Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226 for PC Insider

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,925
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       23 Jun 2017 #210

    Yes, precisely Kari.

    Tenforums is nothing if not the synthesis of its collective members and contributors.

    I seem to be the first to propose this disclosure of software distribution folder names for new builds, and geeks like you often mention in the course of your comments, the location and name of the folder, yet everyone who uses the folder for creation of an ISO is in possession of the fact.

    It would be useful for those who are having difficulty finding it, to have the reference in an easily located thread, rather than having to search through several pages of a thread beginning "Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview build..." for a possible (or non-) mention of the name of the download folder for whichever edition/architecture they may be looking for.

    Of course, ideally, Microsoft could produce a friendly name for the download folders, but I, for one, am not holding my breath!

    I don't know about "job done", Kari. Jobs are rarely done properly...

    What about Windows 10 Home for those Insiders who do not have a license for Pro?
    Last edited by Fafhrd; 23 Jun 2017 at 03:27.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    23 Jun 2017 #211

    I just look at date and time stamps if there's more than one.
    This build just plumb refuses to install. I did a clean install on other SSD and when I finish install all SW I'll just clone it to this SSD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    23 Jun 2017 #212

    waltc said: View Post
    Here is the .net 3.5 Reinstallation solution, folks!

    Run msconfig.exe, boot into safe mode with networking, and open Programs and Features, and you know the rest--.net 3.5 will install perfectly, first time. Then reboot normally.

    This is one of those "Gawd, I could have had a V8!" forehead slapping moments! I wish I could say I thought of this--but I got it somewhere else and figured I'd share it. How simple--it's embarrassing...
    Thanks for this ... I have been tearing my hair out trying to get it re-installed .... this method worked flawlessly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Jun 2017 #213

    Just tried the new settings menu method for removing windows.old and it was very simple - check a box and click clean button. It was much quicker than disk cleanup as well. I checked afterwards and it had removed the old system files as well.

    Good change!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    23 Jun 2017 #214

    It just wont install takes an age to down load, does not like to get past 77% then when i reboot at the end it will bring up old desk top no beg your pardon or reason giving up on this one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,709
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17650
       23 Jun 2017 #215

    loquacious said: View Post
    Thanks for this ... I have been tearing my hair out trying to get it re-installed .... this method worked flawlessly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NetFram3_5.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	140743

    - I tried to enable NetFrame3.5 features via Task Manager - got this instead..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    23 Jun 2017 #216

    BugMeister said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NetFram3_5.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	140743

    - I tried to enable NetFrame3.5 features via Task Manager - got this instead..
    Yep exactly what I kept getting until I did it through safe mode using "Add / Remove programs"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,709
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17650
       23 Jun 2017 #217

    what method do you use to get into Safe Mode - I've heard that it is problematic for some..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    23 Jun 2017 #218

    badrobot said: View Post
    Who needs a 16226 ISO? I can share the one I created. Pro version only.
    if you could pm a link i would be grateful.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 4,770
    Win 10 Pro x64
       23 Jun 2017 #219

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    Yes, precisely Kari.

    Tenforums is nothing if not the synthesis of its collective members and contributors.

    I seem to be the first to propose this disclosure of software distribution folder names for new builds, and geeks like you often mention in the course of your comments, the location and name of the folder, yet everyone who uses the folder for creation of an ISO is in possession of the fact.

    It would be useful for those who are having difficulty finding it, to have the reference in an easily located thread, rather than having to search through several pages of a thread beginning "Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview build..." for a possible (or non-) mention of the name of the download folder for whichever edition/architecture they may be looking for.

    Of course, ideally, Microsoft could produce a friendly name for the download folders, but I, for one, am not holding my breath!

    I don't know about "job done", Kari. Jobs are rarely done properly...

    What about Windows 10 Home for those Insiders who do not have a license for Pro?
    Wait, is there a Home version for Insider?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15058 ISO file is also now available for download here (click on link). 842858810314129408 841771427787235329 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC - Windows Experience...
    825063872533032960 825065215523971072 825213100613775360 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc
    UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
    Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:37.
    Find Us