Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

  1. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Jul 2015 #61

    Dave44 said: View Post
    RTM is expected today but insiders wont get it to 29th as stated in MS official blogs
    That is what they originally said, yes. However, they recently said they were disabling the ISO installations because they wanted us to test the RTM in upgrade mode heavily... Which would indicate we may get the RTM earlier, or at least an RTM candidate.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,365
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       15 Jul 2015 #62

    Mystere said: View Post
    That is what they originally said, yes. However, they recently said they were disabling the ISO installations because they wanted us to test the RTM in upgrade mode heavily... Which would indicate we may get the RTM earlier, or at least an RTM candidate.
    That makes pure sense. MS wants to test the "To Be" real life ongoing upgrade process. That's impossible without pushing out something to process.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 952
    Windows 8.1, 10
       15 Jul 2015 #63

    Mystere said: View Post
    That is what they originally said, yes. However, they recently said they were disabling the ISO installations because they wanted us to test the RTM in upgrade mode heavily... Which would indicate we may get the RTM earlier, or at least an RTM candidate.
    Yes - and I think it's significant that they switched off all the existing Insider stuff (activation/updates etc.) this week rather than, say, switching all that off on 27th July just before the release date. There must have been a purpose behind doing that...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 600
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Jul 2015 #64

    Mystere said: View Post
    That is what they originally said, yes. However, they recently said they were disabling the ISO installations because they wanted us to test the RTM in upgrade mode heavily... Which would indicate we may get the RTM earlier, or at least an RTM candidate.
    yes hopefully get something later or tomorrow
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,365
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       15 Jul 2015 #65

    Also, probably has no significance whatsoever, but.... yesterday was Patch Tuesday. 7 got KBs. 8 got KBs. Nothing at all, nothing, for 10. Not even MSRT.

    EDIT: When I said nothing , I was referring to KB type updates, not normal defender updates.
    Last edited by f14tomcat; 15 Jul 2015 at 07:18.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Inverness
    Posts : 720
    Win 10
       15 Jul 2015 #66

    I got an update for Windows Defender yesterday, on my Win 10 installation.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       15 Jul 2015 #67

    DavidY said: View Post
    Yes - and I think it's significant that they switched off all the existing Insider stuff (activation/updates etc.) this week rather than, say, switching all that off on 27th July just before the release date. There must have been a purpose behind doing that...
    Might have been done to stop a hoard of last minute sign ups to the insider program and the flood of downloads that would have come with it. Just a guess mind you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       15 Jul 2015 #68

    fireberd said: View Post
    I got an update for Windows Defender yesterday, on my Win 10 installation.
    Yeah, me too. That was all though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,365
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       15 Jul 2015 #69

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Might have been done to stop a hoard of last minute sign ups to the insider program and the flood of downloads that would have come with it. Just a guess mind you.
    From the download link for ISO's.... Home page - Windows Insider Program
    Welcome back, Insider

    Thanks for being part of the program and helping shape Windows 10.

    NOTE: We’re very close to the public release of Windows 10 so we’re not onboarding any new PCs to the Windows Insider Program just now. You can still onboard a supported Windows Phone and please do keep using Windows 10 on any PCs you’ve already set up and sending us great feedback!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       15 Jul 2015 #70

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    From the download link for ISO's.... Home page - Windows Insider Program
    Welcome back, Insider


    Thanks for being part of the program and helping shape Windows 10.


    NOTE: We’re very close to the public release of Windows 10 so we’re not onboarding any new PCs to the Windows Insider Program just now. You can still onboard a supported Windows Phone and please do keep using Windows 10 on any PCs you’ve already set up and sending us great feedback!
    Ah, you can still sign up, you just can't upgrade a PC to the Preview through the Insiders page. Reconfiguring the servers I reckon. I have an ISO but I believe somebody mentioned you can't activate either anymore?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds
Source: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds UPDATE HERE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/7306-upcoming-changes-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-updated-6-22-a.html How to Backup and Restore your Project Spartan...
Windows 10 News
Insider Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]
Here's a new version of this... Source (Mods feel free to move back if you don't think it deserves its own thread - but it's changed significantly from the last one , so I thought having it as post 1 of its own thread would be useful to...
Windows 10 News
Insider How Windows Insider Feedback Influences Windows 10 Development
Source: How Windows Insider Feedback Influences Windows 10 Development How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 How to Change Windows 10 Feedback Frequency How to Change Windows 10 Feedback Options
Windows 10 News
How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10?
Microsoft say that Windows 10 will be the final version of Windows. Whether that's true or not, it certainly won't be the end of new features being needed, wanted, and added to Windows 10. That being said, the "feature complete" state of Windows...
General Support
Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build include ISOs
Read more: Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build will also be available as ISO | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums