Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Jun 2017 #161
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 820
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?

    After six failed attempts to upgrade from build 16215 and getting the error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available”¯ and trying every conceivable solution then starting over Clean Installing the latest Windows Insider build 16193 released on the windows Insider site and again trying to update to 16226 I was finally successful on that third attempt.

    After creating a Bootable USB and testing it I now have a Clean Install of build 16226 up and running.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Jun 2017 #162
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,704
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by derek10 View Post
    I though the same but it's disabled in BIOS

    I removed that comment because I saw the 10GB was dedicated + shared as shown on the right

    Also what's this probably a bug or some incomplete feature

    Attachment 140675
    That's odd. It's not showing like that for me.

    I've gotta say, I really like this feature.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	140700
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Jun 2017 #163
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,867
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    After update just won't install (every restart brings back previous build xx215), reseted updates and start downloading again.

    .BT folder is more than 15 GB! Most of it in NewOS folder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	140701
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	140702
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Jun 2017 #164
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Mountains of Western NC
    Posts : 295
    Win 10 Pro x64 17040 Skippy

    Install of 16226 went fast and smooth... However, after downloading and trying to install 215 so many times, I had really screwed up my updater and installer and decided to do a clean install prior the 226 attempt. It paid off.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Jun 2017 #165
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,941
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    After update just won't install (every restart brings back previous build xx215), reseted updates and start downloading again.

    .BT folder is more than 15 GB! Most of it in NewOS folder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	140701
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	140702
    Andre....after you clicked restart, did you get the "Configuring Updates", or did it just do like a normal restart and come back to the welcome signin screen. Kinda quick like.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    22 Jun 2017 #166
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,867
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Andre....after you clicked restart, did you get the "Configuring Updates", or did it just do like a normal restart and come back to the welcome signin screen. Kinda quick like.
    Just normal restart. Circuling dots before restart were there a bit longer ...

    And again just restart without installing configuring. This time (after Windows update reset) it was a bit different - Windows was aware, that install went wrong. And started another install

    I'll probably cancel this one and try to make in-place upgrade. (have the ISO now)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    22 Jun 2017 #167
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,941
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Just normal restart. Circuling dots before restart were there a bit longer ...

    And again just restart without installing configuring. This time (after Windows update reset) it was a bit different - Windows was aware, that install went wrong. And started another install

    I'll probably cancel this one and try to make in-place upgrade. (have the ISO now)
    That's what I was getting at. I had the same issue on my second OS in dual boot. I did it thru the ISO, and it was fine. Can't prove it, but I think it has something to do with the recovery partition. When you're done, you'll probably see a new Recovery Partition at the end of the OS of 450-460 MB.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    22 Jun 2017 #168
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,867
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    That's what I was getting at. I had the same issue on my second OS in dual boot. I did it thru the ISO, and it was fine. Can't prove it, but I think it has something to do with the recovery partition. When you're done, you'll probably see a new Recovery Partition at the end of the OS of 450-460 MB.
    One (of 2 GB) is already there. Could it be Macrium?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    22 Jun 2017 #169
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,941
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    One (of 2 GB) is already there. Could it be Macrium?
    Only if you put it there. Macrium puts a hook into the BCDdata to run from your "C:" drive. Did you put Kyhi on a 2GB? What I meant was an update sometimes will create a new recovery at the tail end of your OS partition if the existing one is too small. Doubt that 2GB has anything to do with it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    22 Jun 2017 #170
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,867
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Only if you put it there. Macrium puts a hook into the BCDdata to run from your "C:" drive. Did you put Kyhi on a 2GB? What I meant was an update sometimes will create a new recovery at the tail end of your OS partition if the existing one is too small. Doubt that 2GB has anything to do with it.
    No, it's Windows recovery (empty thou).

    I got bounf of errors on every update attempt. Error 3 is there like 20 times (credential problems) and error 10 - enhanced storage
    Description AuthenticateSession
    Param1 0x1
    Param2 0x60000001c
    Param3 0x900000006
    Param4 0x0
    CmdStatus 0x12
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC
UPDATE: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15058 ISO file is also now available for download here (click on link). 842858810314129408 841771427787235329 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC - Windows Experience...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for PC
825063872533032960 825065215523971072 825213100613775360 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums