Page 153 of 238 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,246
    Windows 10 IoT
       29 Jul 2015 #1521

    Has anybody got any action on Windows 10 build 10240? Any prompts or messages? I got the validating message in Windows 8.1 Pro on my desktop PC. Only just turned my laptop on so nothing on that yet.

    EDIT: laptop now shows almost ready in the GWX App.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #1522

    FuturDreamz said: View Post
    Aka: do a reset? Not a bad idea considering what may have been carried over from older builds or even the prior os.
    Is just doing a reset good enough or should I do a clean install from a new iso.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       29 Jul 2015 #1523

    Richard Shank said: View Post
    So much for the return of Aero Glass to Windows.

    Also this garbage about Edge being blazing fast....
    I guess so when it's not doing anything other than regular browsing.
    Where's the addons? No themeing, no Adblock, no ABILITY to use other browsers app or some crap?

    Who's idea was it to make Windows look like a sterile operating room?
    I may be testing Win 10 as of this minute but there is no way I am giving up 7 and my pimped out Aero Glass and themeing capabilities along with Fire Fox.
    Microsoft has given me ZERO reason to upgrade, sorry.
    You know how irritating it is to open up a folder, position it on one side of your screen then it refuses to retain it's shape and position?
    Any idea when you do that with 30 more folders because that is something I do on a daily basis.
    They took that feature out with Vista and never returned it. Why?
    Microsoft means lack of choice and that's another reason why I will never upgrade even though the price is FREE.
    I agree with you about Edge - it is nowhere near ready for prime time. However, you certainly can install Firefox - that's what I use, and it runs perfectly well.

    I prefer the look and feel of Windows 7 as well, but having used Win10 since the first preview back in October, I can work with it. You don't ever have to deal with most of the Modern UI stuff - just stay in the Desktop. You can even install the free ClassicShell and get a regular old start menu like you're used to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 247
    latest windows insider home build
       29 Jul 2015 #1524

    yep, no matter how much I try to like the Edge browser, its always back to Cyberfox for me too..Edge has a LONG way to go before its ready for prime time
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 994
    Windows 10 Pro,
       29 Jul 2015 #1525

    The ISO didn't work for me. I downloaded the ISO file, created a DVD and then inserted the DVD and the pop up claims that I need a 64 bit version. I was very careful when I downloaded that ISO, I chose English, Home Edition and 64 bit. I am doing it again right now to see if the next ISO file is in anyway different than the first one I downloaded. By the way, the first one is only 2.41 gb, so maybe it is the wrong one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jul 2015 #1526

    wase4711 said: View Post
    yep, no matter how much I try to like the Edge browser, its always back to Cyberfox for me too..Edge has a LONG way to go before its ready for prime time
    Richard Shank said: View Post
    So much for the return of Aero Glass to Windows.

    Also this garbage about Edge being blazing fast....
    I guess so when it's not doing anything other than regular browsing.
    Where's the addons? No themeing, no Adblock, no ABILITY to use other browsers app or some crap?

    Who's idea was it to make Windows look like a sterile operating room?
    I may be testing Win 10 as of this minute but there is no way I am giving up 7 and my pimped out Aero Glass and themeing capabilities along with Fire Fox.
    Microsoft has given me ZERO reason to upgrade, sorry.
    You know how irritating it is to open up a folder, position it on one side of your screen then it refuses to retain it's shape and position?
    Any idea when you do that with 30 more folders because that is something I do on a daily basis.
    They took that feature out with Vista and never returned it. Why?
    Microsoft means lack of choice and that's another reason why I will never upgrade even though the price is FREE.

    You guys realize 10 was pushed ahead of the projected Oct. release date? Some things just didn't make it. They wanted to make the start of school for oem's.

    I'm sure Edge will be ready by the fall update as they stated, along with Skype messaging integration and other things that didn't make it. The same time new 10 hardware like SP4 and flagship 10 phones are to arrive. It's annoying I can't use any of those, but i'm not waiting. I can still use FF. And there are many reasons for me to upgrade. I have ZERO reasons to stay on an outdated os that doesn't offer any touch benefits.

    That was 3 years ago with Windows 8. I've moved on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #1527

    Rocky said: View Post
    The ISO didn't work for me. I downloaded the ISO file, created a DVD and then inserted the DVD and the pop up claims that I need a 64 bit version. I was very careful when I downloaded that ISO, I chose English, Home Edition and 64 bit. I am doing it again right now to see if the next ISO file is in anyway different than the first one I downloaded. By the way, the first one is only 2.41 gb, so maybe it is the wrong one.
    Where did you DL the ISO from?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 994
    Windows 10 Pro,
       29 Jul 2015 #1528

    MrQueely said: View Post
    Where did you DL the ISO from?

    Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 33
    Dual Boot: Win10 & Insider
       29 Jul 2015 #1529

    Been dual booting insider preview and W7 for several months now...don't know what I was expecting today but the persistent bugs such as phantom notifications, blurry text and non-loading of apps (mail & news notably) mean I'll be sticking with trusty W7.
    Know W10 is a work in progress but thought it would have more polish come official release day!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,246
    Windows 10 IoT
       29 Jul 2015 #1530

    Rocky said: View Post
    The ISO didn't work for me. I downloaded the ISO file, created a DVD and then inserted the DVD and the pop up claims that I need a 64 bit version. I was very careful when I downloaded that ISO, I chose English, Home Edition and 64 bit. I am doing it again right now to see if the next ISO file is in anyway different than the first one I downloaded. By the way, the first one is only 2.41 gb, so maybe it is the wrong one.
    Don't confuse the 32 bit versus 64 bit setup file that you run to do the download, with what version you actually download. Two different choices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Build 10240 not coming through on Build 9926?
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Installation and Setup
Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240
For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Windows 10 build 10240 ISO Upgrade?
I have the Windows 10 build 10240 ISO​ on DVD do i need to do a clean install or can i upgrade from Windows 8.1 with the ISO?
Installation and Setup
failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240
first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation
Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates....
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums