Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16184 PC and 15208 Mobile Insider

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,984
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #190

    tracit99 said:
    Known issues for PC

    • ADDED: PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery will not work on this build.
    • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available.”¯ in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
    agree. @HippsieGypsie other solution is to get ISO from somebody.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #191

    tracit99 said:
    Known issues for PC

    • ADDED: PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery will not work on this build.
    • Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available.”¯ in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
    Thank you, tracit99! I'll try it.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #192

    AndreTen said:
    agree. @HippsieGypsie other solution is to get ISO from somebody.
    Thanks, Andre. I'll try the Registry entry delete first.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 573
    Windows 10 Pro 19043.1081
       #193

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Thank you, tracit99! I'll try it.
    You are welcome. I had this issue with the last two IP updates and the registry fix worked for me.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #194

    tracit99 said:
    You are welcome. I had this issue with the last two IP updates and the registry fix worked for me.
    Thanks again. That seems to be doing it.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
       #195

    Even more strange about the People Bar (My People)


    After installing Build 16184 and trying out the new People Bar, I was upset that I could only get one pinned contact to show up my Taskbar. The only way I could get a second person to show up was to unpin the first. Then a few hours later the one and only person on the Taskbar vanished.

    Instead of appearing on the Taskbar, anyone I "pin" now shows up at the top of the pop-up People list instead. However, Windows still thinks they are pinned to the Taskbar because right-clicking on the contact provides the option to "Unpin from Taskbar." Also, I get the same functionality when I click on a contact that I did when they actually did show up in the Taskbar, including (again) the option to "Unpin from Taskbar." Take a look:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16184 PC and 15208 Mobile-screenshot-49-.pngAnnouncing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16184 PC and 15208 Mobile-screenshot-50-.pngAnnouncing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16184 PC and 15208 Mobile-screenshot-51-.png

    As you can see, there are no contacts on my taskbar to the left of the People icon. And if there were, the limit would be 3. I went ahead and pinned 5 contacts (and could probably do more). I was even able to have one of these mail windows open for each of the 5 at the same time.

    So now I'm thinking this might be better? It may be one more click, but I have easy access to 5 people instead of only 3, and they're not taking up precious real estate on the Taskbar. But why is my PC behaving differently than everyone else's? Could I have received some slightly different code? I'm sure this isn't what Microsoft had in mind, and it remains to be seen how it works out in future builds.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 46,588
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #196

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Thanks, Andre. I'll try the Registry entry delete first.
    If that doesn't work HG try the update troubleshooter. Neither worked for me though
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #197

    kado897 said:
    If that doesn't work HG try the update troubleshooter. Neither worked for me though
    Thanks, Kado, but everything went very well. Everything back in its place and seems to be running fine. :)

    You never did figure yours out, eh?

    Now I'm off to my original mission to make an ISO.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 46,588
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #198

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Thanks, Kado, but everything went very well. Everything back in its place and seems to be running fine. :)

    You never did figure yours out, eh?

    Now I'm off to my original mission to make an ISO.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #199

    I have not noticed a problem with Outlook in a physical or virtual machine.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums