Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Jul 2015 #61

    Looks like Cortana got one of the updated applied to her because I had to re-enter my name.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 Jul 2015 #62
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 548
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon

    I have finally managed to get the latest build and I've finished with its installation approx. 30 min ago.

    For me this update has not come yet.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	24917

    No worries, I'll keep checking for updates
    I'm looking forward to this update because, since Gabe Aul said that it contains bug fixies the users have reported, I'm curious to see if any of the recent bugs I've encountered have been fixed. I will report here if there's any fixing, so here are them again :

    1) Certain Apps (Program Manager, DDE Server Window) preventing the computer from shutting down / restarting smoothly.
    2) The live tile of the Mail app not updating.
    3) The notifications icon on the Taskbar becoming white indicating new notifications when there aren't any.
    4) The Menus from "Change only the text size" return to size "9" when everything else (in that drop-down list), including them, are set to "12" (for example)
    5) The time format on the Lock Screen does not match the time format set on the desktop, and when on 12h it does not show AM or PM.

    This is all I can recall now - and have observed in my system, in the extend I've searched.

    PS: I think one thing that helped me to finally get 10240 was that I switched off and then back on my router.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 Jul 2015 #63
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    I've gotten the update. Here's what I'm seeing:

    1) I don't seem to be having any problem shutting down or restarting.
    2) The live tile of the Mail app is still not updating in anything close to a timely fashion.
    3) The notification icon seems to be working as designed, only becoming white when there's a new notification.
    4) The 'Change only the text size' feature has been borked since day 1, and still is. The dropdown list doesn't even drop down if you've scaled the display (I set mine to 125%). You can work around this issue with a registry edit, which I've written up here somewhere...
    5) I don't see am/pm on the lock screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I have finally managed to get the latest build and I've finished with its installation approx. 30 min ago.

    For me this update has not come yet.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	24917

    No worries, I'll keep checking for updates
    I'm looking forward to this update because, since Gabe Aul said that it contains bug fixies the users have reported, I'm curious to see if any of the recent bugs I've encountered have been fixed. I will report here if there's any fixing, so here are them again :

    1) Certain Apps (Program Manager, DDE Server Window) preventing the computer from shutting down / restarting smoothly.
    2) The live tile of the Mail app not updating.
    3) The notifications icon on the Taskbar becoming white indicating new notifications when there aren't any.
    4) The Menus from "Change only the text size" return to size "9" when everything else (in that drop-down list), including them, are set to "12" (for example)

    This is all I can recall now - and have observed in my system, in the extend I've searched.

    PS: I think one thing that helped me to finally get 10240 was that I switched off and then back on my router.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 Jul 2015 #64
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 548
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    I've gotten the update. Here's what I'm seeing:

    1) I don't seem to be having any problem shutting down or restarting.
    2) The live tile of the Mail app is still not updating in anything close to a timely fashion.
    3) The notification icon seems to be working as designed, only becoming white when there's a new notification.
    4) The 'Change only the text size' feature has been borked since day 1, and still is. The dropdown list doesn't even drop down if you've scaled the display (I set mine to 125%). You can work around this issue with a registry edit, which I've written up here somewhere...
    5) I don't see am/pm on the lock screen.
    Thank you for your feedback! And I wish more would contribute.

    From what you say I'll risk believing that they have not fixed much... The fact that you don't have these Apps preventing you from shutdown/restarting smoothly[*] might have been resolved after applying some well-known hacks in your Registry, at some point? I am aware of those too, but I still keep my system completely untouched and without absolutely any program installed, because I want to see how it will behave.

    Anyway, let's hope for the best

    PS: I do not understand why they do not fix the Lock Screen time format bug. It must be something simple, isn't it?
    [*]smoothly : like it is not my responsibility since I do not have, for example, Word opened with an unsaved document. So these apps should not appear there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 Jul 2015 #65
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    The only registry tinkering I've done is regarding the font sizes - I didn't do anything that might affect Apps interfering with shutdown or anything like that.

    That is strange about the Lock Screen time format. I never even noticed it, to tell the truth. Maybe MS didn't, either - did you post feedback?

    In any case, I always hope for the best!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Thank you for your feedback! And I wish more would contribute.

    From what you say I'll risk believing that they have not fixed much... The fact that you don't have these Apps preventing you from shutdown/restarting smoothly[*] might have been resolved after applying some well-known hacks in your Registry, at some point? I am aware of those too, but I still keep my system completely untouched and without absolutely any program installed, because I want to see how it will behave.

    Anyway, let's hope for the best

    PS: I do not understand why they do not fix the Lock Screen time format bug. It must be something simple, isn't it?[*]smoothly : like it is not my responsibility since I do not have, for example, Word opened with an unsaved document. So these apps should not appear there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Jul 2015 #66
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 548
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    The only registry tinkering I've done is regarding the font sizes - I didn't do anything that might affect Apps interfering with shutdown or anything like that.

    That is strange about the Lock Screen time format. I never even noticed it, to tell the truth. Maybe MS didn't, either - did you post feedback?

    In any case, I always hope for the best!
    Yes, I always send Feedback after searching on-line a bit about the issue I face, because there can be a fix for it.

    I noticed the difference in the time format between my desktop and my Lock screen right away because I always use a 24h time format on my system.

    I'm still waiting for this update... It is a bit inconvenient because I have not installed any programs, neither have I applied any changes to the OS, not even the Zoom of 125% I always use. I hope it will arrive until later tonight - so after max 5 hours.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Jul 2015 #67
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    MS will fix even more before the 29th.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    18 Jul 2015 #68
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 713
    Windows 10 Build 14267

    Certainly on 29th M$ will release ISOs containing all the updates until there
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    18 Jul 2015 #69
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 777
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17046

    "2) The live tile of the Mail app is still not updating in anything close to a timely fashion."

    All my 3 machines worked since upgraded to 10240. Does it relate to Mail>Settings>Options-Notifications?

    Attachment 24959
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    18 Jul 2015 #70
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    "2) The live tile of the Mail app is still not updating in anything close to a timely fashion."

    All my 3 machines worked since upgraded to 10240. Does it relate to Mail>Settings>Options-Notifications?

    Attachment 24959
    Maybe, though I don't know why those settings should affect the live tile. I had 'show in action center' on - the two boxes were unchecked, and I've now checked them to see if that changes anything.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Required Update for Windows 10 build 10240 Store Experience
624674428807352320 How to Check for New Windows 10 Preview Builds How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 Update Store app: How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
10240 latest update - longer to download than ENTIRE update from 10162
Hi there I have a decent FAST internet -- but latest update (only a security update) seems to be taking LONGER than the ENTIRE update I did going from 10162 to 10240. 15 mins and STILL only at 6% ??? for a small security update. I know my...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved No update to 10240 on build 10162
Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I...
Installation and Upgrade
Xbox Xbox One to get small update today, preparing Windows 10 integration?
Read more: Xbox One to get small update today, preparing for possible Windows 10 integration
Windows 10 News
Windows Update KB3055415 released today for Windows 10 build 10061
592914593917378560 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums