Windows 10: New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       18 Jul 2015 #71

    Hmm.....

    Please, have a look at this :

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	24961

    I just checked this menu in the Settings and saw it. I have no idea when the update tried to install and failed!...

    So, what can I do now? Just keep checking again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       18 Jul 2015 #72

    Joanne said: View Post
    Hmm.....

    Please, have a look at this :

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	313 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	24961

    I just checked this menu in the Settings and saw it. I have no idea when the update tried to install and failed!...

    So, what can I do now? Just keep checking again?
    When I had failed installation like this in the past, I was keeping checking. It took one or two times but succeed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 730
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       18 Jul 2015 #73

    These are my downloads

    18th: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074665)

    17th: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)

    I don't remember how to do the Copy Screen thingy
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       18 Jul 2015 #74

    jyusa said: View Post
    When I had failed installation like this in the past, I was keeping checking. It took one or two times but succeed.
    Okay, thanks. I'll keep checking for the next....4 hours! I've dedicated this day to Win 10, lol....

    By the way, what you posted earlier regarding the live tile of the Mail app... I had it set the way you show it. And it still did not work. For example, it was showing me no new e-mail, the live tile that is, and then I was opening the Mail app and I was seeing 4-5 new e-mails.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       18 Jul 2015 #75

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    These are my downloads

    18th: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074665)

    17th: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)

    I don't remember how to do the Copy Screen thingy
    My complete update history for the 10240 build that I have installed like 4 hours ago, is shown in my screenshot above. The fact that I have not received any other updates surely has to do with the fact that I have absolutely no program (software) installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 730
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       18 Jul 2015 #76

    This one puzzles me: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173).

    I had no software installed before that Update.

    It might be something to do with the EN-GB build?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,223
    W10Prox64
       18 Jul 2015 #77

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    These are my downloads

    18th: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074665)

    17th: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)

    I don't remember how to do the Copy Screen thingy
    Search "snippet"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       18 Jul 2015 #78

    Joanne said: View Post
    Okay, thanks. I'll keep checking for the next....4 hours! I've dedicated this day to Win 10, lol....

    By the way, what you posted earlier regarding the live tile of the Mail app... I had it set the way you show it. And it still did not work. For example, it was showing me no new e-mail, the live tile that is, and then I was opening the Mail app and I was seeing 4-5 new e-mails.
    One other thing of my experience on latest few builds: Not all but many of them, Restarts helped to resolved.

    I think the live tile on Mail is having issue, but can't figure out why it works on some and not on others.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 730
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       18 Jul 2015 #79

    simrick said: View Post
    Search "snippet"
    Relative of Clip-it? And Microsoft Bob?


    Edit: I've googled snippet and will give it a whirl.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       18 Jul 2015 #80

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    Relative of Clip-it? And Microsoft Bob?
    What will happen when uploaded attachments saved more than 5? The server will delete the old one first?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Related Threads
624674428807352320 How to Check for New Windows 10 Preview Builds How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 Update Store app: How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10
Hi there I have a decent FAST internet -- but latest update (only a security update) seems to be taking LONGER than the ENTIRE update I did going from 10162 to 10240. 15 mins and STILL only at 6% ??? for a small security update. I know my...
Solved No update to 10240 on build 10162 in Installation and Upgrade
Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I...
Read more: Xbox One to get small update today, preparing for possible Windows 10 integration
592914593917378560 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:39.
Find Us