Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
  1.    30 May 2017 #391
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,130
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    What does that mean. Chasing people around for signoff documents?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    30 May 2017 #392
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,130
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    You guys in UKand EU have it great. I was quite excited when the phone company called up and ulpped my speed to 25 down and 5 up while lowering the price a bit. Still not close to your communications packages.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    30 May 2017 #393
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,042
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    What does that mean. Chasing people around for signoff documents?
    Pretty much just what it says. Getting approval (i.e. signoff) from dept. gurus, engineering, lab rats, anybody else that needs to give a ok - Thumbs Up to flight a new build. I don't think it includes anyone at Buildfeed.......
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    30 May 2017 #394
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,980
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by WEKJR View Post
    Kari, I spent 30 years with Digital Equipment Corporation and still miss the VAX and VMS. I hear there are still a number of them around. Brings back fond memories.

    WEK
    Wow - this brings back memories. I remember using vax computers over the UK Janet network which used IP addresses and was a major inspiration to the modern internet. I loved vax/vms - they were so much easier to use than the old IBM 360s iirc.

    Vax Fortran online debuggers were so much slicker than the IBM ones.

    I know this is way off topic but most of the younger generation have no idea what we are talking about - lol.

    However, the computing disciplines we went through gave us a sound basis for analysing issues which is why some of use older f**ts can still knock spots over the "wee bairns" when it come to troubleshooting problems.

    As an aside, who remembers when upstarts starting calling themselves "systems analysts" ie they really knew sfa about computing. Now they are called IT consultants - LOL.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    30 May 2017 #395
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,589
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Pretty much just what it says. Getting approval (i.e. signoff) from dept. gurus, engineering, lab rats, anybody else that needs to give a ok - Thumbs Up to flight a new build. I don't think it includes anyone at Buildfeed.......
    Yeah, and probably some of those needed to give the OK - Thumbs Up are nowhere to be found!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 May 2017 #396
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 1,614
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by magilla View Post
    Wow! Another day with no new build. I'm sad
    Me too. But even though I want a new build, I really didn't expect one today since it's the first day after a holiday weekend. Hopefully tomorrow.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    30 May 2017 #397
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Posts : 148
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 17040.1000 64bit Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Wow - this brings back memories. I remember using vax computers over the UK Janet network which used IP addresses and was a major inspiration to the modern internet. I loved vax/vms - they were so much easier to use than the old IBM 360s iirc.

    Vax Fortran online debuggers were so much slicker than the IBM ones.

    I know this is way off topic but most of the younger generation have no idea what we are talking about - lol.

    However, the computing disciplines we went through gave us a sound basis for analysing issues which is why some of use older f**ts can still knock spots over the "wee bairns" when it come to troubleshooting problems.

    As an aside, who remembers when upstarts starting calling themselves "systems analysts" ie they really knew sfa about computing. Now they are called IT consultants - LOL.
    cereberus, all I can say is:


    WEK
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    31 May 2017 #398
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,462
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Purely out of curiosity......How many Insiders are really interested in using Feedback Hub?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails INSIDER.JPG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    31 May 2017 #399
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,366
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    Purely out of curiosity......How many Insiders are really interested in using Feedback Hub?
    To be honest with ya, I can't be bothered anymore. I'm just an Insider out of curiosity.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    31 May 2017 #400
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,451
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    Purely out of curiosity......How many Insiders are really interested in using Feedback Hub?
    Only to give them a piece of my mind when something goes wrong. Used to send a lot of suggestions in the past but by now they know well what people want and take some action to meet them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile
UPDATE: July 20th 2016 755885634082910208 755160752915218432 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71
694219598275588096 UPDATE: 695366743150100480 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.36
677565244412178432 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.36 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums