Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 PC and 15210 Mobile Insider

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #80

    wen said:
    You are one of the very few Blessed ones. Cherish this !!
    I too must be blessed, perhaps you should try sorting out the problem another way.
    Do read Kari post #55.....this might give a hint.
    Myself I use Windows Mail where I have multiple e-mail accounts including Outlook....all together in one place.
      My Computers


  2. wen
    Posts : 273
    WINDOWS 10 PRO INSIDER PREVIEW
       #81

    I tried five times to complete this entire Update process. Every time, it was about 99% complete, Windows (Logo) main screen pops up and on bottom it said (every time) it said "Reverting Back To Your Old Version" and sure enough, Build 16179 appeared in perfect cond.

    Then I am reading this entire thread and find out Outlook 2016 still crashes.

    This Build 16188, just as previous 16184 are PURE JUNK. My Build 16179 is rock solid, no problems what soever. I quickly changed to SLOW to insure no more attempts of 16188 would happen.
      My Computer


  3. wen
    Posts : 273
    WINDOWS 10 PRO INSIDER PREVIEW
       #82

    dencal said:
    I too must be blessed, perhaps you should try sorting out the problem another way.
    Do read Kari post #55.....this might give a hint.
    Myself I use Windows Mail where I have multiple e-mail accounts including Outlook....all together in one place.
    Sure I read it.........Read ALL Posts here.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #83

    wen said:
    Sure I read it.........Read ALL Posts here.
    I feel your pain and sympathise, as someone who has managed to update install every flight since the W10 Insider program began there must be something I am doing right.

    After each update I do a System Restore, then a Disk Cleanup which includes the last version which can cause conflicts.....that's it.
      My Computers


  5. wen
    Posts : 273
    WINDOWS 10 PRO INSIDER PREVIEW
       #84

    Thanks dencal,

    I MUST try your advice. I truly want to be one of the Blessed ones.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #85

    I am on the "Failure" list as well but OK with the build 16179 and gone to slow lane:)
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 26,957
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #86

    dencal said:
    I feel your pain and sympathise, as someone who has managed to update install every flight since the W10 Insider program began there must be something I am doing right.

    After each update I do a System Restore, then a Disk Cleanup which includes the last version which can cause conflicts.....that's it.
    only not from early beginnings of Insider, joined about half a year before RTM... only have problems couple of times.

    wen said:
    Thanks dencal,

    I MUST try your advice. I truly want to be one of the Blessed ones.
    brummyfan said:
    I am on the "Failure" list as well but OK with the build 16179 and gone to slow lane:)
    Once the upgrade goes bad, system reset or clean install is right choice IMO. That errors could accumulate after a lot of upgrades.

    Happened twice to me, once I tried reset (more than a year ago) and second time clean install with ISO from slow ring or last good ISO from update (can't remember...).
      My Computers


  8. wen
    Posts : 273
    WINDOWS 10 PRO INSIDER PREVIEW
       #87

    brummyfan said:
    I am on the "Failure" list as well but OK with the build 16179 and gone to slow lane:)
    Once upon a time, these Insider Builds (FAST) downloaded and installed perfectly, sure a bug or two, but nothing like with the past two, that is if you can get ANY of the last two to install 100%, and not revert back to your previous build !!

    And this Outlook 2016 fiasco is quite the disaster for many of us Insiders.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #88

    AndreTen said:
    only not from early beginnings of Insider, joined about half a year before RTM... only have problems couple of times.





    Once the upgrade goes bad, system reset or clean install is right choice IMO. That errors could accumulate after a lot of upgrades.

    Happened twice to me, once I tried reset (more than a year ago) and second time clean install with ISO from slow ring or last good ISO from update (can't remember...).
    I have tried 3 different previous images and all of them failed, I have succeeded in the past with this method but not with these last two builds, I haven't tried a clean install as there's nothing exciting for me in this build and give it a miss.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #89

    martyfelker said:
    You probably have done this already but if you have two Windows OS, even with separate partitions, it is safest to make sure neither Windows is aware of the other. Do this using Disk Management and remove the drive letters from the foreign OS. Say Insider is on the first partition and 1703 on the second. Then you don't want to see a D: drive from either. This doesn't explain the problem with your graphics cards however.
    I really don't understand what you're talking about, Marty, but I've never had any conflicts between my Insider partition and my RTM partition. So far, too, graphics is fine.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums