exe_55f........ entries

    Edit. Ahhhh, now I remember the notes said to uninstall Net 3.5 . I read that but finished another project prior to starting the install, so forgot to check. It doesn't show in Apps and Features while in Safe mode.
    From what I read uninstalling Net 3.5 is only needed when update does not install and rolls back. My update installed without uninstalling Net 3.5 but has the focus issue. I am not sure that uninstalling Net 3.5 and reinstalling the update will be a remedy but i could be wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC
UPDATE: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15058 ISO file is also now available for download here (click on link). 842858810314129408 841771427787235329 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC - Windows Experience...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for PC
825063872533032960 825065215523971072 825213100613775360 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums