Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 PC and 15210 Mobile Insider

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1.    10 May 2017 #210

    I have two pcs that I test insider builds on.
    The first one got 16188 just fine, but settings app is crashing.
    The second one is still on 16184, and Windows Update says (translated): "An update is being prepared for this device, but it is not ready yet. We'll keep trying, or you can try again later". I have tried to delete the content of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution...

    Any inputs on making the two *******s play nicely?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 May 2017 #211

    woodyard said: View Post
    I have two pcs that I test insider builds on.
    The first one got 16188 just fine, but settings app is crashing.
    The second one is still on 16184, and Windows Update says (translated): "An update is being prepared for this device, but it is not ready yet. We'll keep trying, or you can try again later". I have tried to delete the content of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution...

    Any inputs on making the two *******s play nicely?
    Clean install was my solution( suggested by AndreTen) for the successful upgrade, post 166.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,364
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17643/Windows Server IP Build 17623/Debian Unstable Ker
       10 May 2017 #212

    My guess as to the next build to be released this week. Could be tomorrow but more likely on Friday. Second compile of 16193.

    10.0.16193.1001 (rs_prerelease.170507-1300)

      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 19,460
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       10 May 2017 #213

    martyfelker said: View Post
    My guess as to the next build to be released this week. Could be tomorrow but more likely on Friday. Second compile of 16193.

    10.0.16193.1001 (rs_prerelease.170507-1300)
    Ah! I wondered why they were telling me that same number again.

    I'm thinking tomorrow, because Dona said no new Build Mon, Tue, or Wed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,483
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 May 2017 #214

    Wynona said: View Post
    Ah! I wondered why they were telling me that same number again.

    I'm thinking tomorrow, because Dona said no new Build Mon, Tue, or Wed.
    I hope Thursday! I just added another computer to Insider. So now, two desktops and one laptop. Am in process of setting it up for a new build on the Thursday!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 19,460
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       10 May 2017 #215

    magilla said: View Post
    I hope Thursday! I just added another computer to Insider. So now, two desktops and one laptop. Am in process of setting it up for a new build on the Thursday!
    Nice, Magilla. I still have only one desktop and one laptop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,483
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 May 2017 #216

    Wynona said: View Post
    Nice, Magilla. I still have only one desktop and one laptop.
    My only problem is that I installed the insider build and updated it to current. But, My boot menu is not present, so I can't select one or the other drives to boot. Don't understand - but this is UEFI computer so I think that may be the issue. I am not familiar with UEFI so I am going to have to get someone to help me. It keeps booting to the Windows Creators drive and doesn't give me a menu to select an alternate system/drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 19,460
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       10 May 2017 #217

    magilla said: View Post
    My only problem is that I installed the insider build and updated it to current. But, My boot menu is not present, so I can't select one or the other drives to boot. Don't understand - but this is UEFI computer so I think that may be the issue. I am not familiar with UEFI so I am going to have to get someone to help me. It keeps booting to the Windows Creators drive and doesn't give me a menu to select an alternate system/drive.
    See if this will help, Magilla.

    Choose Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    I think this is the one that helped me get out of your situation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,483
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 May 2017 #218

    Wynona said: View Post
    See if this will help, Magilla.

    Choose Default Operating System to Run at Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    I think this is the one that helped me get out of your situation.
    But I don't have a menu. And msconfig only lists one system. Never had this problem with legacy bios
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 19,460
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       10 May 2017 #219

    magilla said: View Post
    But I don't have a menu. And msconfig only lists one system. Never had this problem with legacy bios
    There are so many ways to get things going in Windows 10, that I guess I'm flummoxed, Magilla. Have you tried any of the four options?

    If you have, then I guess your best bet would be a clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
    751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
    723527224192692229 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34.
    Find Us