1.    13 Jun 2017 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,267
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    OneDrive Files On-Demand now available for Windows Insiders


    Last edited by Brink; 15 Jun 2017 at 16:11.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    13 Jun 2017 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,961
    Windows10

    Still not as good as placeholders, but at least no need to set up onedrive as a network share.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 Jun 2017 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,143
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Still not as good as placeholders, but at least no need to set up onedrive as a network share.
    Sorry, but what makes this not as good as placeholders? Seems like it's the same thing, and maybe a little better because there is more control.

    As an aside, I got this notification today, and i'm quite thrilled I have refused to enable OneDrive folder sync on most of my devices because of lacking this, and now I can do so
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Jun 2017 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,363
    Windows 10 Professional

    OneDrive has a couple more icons as well.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000332.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	139383
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    14 Jun 2017 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,961
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Sorry, but what makes this not as good as placeholders? Seems like it's the same thing, and maybe a little better because there is more control.

    As an aside, I got this notification today, and i'm quite thrilled I have refused to enable OneDrive folder sync on most of my devices because of lacking this, and now I can do so
    It is similar but not the same. With placeholders, you got metadata eg thumbnails of photos on local pc as well. See link below.

    This new method is basically same as setting onedrive up as a network drive which you could do anyway. Still it is easier and slicker than that though.

    Microsoft adds and offline access to SkyDrive in Windows 8.1 | VentureBeat | Cloud | by Sean Ludwig
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 Jun 2017 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Czech Republic
    Posts : 83
    Windows 10 TP x64

    And what do you get with Files on demand in thumbnail view? Not being sarcastic, just asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    It is similar but not the same. With placeholders, you got metadata eg thumbnails of photos on local pc as well. See link below.

    This new method is basically same as setting onedrive up as a network drive which you could do anyway. Still it is easier and slicker than that though.

    Microsoft adds and offline access to SkyDrive in Windows 8.1 | VentureBeat | Cloud | by Sean Ludwig
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Apps & Features Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Fetch Files on your PC in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. The OneDrive Fetch files feature allows you...
Tutorials
Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features
Source: Introducing OneDrive Files On-Demand and other features making it easy to access files - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Solved How to can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive
How to correct my mistake so I can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive I just bought a Windows 10 Pro laptop and do not want to save files to OneDrive. According to this article I should have selected Navigation pane then Show...
Software and Apps
Solved How do I easily sync Onedrive files after Windows 10 upgrade?
I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and now I have a serious problem with Onedrive. All of my save files for programs like Quickbooks are stored on Onedrive. Further, photos and other files that I use for my real estate business are stored on...
General Support
Network & Sharing Add or Remove Windows 10 PCs from OneDrive Fetch Files
How to Add or Remove Windows 10 PCs from OneDrive Fetch Files OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. The OneDrive Fetch files feature allows you to...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums