Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 PC + 15205 Mobile Insider

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #70

    CountMike said:
    It would be interesting to find out what makes some seemingly similar systems react differently to some builds. I can be reasonably sure only for one instance that happened to me, a reaction to a GPU driver.
    Yeah, I checked my GPU driver and made sure it was up to date, scanned for changes in device manager -- nothing.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #71

    magilla said:
    Interesting. I have problems with office apps in creators update. This 79 build just won't install on my desktop.
    Interesting indeed! What version of Office are you using? I have Office 365 (2016), no issues at all on 15063.138. Haven't tried it on the current IP though.

    Office is known to get corrupted, and it is nearly impossible to fix it. Easier to clean install Windows and add latest office.

    I have had these kind of issues, but they were during Windows 8.1 times. Uninstalling and reinstalling Office did not help at all. Neither did resetting Windows nor using a new account (nor the combination of all previously mentioned).
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #72

    magilla said:
    Yeah, I checked my GPU driver and made sure it was up to date, scanned for changes in device manager -- nothing.
    It's actually latest driver that I had problems with, older one (17.1.1) worked like a charm.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #73

    CountMike said:
    It would be interesting to find out what makes some seemingly similar systems react differently to some builds. I can be reasonably sure only for one instance that happened to me, a reaction to a GPU driver.
    Yes, it would be cool to find out what is causing this. A lot of different behavior on almost identical system. But also exactly identical (working) behavior on 2 completely different systems. Makes no sense to me at all.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 17,831
    Windows 10
       #74

    Anyone notice that disabled Startup items in Task Manager are all grouped at the bottom of the list now, instead of mixed together?
    (Or am I hallucinating again!?)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #75

    slicendice said:
    Interesting indeed! What version of Office are you using? I have Office 365 (2016), no issues at all on 15063.138. Haven't tried it on the current IP though.

    Office is known to get corrupted, and it is nearly impossible to fix it. Easier to clean install Windows and add latest office.

    I have had these kind of issues, but they were during Windows 8.1 times. Uninstalling and reinstalling Office did not help at all. Neither did resetting Windows nor using a new account (nor the combination of all previously mentioned).
    Spent 1.5 hours on office tech support line with two techs installing, uninstalling and got nowhere. I'm on 2016.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #76

    magilla said:
    Spent 1.5 hours on office tech support line with two techs installing, uninstalling and got nowhere. I'm on 2016.
    Yep, exactly how it was for me too, except I used Office 2013 back then. Getting nowhere no matter what. I could only solve this by reinstalling everything from scratch, including Windows.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #77

    Edwin said:
    Anyone notice that disabled Startup items in Task Manager are all grouped at the bottom of the list now, instead of mixed together?
    (Or am I hallucinating again!?)
    Are you certain you did not accidentally change sorting order for enabled/disabled column? You can restore defaults by, clicking on name column.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #78

    Edwin said:
    Anyone notice that disabled Startup items in Task Manager are all grouped at the bottom of the list now, instead of mixed together?
    (Or am I hallucinating again!?)
    I deleted all disabled items. Methinks it even improved my boot/reboot times.
    Also noted new item while restarting "Shutting down service Chemtable Startup service"
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 17,636
    Windows 10 Pro
       #79

    slicendice said:
    Interesting indeed! What version of Office are you using? I have Office 365 (2016), no issues at all on 15063.138. Haven't tried it on the current IP though.
    This is my Office version and build:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 PC + 15205 Mobile-image.png

    Interesting enough, I have a Windows 10 tablet just upgraded to 16179, all office apps including PowerPoint working perfectly, but on this laptop PowerPoint simply cannot do any graphics in any build after 15063.

    Everything else works perfectly, all other Office desktop apps, Windows, everything, it's just PowerPoint in any 16xxx build not being able to show any graphics, only empty slides.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums