Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available

  1.    01 Aug 2015 #1901

    Antilope said: View Post
    Some people should just make their Windows wallpaper a screenshot of BSOD.

    I once made took a screenshot of a friends Windows desktop and made it their wallpaper. They clicked around for a while thinking their computer had frozen up.
    Also a picture of actual desktop and icons hidden, frozen pointer was just hilarious.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    01 Aug 2015 #1902

    CountMike said: View Post
    Also a picture of actual desktop and icons hidden, frozen pointer was just hilarious.
    Was just going to post that one. Eventually most would ctrl alt delete, reboot, wtf? wash rinse repeat. The giggling in the other room would eventually tip them off that something was up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Aug 2015 #1903

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Was just going to post that one. Eventually most would ctrl alt delete, reboot, wtf? wash rinse repeat. The giggling in the other room would eventually tip them off that something was up.
    There was also an Atari screen saver that shoved desktop slowly melting and leaking down, when placed on someone's computer produced some amazingly concerned faces followed by fast plug pulling motion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Aug 2015 #1904

    CountMike said: View Post
    Oh well, China is even worse, they recon there's no legal windows there almost at all and there's many more of them, whole of Serbia has less people than Beijing itself. Commercial and companies are checked and there are very stringent rules to prove legality, have even to produce bill of sale. Nobody checks home use and MS is not too interested either and is also helping a lot, all schools for instance got free windows and so did lower grades students. There's a lot of volume licenses for students and local MS office gave away hundreds of W7 licenses when it came out.
    Don't know now but few years ago Bulgaria supplied something like 70% of bootlegged SW in the world. Than China took over.
    I got my W7 free from local MS office (it's regional MS center in Belgrade, did some work for them ) and upgraded to W8 with that ultra cheap offer at the beginning. Now going to free W10 and will have super legal W10 for 14 bucks I think that upgrade was. There's no way I could afford 200 bucks for windows now, would rather keep Linux.
    Many here took advantage of insider preview and will keep on using it. There may be more of legal windows than I counted on because second hand computers coming from Germany and Austria are sold here or 50% of people could not afford computer at all. 400 Euro is average salary here.
    In some of those areas I dare say you'd be looked at with distrust if you actually had legally activated software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    01 Aug 2015 #1905

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    In some of those areas I dare say you'd be looked at with distrust if you actually had legally activated software.
    I have been looked at with suspicion for being a closet millionaire, if there was IRS here I would be audited for sure.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Aug 2015 #1906

    CountMike said: View Post
    There was also an Atari screen saver that shoved desktop slowly melting and leaking down, when placed on someone's computer produced some amazingly concerned faces followed by fast plug pulling motion.
    There also was an animated BSOD screen saver for Windows. Our IT guy wasn't very pleased when I installed it on a work computer. I think I lost 3 ataboys that day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Aug 2015 #1907

    In ZX81 days, every store was running:
    10 print "Mike"
    20 goto 10.
    Endlessly rolling screen with Mike on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,546
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       01 Aug 2015 #1908

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    There also was an animated BSOD screen saver for Windows. Our IT guy wasn't very pleased when I installed it on a work computer. I think I lost 3 ataboys that day.
    @alphanumeric

    You know where I could get that screen saver? Does it work for both 7 & 10?


    Originally Posted by CountMike

    There was also an Atari screen saver that shoved desktop slowly melting and leaking down, when placed on someone's computer produced some amazingly concerned faces followed by fast plug pulling motion.
    @CountMike


    You know where I could get that screen saver as well? Does it work for both 7 & 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,305
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Aug 2015 #1909

    CountMike said: View Post
    There was also an Atari screen saver that shoved desktop slowly melting and leaking down, when placed on someone's computer produced some amazingly concerned faces followed by fast plug pulling motion.
    There was also a pac-man like creature that ate the screen bit by bit. I got caught by that one a long, long, long time ago.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    01 Aug 2015 #1910

    groze said: View Post
    @alphanumeric

    You know where I could get that screen saver? Does it work for both 7 & 10?


    @CountMike


    You know where I could get that screen saver as well? Does it work for both 7 & 10?
    That was in the days of Windows NT 4. I have no idea what it was called or where to look for it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade? in Installation and Upgrade
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54.
Find Us