Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.    13 May 2017 #91
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,704
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Anyone else having this issue: When searching any app (UWP & Win32) in Cortana, right click does not work. I wanted to write an XML file now which should be saved in Windows\System32 folder meaning I need to open Notepad elevated to be able to save directly to system folder without first saving it in user folders and then copy pasting it to final destination.

    But, nothing happens when right clicking anything in Cortana search results. CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER does not work either (it should open selected item elevated).

    Attachment 134830

    Is this just me or do any of you have the same issue?
    Works fine here as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    13 May 2017 #92
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,971
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Works fine here as well.
    Getting even weirder! How on earth can I have this same issue on two machines with totally different hardware?

    It can't be a user account issue, on tablet I'm signing in with a Microsoft account, on laptop with an Azure AD account. Tablet not sysprepped, standard clean install of 15063 in-place upgraded to 16193, laptop clean install of 16188, sysprepped relocating Users folder to another drive, in-place upgraded to 16193. Tablet has Atom processor, laptop i5.

    Nothing in common. Yet the same issue, and apparently no one else has the same issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 May 2017 #93
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,946
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Anyone else having this issue: When searching any app (UWP & Win32) in Cortana, right click does not work. I wanted to write an XML file now which should be saved in Windows\System32 folder meaning I need to open Notepad elevated to be able to save directly to system folder without first saving it in user folders and then copy pasting it to final destination.

    But, nothing happens when right clicking anything in Cortana search results. CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER does not work either (it should open selected item elevated).

    Attachment 134830

    Is this just me or do any of you have the same issue?
    Another one with working right click... EN-US version upgraded from bunch of previous...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	134858
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 May 2017 #94
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,946
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Getting even weirder! How on earth can I have this same issue on two machines with totally different hardware?

    It can't be a user account issue, on tablet I'm signing in with a Microsoft account, on laptop with an Azure AD account. Tablet not sysprepped, standard clean install of 15063 in-place upgraded to 16193, laptop clean install of 16188, sysprepped relocating Users folder to another drive, in-place upgraded to 16193. Tablet has Atom processor, laptop i5.

    Nothing in common. Yet the same issue, and apparently no one else has the same issue.

    Both system are in-place upgraded. Were you using the same ISO? Made by UUP2ISO? Could there be a problem we're not aware of?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    13 May 2017 #95
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,971
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Both system are in-place upgraded. Were you using the same ISO? Made by UUP2ISO? Could there be a problem we're not aware of?
    Both tablet and laptop in-place upgraded by Windows Update, not an ISO. Even if I had used an ISO I could not use the same one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Strange. I have this issue on two totally different devices, both W10 PRO EN-GB, a laptop (x64) and a tablet (x32).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    13 May 2017 #96
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,946
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Both tablet and laptop in-place upgraded by Windows Update, not an ISO. Even if I had used an ISO I could not use the same one:
    Any tweak could mess with permissions? (Sorry, I have no idea, just guessing what could cause this anomaly)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 May 2017 #97
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,971
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Any tweak could mess with permissions? (Sorry, I have no idea, just guessing what could cause this anomaly)
    I find Windows totally satisfactory as it is. I do not use nor have I never used (since 10+ years ago with Windows XP) any tweakers, optimizers, cleaners and such as they are all to put it simple just snake oil, completely totally absolutely most profoundly unnecessary. I have no reason to manually change any registry values and settings.

    Tablet is a clean install of version 1703, directly in-place upgraded to build 16193 through Windows Update. No additional software installed, I have it connected to a big screen TV and only use it for streaming TV from my native Finland. Although my Finnish IPTV subscription allows me to install an app for it, I am completely happy with their browser UI which gives me 1080 HD stream. Literally it's not used for anything else, now when I tested this Cortana right click thing was first time I have ever used it for anything else than streaming TV.

    Laptop of course has a lot of software installed but other than that, no tweaks, nothing. Only "tweak" if you can call it that is that Users folder is relocated to another drive than C: with Sysprep to save space on system drive and separate user data from OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 May 2017 #98
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 385
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17040.1000, 16299.64

    In my case the right click does not work either, my OS is in Spanish:
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 May 2017 #99
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,971
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LEOPEVA64 View Post
    In my case the right click does not work either, my OS is in Spanish:
    Thanks for confirmation, good to know it's not just me. I was already thinking to call a voodoo witch whom I know remotely to come and get the evil PC spirits out from my machines
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 May 2017 #100
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,971
    Windows 10 Pro

    For you clean installing geeks, here's how to speed up installation reducing time needed by 20 to 50+ percent (depending on hardware):

      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15207 for Mobile
856554120194306048 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15207 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile
725082490369536001 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile
713410513128939520 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 Windows Update - Check for and Install in...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums