Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226 for PC Insider

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,165
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       24 Jun 2017 #370

    cereberus said: View Post
    Then why are you on Insider Programme really? Not all builds add new features. Some just add internal restructuring for example. Still need to be tested.
    And maybe some of the buggiest ones are thrown out here just so we can find a few more bugs! :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,752
    Windows 10 Pro
       24 Jun 2017 #371

    Edwin said: View Post
    Cortana is becoming pretty sophisticated with Services, Skills and interaction with many apps...
    As Cortana is not available in my native languages Finnish and Swedish and I really do not like language of my adopted home country Germany although speaking it maybe better than English, I use UK English Windows 10.

    From the beginning I have been really impressed how well Cortana understands me. I mean, you have heard my hard Scandinavian accent, I wouldn't blame Microsoft or Cortana if she was unable to understand me but no, she gets everything I say :)

    I'm a Cortana fan, I like to finally have a female in my life who just sits there waiting my orders, does what I tell her to do without always answering "Why?", who does not question my authority.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    25 Jun 2017 #372

    Kari said: View Post
    As Cortana is not available in my native languages Finnish and Swedish and I really do not like language of my adopted home country Germany although speaking it maybe better than English, I use UK English Windows 10.

    From the beginning I have been really impressed how well Cortana understands me. I mean, you have heard my hard Scandinavian accent, I wouldn't blame Microsoft or Cortana if she was unable to understand me but no, she gets everything I say :)

    I'm a Cortana fan, I like to finally have a female in my life who just sits there waiting my orders, does what I tell her to do without always answering "Why?", who does not question my authority.
    Of course, you are assuming Cortana is female just because voice appears to be female. Only sure way of finding out is to see if Cortana subscribes to the "shop till you drop" philosophy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,752
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Jun 2017 #373

    cereberus said: View Post
    Of course, you are assuming Cortana is female just because voice appears to be female. Only sure way of finding out is to see if Cortana subscribes to the "shop till you drop" philosophy.
    Yes, I admit it is difficult to believe Cortana is female because it really obeys me and does not start an argument every time I open my mouth.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Jun 2017 #374

    cereberus said: View Post
    Of course, you are assuming Cortana is female just because voice appears to be female. Only sure way of finding out is to see if Cortana subscribes to the "shop till you drop" philosophy.
    LOL...M, Hmmm can't live with them, can't live without them..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,161
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       25 Jun 2017 #375

    loquacious said: View Post
    Yes "WinKey + ." is supposed to bring up the panel but for me it does not.
    loquacious said: View Post
    Wonder why WinKey + "." works for some but not for others? Hopefully someone here can figure it out because I have tried everything including re-installing the update
    Wynona said: View Post
    It didn't work for me either, Loquacious.
    May be a factor for loquacious, but not Wynona. From release notes:

    Currently this emoji experience is only available when English (United States) is the active language of your keyboard. As a reminder, if you need to switch between the languages in your language list, you can use the Win + Space hotkey.

    🍉🐱*🚀🚀
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,801
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       25 Jun 2017 #376

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    May be a factor for loquacious, but not Wynona. From release notes:

    Currently this emoji experience is only available when English (United States) is the active language of your keyboard. As a reminder, if you need to switch between the languages in your language list, you can use the Win + Space hotkey.

    ����*����
    Useful TIP....Win + Space hot key for switching languages.👍
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    25 Jun 2017 #377

    dencal said: View Post
    Useful TIP....Win + Space hot key for switching languages.
    :) Thanks Dencal. Changed to English (United States) and Emoji panel now appears when using Win Key + "."
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,161
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       25 Jun 2017 #378

    loquacious said: View Post
    :) Thanks Dencal. Changed to English (United States) and Emoji panel now appears when using Win Key + "."
    Glad that worked for you.......
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,801
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       25 Jun 2017 #379

    loquacious said: View Post
    :) Thanks Dencal. Changed to English (United States) and Emoji panel now appears when using Win Key + "."
    Thanks should go to topcat for the TIP..
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15058 ISO file is also now available for download here (click on link). 842858810314129408 841771427787235329 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC - Windows Experience...
825063872533032960 825065215523971072 825213100613775360 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:31.
Find Us