Page 58 of 238 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #571

    simrick said: View Post
    ...and still no "paste & go" and the Flash is still outdated.
    There is a paste and then you can press enter. Edge has some work left to be done. I doubt that it will be at 100% on the 29th.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       17 Jul 2015 #572

    simrick said: View Post
    ...and still no "paste & go" and the Flash is still outdated.
    And you can't click and hold the 'back' button to go back several pages at once - you have to go back one page at a time. That can be a real PITA sometimes...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #573

    CountMike said: View Post
    I'm afraid Flash may hand around for quite some time, too much stuff is in Flash and all ether has to be converted (doubt that) and new stuff made in HTML5 or whatever.
    Mozilla is working on a Flash replacement called "Shumway" , it probably will be out by the year 2525..LOL HTML5 is available but not every site has it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       17 Jul 2015 #574

    CountMike said: View Post
    I'm afraid Flash may hand around for quite some time, too much stuff is in Flash and all ether has to be converted (doubt that) and new stuff made in HTML5 or whatever.
    you might want to check out these few links:
    http://occupyflash.org/
    http://gizmodo.com/firefox-now-block...ult-1717664482
    http://www.howtogeek.com/222275/how-...Speed=noscript
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/what-is-a...087958879.html

    the movement is already in motion...

    Gary said: View Post
    Mozilla is working on a Flash replacement called "Shumway" , it probably will be out by the year 2525..LOL HTML5 is available but not every site has it.
    i'm not saying it will be completed this month, but the rewrites are already in motion, and it will happen sooner than you might think, and for good reason.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       17 Jul 2015 #575

    Gary said: View Post
    There is a paste and then you can press enter. Edge has some work left to be done. I doubt that it will be at 100% on the 29th.
    sgage said: View Post
    And you can't click and hold the 'back' button to go back several pages at once - you have to go back one page at a time. That can be a real PITA sometimes...
    no its not perfect, but when you consider how llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong ie has been the worst browser ever made, and deficient in everything, edge has evolved pretty quickly, and is already much, much better.

    i don't expect everything to be perfect by the 29th, and anyone who does just isn't being realistic. but considering what every other os has looked like coming out of the gates, and that included osx, this os is heads and shoulds above the rest already.

    Gary, on a side note, in your avatar that looks like the indian from the outlaw josey whales, just wondering what the connection is?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       17 Jul 2015 #576

    STEVAE said: View Post
    no its not perfect, but when you consider how llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong ie has been the worst browser ever made, and deficient in everything, edge has evolved pretty quickly, and is already much, much better.

    i don't expect everything to be perfect by the 29th, and anyone who does just isn't being realistic. but considering what every other os has looked like coming out of the gates, and that included osx, this os is heads and shoulds above the rest already.
    Not talking about 'perfection' - talking about basic functionality. It's not that I don't think Edge has the potential for awesomeness, just that it's hard to really assess it when it's missing so many parts. The rendering engine sure is snappy, though!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       17 Jul 2015 #577

    STEVAE said: View Post
    no its not perfect, but when you consider how llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong ie has been the worst browser ever made, and deficient in everything, edge has evolved pretty quickly, and is already much, much better.

    i don't expect everything to be perfect by the 29th, and anyone who does just isn't being realistic. but considering what every other os has looked like coming out of the gates, and that included osx, this os is heads and shoulds above the rest already.

    Gary, on a side note, in your avatar that looks like the indian from the outlaw josey whales, just wondering what the connection is?
    It is my Tribute to Chief Dan George. That is the Indian from Josey Wales one of my favorite movies. As for Edge it has come a long way but has a long way to go.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    beqa lagoon, fiji
    Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       17 Jul 2015 #578

    sgage said: View Post
    Not talking about 'perfection' - talking about basic functionality. It's not that I don't think Edge has the potential for awesomeness, just that it's hard to really assess it when it's missing so many parts. The rendering engine sure is snappy, though!
    that's what has my attention right now. normally i wouldn't even give m$ browser a nod, let alone actually use it. but edge has potential, and yes, it is really, really fast. i tested it against chrome yesterday, and it was much faster most of the time. so there is hope.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.14936 Build 14936
       17 Jul 2015 #579

    For some reason sites think I am using Chrome 42 when I visit them using Edge.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       17 Jul 2015 #580

    I never got a chance to try out Insider Hub, is it worth re-installing?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Build 10240 not coming through on Build 9926?
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Installation and Setup
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade?
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
Installation and Setup
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums