Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available

  1.    10 Aug 2015 #2231

    magilla said: View Post
    I have done nothing! When I rebooted the computer the color reverted back to normal. It did the color change on my portable computer, also, but rebooting took care of both of them. Really strange.
    That is a strange one?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Aug 2015 #2232

    simrick said: View Post
    You can set your notification of subscribed threads to be "through control panel only" and then just check your User CP when you want to update yourself on a thread. I've done that for the 40-odd threads I subscribe to; works much better than instant notifications and keeps my inbox clear.

    This forum is fairly active, so it's easier to just check my subscriptions once in a while to see if there's anything new.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Aug 2015 #2233

    Wynona said: View Post
    Wow, I never knew all that! I'm glad I didn't because now I can say I earned whatever it is I have as a badge. Or, in the alternative, a whole lot of people felt sorry for me.
    In your case, Wyn, would it be Reputation and Badgers?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 25,422
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       10 Aug 2015 #2234

    magilla said: View Post
    Anyone have problem with icons and taskbar changing color suddenly? My icons and taskbar went from blue (OK) to bright gold (Not OK) and I don't know why or what to do to get it back to 'normal'
    Hi there. Not sure if this relates, but somewhere along the line in some build I configured a setting where it will change one's color theme with what the basic color of the desktop background is. Since I use Bing Desktop where I get a new one every day, my color theme changes likewise. Today it's rusty orange. Very vibrant color. Below is a screenshot of Settings app open to the particular setting with the color and my desktop of the day via dual monitor. There's another setting below the one I boxed that also includes the taskbar and Action Center color. You may want to check that out. Default is off I believe.

    Pay no attention that my copy is not activated. The personalization aspect is blocked. Having problems with activation.

    Hope that helps.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	30356
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 782
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 Aug 2015 #2235

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Hi there. Not sure if this relates, but somewhere along the line in some build I configured a setting where it will change one's color theme with what the basic color of the desktop background is. Since I use Bing Desktop where I get a new one every day, my color theme changes likewise. Today it's rusty orange. Very vibrant color. Below is a screenshot of Settings app open to the particular setting with the color and my desktop of the day via dual monitor. There's another setting below the one I boxed that also includes the taskbar and Action Center color. You may want to check that out. Default is off I believe.

    Pay no attention that my copy is not activated. The personalization aspect is blocked. Having problems with activation.

    Hope that helps.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	30356
    thanks for feedback. This switch is off. In addition, a third computer which has win 10 on it also displayed the gold color. All 3 were corrected by a reboot. Just curious as to cause. Guess we'll never know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       10 Aug 2015 #2236

    magilla said: View Post
    thanks for feedback. This switch is off. In addition, a third computer which has win 10 on it also displayed the gold color. All 3 were corrected by a reboot. Just curious as to cause. Guess we'll never know.
    Magilla, there's a place that syncs all of the displays; can't remember where it is at the mo, since I'm still learning the ins and outs of settings. Anyway I tried to unsync all mine, but don't know yet if I succeeded. Lappy 17 hasn't been turned on for the past two or three days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       10 Aug 2015 #2237

    OK, Magilla, I found it.

    Go to Settings>Accounts>Sync Your Settings

    There, you'll find a lot of stuff to change. Enjoy!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 782
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       11 Aug 2015 #2238

    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, Magilla, I found it.

    Go to Settings>Accounts>Sync Your Settings

    There, you'll find a lot of stuff to change. Enjoy!
    Thanks Wynona. I'll play with these settings and see what happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Aug 2015 #2239

    magilla said: View Post
    Thanks Wynona. I'll play with these settings and see what happens.
    Turn off the one that sync's your theme and your colors and desktop background should stay to what ever you set them too on that PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 782
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       11 Aug 2015 #2240

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Turn off the one that sync's your theme and your colors and desktop background should stay to what ever you set them too on that PC.
    done! thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade? in Installation and Upgrade
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53.
Find Us