Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available

  1.    17 Jul 2015 #591

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Does that mean you can upgrade from a previous OS too or just 10 upgrades?
    I've read people reporting successful upgrades from Windows 7.1 SP1 and 8.1 to Windows 10 build 10240.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 25,570
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       17 Jul 2015 #592

    Thanks, guys.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #593

    MrQueely said: View Post
    I never got a chance to try out Insider Hub, is it worth re-installing?
    Yes you should be using it to provide feedback.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    17 Jul 2015 #594

    Gary said: View Post
    Yes you should be using it to provide feedback.
    Yup, Insider Hub has "quests" (test system features/apps) and allows you to rate your build. You should def submit build feedback, as it will label your build for when MS looks over feedback (they'd probably filter to newest build)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 510
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       17 Jul 2015 #595

    More than 24 hours have pasted since my clean installation of the 10162 build from the official ISO (which I keep in my USB stick). Still no upgrade for me. Any ideas - besides patience? :P


    Note:
    I have already upgraded to 10240 once, right after it became available. I clean-installed however due to a few bugs + new drivers for my system. I am on the fast ring, logged into my MS insider account since yesterday, and my Registry value, on that known key - is TH1. I've restarted win update service and kept checking manually for updates today, for a long time. I only got Defender updates.

    ?

    Thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 73
    Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #596

    STEVAE said: View Post
    sorry, i'm doing ten things at the same time. actually, you can just leave win 10 on the ssd. and there is no need to load a new os on it. after making the macrium copy on the old hdd, just put the ssd back in, and run macrium on your currrent os. then restore the image of the upgraded one from the old hdd. then you are good to go. no need to downgrade.
    This has worked perfectly. Show key shows as OEM shows marker present in Firmware
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Show Key.PNG 
Views:	379 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	24842

    I have restored Build 10162 on SSD from old drive. Only issue now is Windows update does not show build 10240. What can I do? What options do I have now.

    EDIT: After few restarts Build 10240 showed up. I am now downloading it
    Last edited by ronaldo9r9; 17 Jul 2015 at 16:44.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       17 Jul 2015 #597

    ronaldo9r9 said: View Post
    This has worked perfectly. Show key shows as OEM shows marker present in Firmware
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Show Key.PNG 
Views:	379 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	24842

    I have restored Build 10162 on SSD from old drive. Only issue now is Windows update does not show build 10240. What can I do? What options do I have now.
    right now, from what i gather reading about others, the only option you have is to wait for the next build, which should come out in the next week. i would tell you to download the iso, but many have said that they can't get it to complete. so now that you have your system in line to be able to update to the final easily, i wouldn't mess with it. but keep this in mind, i'm not certain why so many are bugging on not being able to get to 10240 anyway, it's very much exactly like 10162 and 66. my advise is to sit back and be patient. you have your system setup now to produce the final release, so you're in good standing. now just wait for the next rtm candidate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 73
    Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #598

    STEVAE said: View Post
    right now, from what i gather reading about others, the only option you have is to wait for the next build, which should come out in the next week. i would tell you to download the iso, but many have said that they can't get it to complete. so now that you have your system in line to be able to update to the final easily, i wouldn't mess with it. but keep this in mind, i'm not certain why so many are bugging on not being able to get to 10240 anyway, it's very much exactly like 10162 and 66. my advise is to sit back and be patient. you have your system setup now to produce the final release, so you're in good standing. now just wait for the next rtm candidate.
    Thank you so much. After few restarts Build 10240 showed up. I am now downloading it . Only issue is Product ID and Installed keys are different from when I compare it to sticker and OEM on Windows 7 System Settings screen where it says activated. Show key however shows as OEM shows marker present in Firmware.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       17 Jul 2015 #599

    ronaldo9r9 said: View Post
    Thank you so much. After few restarts Build 10240 showed up. I am now downloading it . Only issue is Product ID and Installed keys are different from when I compare it to sticker and OEM on Windows 7 System Settings screen where it says activated. Show key however shows as OEM shows marker present in Firmware.
    you shouldn't need to worry about the product key right now. it should automatically activate. just let it download and upgrade naturally, and continue normal use as you were before. then when the end of the month comes around, you will be able to complete everything. glad to hear it all worked out. cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 Jul 2015 #600

    Jackalito said: View Post
    I've read people reporting successful upgrades from Windows 7.1 SP1 and 8.1 to Windows 10 build 10240.
    I did it this morning and it went perfect. Not a single issue and it's working just fine for me right now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade? in Installation and Upgrade
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:03.
Find Us