Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16193 PC and 15213 Mobile Insider

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 32,309
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18242
    Thread Starter
       16 May 2017 #150

    Update:

    LOTS of feedback pouring in from #WindowsInsiders & our team for the #WinBugBash. No new builds today.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    16 May 2017 #151

    Kari said: View Post
    Why decimals? Officially they are already using quite logical naming policy, next feature upgrades will be version 1709, version 1803, version 1809 and so on.



    Half serious, half joking:



    Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 is The Last Windows and that in the future feature upgrades will be published twice a year in March and September. Decimals would end quite soon; original release had been 10.0, November Update 10.1, Anniversary Update 10.2, Creators Update 10.3, coming so called Fall Update in September 10.4, meaning 10.9 would be version 2003 (March 2020) in less than three years from now, forcing them to go to Windows 11 in September 2020.

    Just being curious. Why would they have to stop at 10.9? Couldn't they just continue with 10.10 and up?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,813
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 May 2017 #152

    Winuser said: View Post
    Just being curious. Why would they have to stop at 10.9? Couldn't they just continue with 10.10 and up?
    What?

    In decimal system, as well as in software / OS versioning, isn't 10.1 and 10.10 the the same? Ten and one tenth. Maybe if they had started from 10.00 and continued with 10.01, 10.02 and sow on they had covered versioning for 50 years,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 May 2017 #153

    magilla said: View Post
    WaltC, My Radeon RX480 8GB has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and looks like it does with Win 10 Release. Sorry you have problems. Is your driver from AMD or WU?
    How about when you fire up a game? As I said, the *desktop* works correctly and I can switch the desktop to any VSR--as in my screen shot. It's only that inside a game--when I use the *game options* to switch resolutions just for the game--those resolutions now longer show up as available in my games--and they used to just a couple of builds back.

    I only use AMD-direct drivers, in this case the 17.5.1's and all of the 17.4.x drivers--I even went back to the 17.3.x. Crimsons to try those--no go--I had to use the "Disable Windows Driver Signing" for the the 17.3.x drivers, as those had a signature problem with Win10 when they were current--so I've put quite some time into testing here. BTW, Windows drivers come from AMD, too--not from Microsoft--AMD used to send them to Microsoft for inclusion into new builds. I don't know if they still do as I haven't seen a case of Windows installing the wrong driver for my GPU in many months, thankfully... I'm aware that other folks, especially with laptops, are having a driver problem with Windows 10 installing a older driver over a newer one, etc.

    VSR isn't critical, of course. It's simply a different method of supersampling FSAA, but it's a nice method that I have grown fond of and would like it to work *correctly* (meaning "at all")--I'm sure it will once AMD & Microsoft get to the bottom of it...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 May 2017 #154

    dencal said: View Post
    Anyone else having problem opening Feedback Hub?
    Whenever I get that particular warning I've found that the best thing to do is to simply leave Feedback on in the background and go do something else for 10-20 minutes, come back, and try loading Feedback from inside the running application--if you can load the Feedback from others you can then add your own. I've used it recently and found that I always have to wait a while after accessing the site before I can load and then add Feedback, even if I don't get that particular warning. It's something to do with the way their Feedback engine refreshes--as they've mentioned in the known-issues stack (used to be mentioned almost every build in the beginning, but I haven't seen it in known issues lately, even though I still have to wait a while.)

    EDIT: I'm wrong...the site is definitely down! Lol... I just made some Feedback yesterday! Haven't seen this one before...!
    Last edited by waltc; 16 May 2017 at 14:31.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    16 May 2017 #155

    Kari said: View Post
    What?

    In decimal system, as well as in software / OS versioning, isn't 10.1 and 10.10 the the same? Ten and one tenth. Maybe if they had started from 10.00 and continued with 10.01, 10.02 and sow on they had covered versioning for 50 years,
    Lol... Yes, I'm certain that Microsoft would have no problem with Windows 10, stepping 11.0, version 1808, build 1001, etc, and etc, ad infinitum!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,226
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       16 May 2017 #156

    Kari said: View Post
    What?

    In decimal system, as well as in software / OS versioning, isn't 10.1 and 10.10 the the same? Ten and one tenth. Maybe if they had started from 10.00 and continued with 10.01, 10.02 and sow on they had covered versioning for 50 years,

    Come on Kari don't get me going on that one again as I was proved correct last time. Yes in maths 10.1 and 10.10 are the same but not in software versions. Maths 10.10 is ten point one 0, software it's ten dot ten.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,813
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 May 2017 #157

    DooGie said: View Post
    Come on Kari don't get me going on that one again as I was proved correct last time. Yes in maths 10.1 and 10.10 are the same but not in software versions. Maths 10.10 is ten point one 0, software it's ten dot ten.
    Having not a faintest clue when or why you have been proven correct last time and what are you referring to, here's a simple request:

    Please provide a version history link to any application showing that for instance version 10.10 is later / newer version than version 10.9, or for instance that version 2.30 is later / newer than version 2.5.

    Thank you in advance.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,226
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       16 May 2017 #158

    Got to concede Kari. I've searched this forum for the thread I had in mind but can't find it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 1,868
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       16 May 2017 #159

    waltc said: View Post
    How about when you fire up a game? As I said, the *desktop* works correctly and I can switch the desktop to any VSR--as in my screen shot. It's only that inside a game--when I use the *game options* to switch resolutions just for the game--those resolutions now longer show up as available in my games--and they used to just a couple of builds back.

    I only use AMD-direct drivers, in this case the 17.5.1's and all of the 17.4.x drivers--I even went back to the 17.3.x. Crimsons to try those--no go--I had to use the "Disable Windows Driver Signing" for the the 17.3.x drivers, as those had a signature problem with Win10 when they were current--so I've put quite some time into testing here. BTW, Windows drivers come from AMD, too--not from Microsoft--AMD used to send them to Microsoft for inclusion into new builds. I don't know if they still do as I haven't seen a case of Windows installing the wrong driver for my GPU in many months, thankfully... I'm aware that other folks, especially with laptops, are having a driver problem with Windows 10 installing a older driver over a newer one, etc.

    VSR isn't critical, of course. It's simply a different method of supersampling FSAA, but it's a nice method that I have grown fond of and would like it to work *correctly* (meaning "at all")--I'm sure it will once AMD & Microsoft get to the bottom of it...
    @waltc - I am not much of a game player, so they only game I have is MS Solitaire. I played it with full screen, checking my resolution and it is the same. The game mode is on, also. Sorry I don't have more games to play to check further. Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Related Threads
856554120194306048 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15207 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
725082490369536001 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
713410513128939520 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 Windows Update - Check for and Install in...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:54.
Find Us