Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Jun 2017 #401
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,006
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I have no issues in using Function keys in On-screen keyboard, build 16226 (requires Fn button to be pressed down, of course):
    Attachment 141090
    I was not referring to the keyboard you get by running osk.exe as above but the standard keyboard option from the notification menu in task bar. This is no longer available in 16226. I prefer this as easier on a touch than osk.exe.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	141092
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jun 2017 #402
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,006
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    Because I like to test new things, It not that I don't need them or want them , my machine is 8 years old, does not support miscast and I still can test things even though I may not use the final build. But then again I may. I cannot even place the latest build to sleep. There are still thinks I can test and report. I have been in the program since the second build. Like you said internal restructuring . Are you in The Program? Cannot tell as you do not have your system specs filled out. What you are saying maybe a concern to Dona Sarkar but to put this as nice as I can is not your concern.

    If it makes you happy, I am only going to be involved for one more build.
    I use the Insider all the time but not as my main OS of course. I was not trying to be rude just could not see point of cyour omment that a build had nothing you used or needed. It is a requirement to update regularly or else it times out eventually.

    No offence intended - of course it is your prerogative to do as you please.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Jun 2017 #403
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,868
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I use the Insider all the time but not as my main OS of course. I was not trying to be rude just could not see point of cyour omment that a build had nothing you used or needed. It is a requirement to update regularly or else it times out eventually.

    No offence intended - of course it is your prerogative to do as you please.
    I can't use any builds in the 169XX or 162xx on a daily basis as I cannot place my machine in sleep mode. One reason I am going to stop. My PC is 8 years old so going any further would not be good for me or MS. No offense taken hence the smiley but you have opened my eyes so to speak.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Jun 2017 #404
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Mountains of Western NC
    Posts : 296
    Win 10 Pro x64 17046 Skippy

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I was not referring to the keyboard you get by running osk.exe as above but the standard keyboard option from the notification menu in task bar. This is no longer available in 16226. I prefer this as easier on a touch than osk.exe.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	141092
    This one?: Use "Turn System Icons On and Off" in Settings>Task Bar>Notification area. I use it when using my Spectre in tablet mode. It can also bring up emojis on what ever your typing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jun 2017 #405
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,006
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher Mann View Post
    This one?: Use "Turn System Icons On and Off" in Settings>Task Bar>Notification area. I use it when using my Spectre in tablet mode. It can also bring up emojis on what ever your typing.
    I am not talking about how to get the keyboard icon in notification area.

    I am saying that the standard keyboard option no longer exists for the touch screen keyboard in 16226. It exists on CU version. I now have to use the more cramped on screen keyboard invoked by running osk.exe (or toggling option in settings menu).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Jun 2017 #406
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,071
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I am not talking about how to get the keyboard icon in notification area.

    I am saying that the standard keyboard option no longer exists for the touch screen keyboard in 16226. It exists on CU version. I now have to use the more cramped on screen keyboard invoked by running osk.exe (or toggling option in settings menu).
    You might be talking about something else, but if I put mine in Tablet Mode, I can get the On Screen keyboard.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-06-25_11h06_33.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	141112
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    25 Jun 2017 #407
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    LAKELAND, FLORIDA
    Posts : 267
    WINDOWS 10 PRO INSIDER PREVIEW

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I use the Insider all the time but not as my main OS of course.
    I actually use the Insider Builds as my MAIN OS on my Dell XPS-8700 Desktop. This latest build, unlike 215, installed perfectly. I also make FULL MR7 Backups sometimes 4 times a day, especially when I "experiment" and change something. Always can go back.

    I also have Full Backup of 199 which ran as good or better than this version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Jun 2017 #408
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    LAKELAND, FLORIDA
    Posts : 267
    WINDOWS 10 PRO INSIDER PREVIEW

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    I can't use any builds in the 169XX or 162xx on a daily basis as I cannot place my machine in sleep mode. One reason I am going to stop. My PC is 8 years old so going any further would not be good for me or MS. No offense taken hence the smiley but you have opened my eyes so to speak.
    Did you see my post #321, I fixed the Monitor Sleep problem with my Computer !!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Jun 2017 #409
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I am not talking about how to get the keyboard icon in notification area.

    I am saying that the standard keyboard option no longer exists for the touch screen keyboard in 16226. It exists on CU version. I now have to use the more cramped on screen keyboard invoked by running osk.exe (or toggling option in settings menu).
    I have to say I have not a faintest clue about what you mean? I have exactly the same on-screen keyboard in 14393, 15063 and 16226.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Jun 2017 #410
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,868
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wen View Post
    Did you see my post #321, I fixed the Monitor Sleep problem with my Computer !!

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226 for PC Insider - Page 33 - Windows 10 Forums

    Yes I saw it. I do not have MBAM installed so it does not apply to my issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC
UPDATE: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15058 ISO file is also now available for download here (click on link). 842858810314129408 841771427787235329 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC - Windows Experience...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for PC
825063872533032960 825065215523971072 825213100613775360 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums