Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Jun 2017 #421
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,122
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Chnages for WSL


    Install 215 from an ISO (clean install). When I run bash I get the following. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSL.PNG 
Views:	104 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	139069

    So I guess I'll wait until Ubuntu, Fedora etc appear in the store. Guess that will be a couple of months at least but worth waiting for since I have VMs with Ubuntu installed in WSL.

    Next up. Hyper-V.


    BTW there were C++ runtime errors during and after installing this and I did run into a GSOD. If we had polls on this forum I have no doubt that 215 would win worst Preview Build ever.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    11 Jun 2017 #422
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,027
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    BTW there were C++ runtime errors during and after installing this and I did run into a GSOD. If we had polls on this forum I have no doubt that 215 would win worst Preview Build ever.
    Seen those too. And yes, I agree worst IP build ever.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    11 Jun 2017 #423
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,898
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Finally managed to enable Edge in this build.

    Reset app didn't work, reset Windows didn't work, in-place upgrade didn't work... Was just going to do clean install, but tried reset Windows in safe boot (troubleshooter) and looks like Windows are behaving somewhat better... This is practically clean install thou. Lost all of third party apps, just documents and some settings remained.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Jun 2017 #424
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,967
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    Install 215 from an ISO (clean install). When I run bash I get the following. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSL.PNG 
Views:	104 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	139069

    So I guess I'll wait until Ubuntu, Fedora etc appear in the store. Guess that will be a couple of months at least but worth waiting for since I have VMs with Ubuntu installed in WSL.

    Next up. Hyper-V.


    BTW there were C++ runtime errors during and after installing this and I did run into a GSOD. If we had polls on this forum I have no doubt that 215 would win worst Preview Build ever.
    @martyfelker

    Marty, not sure if this pertains to you, but this is from Post #1.



    Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) no longer requires Developer Mode! Previously, you had to enable Developer Mode (Settings -> Update & Security -> For Developers) in order to run Bash & Linux tools on Windows. This restriction has been lifted; you can now run Bash on Windows without developer mode being enabled! More information here

    How to Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

    Known issues for PC


    • Features that are delivered on-demand from Windows Update such as Developer Mode, .NET 3.5, and Speech Packs will not be available for this build. If you are a developer and require Developer Mode please ensure it is enabled BEFORE taking this build.






    Obviously, if you have a clean install, you can't do it before, as they say to.

    Just thought I'd point that out. May apply to you, not sure.

    And the .net 3.5 can't be installed via Programs and Features in this build. You have to use that DISM enable command on your 16215 ISO.


    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

    (sub the mounted letter for "d")

    Deploy .NET Framework 3.5 by using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    11 Jun 2017 #425
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10

    Tried Kari's first solution and it mirrored what happened before. Got to 28% or so then restored to Build 16193. Error message was the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    11 Jun 2017 #426
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by steupz View Post
    Tried Kari's first solution and it mirrored what happened before. Got to 28% or so then restored to Build 16193. Error message was the same.
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Working on it...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Jun 2017 #427
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Working on it...
    No worries; it's about the adventure. Lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Jun 2017 #428
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,122
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Got your post about Bash no longer requiring developer mode a bit late for my physical machine. I am using an image created by Terabyteunlimited Image for Windows created 6/7 to restore (hopefully) the entire disk - ie the BOOTIT partition, Windows Server 2013, Siduction17.1 and Windows 10 Build 16xxx (not sure whether it is 193 or 199). In any event, I will wait until the next build when things may be sorted out. In VMs where Bash Ubuntu had already been installed, it still worked after the 215 upgrade. Otherwise not. As you can see there are no distros in the store now. But thanks for the link!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    11 Jun 2017 #429
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,967
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    Got your post about Bash no longer requiring developer mode a bit late for my physical machine. I am using an image created by Terabyteunlimited Image for Windows created 6/7 to restore (hopefully) the entire disk - ie the BOOTIT partition, Windows Server 2013, Siduction17.1 and Windows 10 Build 16xxx (not sure whether it is 193 or 199). In any event, I will wait until the next build when things may be sorted out. In VMs where Bash Ubuntu had already been installed, it still worked after the 215 upgrade. Otherwise not. As you can see there are no distros in the store now. But thanks for the link!
    Sorry it was late for you. Notes are published by MS and Shawn as soon as they are available, usually right after release is announced. I try to read them first so not to get caught before DL.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    11 Jun 2017 #430
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,122
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Not a problem. If the full disk restore works as I expect I will be back in business and immediately go to the slow ring to prevent the reboot loop. And if one really can install say Fedora in WSL it will be very cool. Also looking towards the Windows Server 2016 insiders.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile
847575696255864833 847208261287682050 846876148277555200 844957996446724097 844006426661933057 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile - Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC
790991162647547904 790962075874922496 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC | Windows Experience Blog PC:
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14361 for PC and Mobile
740589771232137220 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14361 | Windows Experience Blog PC:
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.63
685579851160408064 Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.63 - The latest update is similar to cumulative updates and does not bring any new features. However, the update is expected to bring some bug fixes, as well as some under the hood changes. ...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums