Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       27 Jul 2015 #141

    Is there the equivalent of an ISO image for a bootable USB drive that you could back up to a hard disk?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,895
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       27 Jul 2015 #142

    Antilope said: View Post
    Is there the equivalent of an ISO image for a bootable USB drive that you could back up to a hard disk?
    Why not just burn to both, that's what I'm gonna do. A back up is a back up, even thought I'll probably only us it once, and the rest of the time image/reimage.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       27 Jul 2015 #143

    Antilope said: View Post
    Is there the equivalent of an ISO image for a bootable USB drive that you could back up to a hard disk?
    Rufus may be able to make a backup image of a thumb drive. I've only ever used it once or twice, and not recently. I know you can do it for SD cards. I have a utility that will do it for SD cards. It's what I use to image my Micro SD cards for my raspberry Pi. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ I back up what's on my Pi's Micro SD card if I've installed extra packages to Raspbian.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       28 Jul 2015 #144

    The Windows 10 - 3.2 gb upgrade would fit on 2,223 - 1.44-mb floppy discs.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 700
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       28 Jul 2015 #145

    Antilope said: View Post
    The Windows 10 - 3.2 gb upgrade would fit on 2,223 - 1.44-mb floppy discs.
    2,222 with compression.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 68
    Windows 10 x64
       28 Jul 2015 #146

    The issue with flash drives is reliability. DVD are slower, but not that much, Windows 10 installs really fast.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 700
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       28 Jul 2015 #147

    kensiko said: View Post
    The issue with flash drives is reliability. DVD are slower, but not that much, Windows 10 installs really fast.
    True. I hate it when a usb stick goes DWW(dead without warning.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,895
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       28 Jul 2015 #148

    MilesAhead said: View Post
    True. I hate it when a usb stick goes DWW(dead without warning.)
    True, at least a DVD dies with a loud SNAP!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brokendisk.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	26319
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       28 Jul 2015 #149

    Cliff S said: View Post
    True, at least a DVD dies with a loud SNAP!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brokendisk.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	26319
    I once had a dvd shatter while being read in a dvd drive. It's a noise you can't ignore. Needed a new dvd drive after that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,895
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       28 Jul 2015 #150

    Antilope said: View Post
    I once had a dvd shatter while being read in a dvd drive. It's a noise you can't ignore. Needed a new dvd drive after that.
    Okaaaay.... Just imagining the noise gave me goose bumps up my spine. Thanks. Now I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Could Kill Patch Tuesday Once and for All
Source
Windows 10 News
Today's MS Updates kill apps
WUP, KB3038930, KB3040021, KB3021952 and one AMD Radeon HD 5450 installed today. Daum PotPlayer for playing videos, etc., Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 and AudioDirector 5 fail to open now.
Windows Updates and Activation
Finally installed Windows 10...
So I FINALLY got around to installing the Windows 10 build 9926 onto my main system, as the VM of it would not allow me to sign into my Microsoft Account whatsoever. Wow. It's not the "whoa" I once had about three years ago with the Windows 8...
General Support
Surface Microsoft Could Kill the Entire Surface Tablet Lineup...
The rest
Windows 10 News
Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums