Page 76 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
  1.    21 Jul 2015 #751
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 828
    Windows 10 Pro

    official prove this is official RTM

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...4-1916e70d9b3d
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Jul 2015 #752
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,594
    W10 Insider + Linux

    So, 10240 is RTM, that's good, I made ISO out of ESD like for most other updates.
    One thing I can't clear up:
    I have been insider from the very beginning and used dual boot to test it. On other disk, on same machine I have W8.1. Now, if I want to upgrade 8.1 to legal 10 it appears that I have to sign out of insider program but than I'll loose insider's license for installation on that other disk in dual boot. Or does it go like that and I can have it both ways ? I used same, looooooong time MS account.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    21 Jul 2015 #753
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    intro: Windows Security Center provides services in wide range, and it is a major system service of Windows. I wonder what programs you have can fully replace it?
    Or why he would want to. One of the best things that ever happened to Windows was the development of Security Essentials, which has since been folded back into Windows Defender - excellent virus/malware detection, real-time protection, etc. No more worrying about 3rd party solutions conflicting with this or that, no more large hits on performance. Sure, I run an occasional MBAM scan for grins, but Windows Defender is a very good thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Jul 2015 #754
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 777
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    So, 10240 is RTM, that's good, I made ISO out of ESD like for most other updates.
    One thing I can't clear up:
    I have been insider from the very beginning and used dual boot to test it. On other disk, on same machine I have W8.1. Now, if I want to upgrade 8.1 to legal 10 it appears that I have to sign out of insider program but than I'll loose insider's license for installation on that other disk in dual boot. Or does it go like that and I can have it both ways ? I used same, looooooong time MS account.
    Yeah, I'm having the same concern. I didn't see there is a complete/detail method by how that is going to work?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Jul 2015 #755
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 15
    windows 10 10240

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    intro: Windows Security Center provides services in wide range, and it is a major system service of Windows. I wonder what programs you have can fully replace it?
    I never have anything security related running in the back ground. I like to do everything on demand. Clean as possible and I've never had a virus, malware or spyware on my system. Just personal preference-----Correction, I always have a firewall running lol BTW I use malware antimalware, superantispyware, comodo security essentials and comodo firewall or windows firewall control till comodo comes up with a fully compatible version for windows 10. No foot print since all of these are on demand except of course the firewall
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Jul 2015 #756
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 777
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    I never have anything security related running in the back ground. I like to do everything on demand. Clean as possible and I've never had a virus, malware or spyware on my system. Just personal preference-----Correction, I always have a firewall running lol
    Well... , but fine with your personal preference.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Jul 2015 #757
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Warren, MI
    Posts : 248
    W10 Pro/W7 Pro 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Or why he would want to. One of the best things that ever happened to Windows was the development of Security Essentials, which has since been folded back into Windows Defender - excellent virus/malware detection, real-time protection, etc. No more worrying about 3rd party solutions conflicting with this or that, no more large hits on performance. Sure, I run an occasional MBAM scan for grins, but Windows Defender is a very good thing.
    Windows Defender allowed me to download malware infested software on my W10TP drive whereas on W7 using a third party didn't. Who do you think I trust?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    21 Jul 2015 #758
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    Quote Originally Posted by jyusa View Post
    Yeah, I'm having the same concern. I didn't see there is a complete/detail method by how that is going to work?
    I have a Win7 Home Premium (retail) installation that I dual boot with a Win10 Preview installation. I have tried all kinds of Win 10 installations on that partition, originally updating from an 8.1 Pro (retail) installation, clean installs, you name it.

    Just a few days ago, in preparation for the Big Event, I restored Windows 8.1 (Pro, Retail) to that partition, made sure it was all activated and updated, ran with it for a couple of days just for old time's sake, took a fresh image, and ugraded it to 10240. When the magic moment comes, I'll probably 'stop receiving builds', and I'll have a Windows 10 Pro RTM (for lack of a better term) installation, all gen-u-wine and activated and good, having been originally based on an valid 8.1 installation.

    If I were to upgrade the Win7, it'd only be Windows 10 Home. Though maybe I'll take that upgrade, too, to see what Home is like. After taking an image, of course.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Jul 2015 #759
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    Windows Defender allowed me to download malware infested software on my W10TP drive whereas on W7 using a third party didn't. Who do you think I trust?
    Whatever floats your boat. I've never had a problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Jul 2015 #760
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 777
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Whatever floats your boat. I've never had a problem.
    So to me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Build 10240 not coming through on Build 9926?
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Installation and Upgrade
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade?
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
Installation and Upgrade
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums