Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1.    12 May 2017 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,248
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040

    Ransomware attacks reported on Windows machines internationally


    Last edited by Brink; 13 May 2017 at 22:48.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    12 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 11,010
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Update: BBC is reporting that similar attacks are being reported in the UK, US, China, Russia, Spain, Italy, Vietnam, Taiwan today.

    Heart surgery cancelled:
    NHS cyber attack: 'My heart surgery was cancelled' - BBC News

    ===================================================
    And there's a new nasty being distributed by email attachment too...

    New Ransomware 'Jaff' Spotted; Malware Groups Pushing 5M Emails Per Hour To Circulate It - Slashdot
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,866
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    This still makes the news? IT guys know about it and they know how to easily prevent it, but since those infected organisations lack money and thus a proper IT support, this will keep happening, until they realize, how important is IT and that infected computers will result in a bigger profit loss, not to mention reputation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 May 2017 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,867
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.64

    Unfortunately some companies still think its cheaper to pay the ransom than set up proper IT and security support.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    12 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 257
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    This still makes the news? IT guys know about it and they know how to easily prevent it, but since those infected organisations lack money and thus a proper IT support, this will keep happening, until they realize, how important is IT and that infected computers will result in a bigger profit loss, not to mention reputation.
    Well considering a patch for it was just released this week..


    Err, March?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,866
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    Well considering a patch for it was just released this week.
    Ransomware can be prevented by other means, not by relying on the obsolete security software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 257
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    Ransomware can be prevented by other means, not by relying on the obsolete security software.
    Oh sure it can, but it can still be a painful process in trying to keep ahead of every attack.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,866
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    Oh sure it can, but it can still be a painful process in trying to keep ahead of every attack.
    You setup and forget about it, it is really easy, it starts with a limited user account, group policies and etc.
    Even if you would not update it for years, it would be safer than any other fully updated system with AVs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    12 May 2017 #9
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 257
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    You setup and forget about it, it is really easy, it starts with a limited user account, group policies and etc.
    And when people demand more rights than just read access? Who want full control of everything on their exposed machine? Who out rank you and you can't say no to?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 May 2017 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,866
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
    And when people demand more rights than just read access? Who want full control of everything on their exposed machine? Who out rank you and you can't say no to?
    Yea, many people complain, that they can no watch porn or play games on company computers, life sucks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Today's leading causes of DDoS attacks
Read more: Today's leading causes of DDoS attacks | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Windows 10: protection against recent Depriz malware attacks
Source: Windows 10: protection, detection, and response against recent Depriz malware attacks Microsoft Malware Protection Center
Windows 10 News
Multi-Vector DDoS Attacks Are Becoming the Norm
Multi-Vector DDoS Attacks Are Becoming the Norm 47% of all multi-vector DDoS attacks were launched in Q4 '15 72430 Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/multi-vector-ddos-attacks-are-becoming-the-norm-502416.shtml
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums