Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available

  1.    29 Jul 2015 #1571

    blackroseMD1 said: View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the Xbox app? It keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet. Just did a clean install of 10240.
    No, it's working fine for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Jul 2015 #1572

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    It's installing over the preview, I'm at Installing Windows 10 37% complete.
    I'm on an black Upgrading Windows screen with the circle showing percentage done. To me this seems to indicate that Insider build 10240 was not the RTM? If it was I shouldn't be upgrading?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 73
    Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro
       29 Jul 2015 #1573

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    It's installing over the preview, I'm at Installing Windows 10 37% complete.
    I am doing the same thing on my preview build 10240. I also upgraded from Windows 7 . I made Macrium backup just in case. This should be interesting. Once it upgrades I am doing fresh Install. Still don't understand $Windows BT Folder and $Windows WS doing in C:\. Maybe .iso I created from here Windows 10 has something to do with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       29 Jul 2015 #1574

    To me MS does not has a successful lunch so far. Most of our PCs are holding at "Upgrade to Windows 10 -Failed" today while GWT keep on telling us of the "Validation" or "...almost ready...".

    It's too rush for only the purpose of "Back To School"?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       29 Jul 2015 #1575

    jyusa said: View Post
    To me MS does not has a successful lunch so far. Most of our PCs are holding at "Upgrade to Windows 10 -Failed" today while GWT keep on telling us of the "Validation" or "...almost ready...".

    It's too rush for only the purpose of "Back To School"?
    Has anyone pass through this yet?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jul 2015 #1576

    jyusa said: View Post
    To me MS does not has a successful lunch so far. Most of our PCs are holding at "Upgrade to Windows 10 -Failed" today while GWT keep on telling us of the "Validation" or "...almost ready...".

    It's too rush for only the purpose of "Back To School"?
    I've gave up waiting. I went here instead and just selected upgrade this Pc now. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10. I did my two laptops and main desktop. I didn't time it but it took an hour or so for each PC. I did them all at the same time and just went from PC to PC to click prompts when needed. Setup failed on my laptop but went fine the second time around. They all show activated and no key was asked for. YMMV
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       29 Jul 2015 #1577

    My 10240 Insider Preview has DNS issues. Any suggestion's? Or I will need to clean reinstall it!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,506
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       29 Jul 2015 #1578

    BrownianMotion said: View Post
    No, it's working fine for me.
    Yeah, it finally started working for me. Just took forever.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       29 Jul 2015 #1579

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I've gave up waiting. I went here instead and just selected upgrade this Pc now. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10. I did my two laptops and main desktop. I didn't time it but it took an hour or so for each PC. I did them all at the same time and just went from PC to PC to click prompts when needed. Setup failed on my laptop but went fine the second time around. They all show activated and no key was asked for. YMMV
    Please tell us little more about of you findings on this in next few hours. I may follow you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 793
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       29 Jul 2015 #1580

    ronaldo9r9 said: View Post
    I thought Insiders won't get update because we are already on Build 240. I just download MS Windows 10 tool that created .iso to fresh Install Windows 10. I just checked Windows C:\ Drive I have $Windows BT Folder and $Windows WS (5.79GB). Whats going on here. I don't know what to do. Is this supposed to do anything? Shall I install fresh Windows 10 from ISO I created. I was checking yesterday didn't have that folder at all. I have been insider since build 133.
    Attachment 26618
    I have the same in my Windows 10 Insider folder. But only 'resources' file in the $Windows~BT folder. This is on Desktop; on my portable, the $Windows~BT folder looks 'normal' but nothing has happened with either computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade? in Installation and Upgrade
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240 in Windows Updates and Activation
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:56.
Find Us