Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 PC + 15205 Mobile Insider

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,190
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       24 Apr 2017 #200

    Edwin said: View Post
    This is interesting:

    If you right click a 'jump list eligible' item in the Start Menu, you'll get the options and the jump list, and, it's a little slow if your jump lists are long,

    Attachment 131712

    However,

    if you double right click it, you'll get the options only! And it's a little quicker!

    Attachment 131713
    Single right click works fine ...but double right click is just the same as single. Build 15063.138
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,805
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       24 Apr 2017 #201

    Nice one Edwin....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,928
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       24 Apr 2017 #202

    I find the same as Edwin - In Start left panel, with Chrome, File Explorer, Notepad, and Control Panel on most used section:

    • - single right-click = list of docs (or programs)+options, slower
    • - double right-click = options only, faster


    On taskbar, both - single right-click or double right-click= list of docs+options

    No eligible Tiles at all.

    EDIT:
    I've tried this on a few systems - The right-double-click needs to be really double-quick* compared to a standard left-double-click - I have not tried messing about with mousepointer settings, but |I'd guess there is a golden mean for different users and different pointing tools - just my 2c.
    *painfully clenched buttocks and six-pack abs if you can find them!
    Last edited by Fafhrd; 24 Apr 2017 at 09:02.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 1,869
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       24 Apr 2017 #203

    Finally installed by doing cleanup - didn't work, so I manually removed $Windows.~BT folder. Then it installed. (left run all night and when I awakened it this morning it was fully installed). Just to clarify, Edwin's findings did not work on my computer. Kudos for those who were able to elicit the response/findings that Edwin discovered.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 Apr 2017 #204

    Thought I'd ask to see if anyone else noticed this or has this problem: when I right-click the start icon on my desktop, and select "Run," I've noticed that the system no longer remembers the commands previously run--like, for instance, regedit or msconfig, etc. Normal Windows behavior was that when you type in a command it is cached in the system so that the next time I select "Run" the requester pops open, from which I can cue a list of former commands (run within that Windows build, of course), or when just typing "r" in the command-line, the command "regedit" would automatically appear--without my having to retype the entire command every time. Anyone else noticed this? I believe that this also started around the time UUP became the standard delivery format.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       24 Apr 2017 #205

    I cannot get it to work on my system either. I'll have to look for jumplist settings later on though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    24 Apr 2017 #206

    waltc said: View Post
    Thought I'd ask to see if anyone else noticed this or has this problem: when I right-click the start icon on my desktop, and select "Run," I've noticed that the system no longer remembers the commands previously run--like, for instance, regedit or msconfig, etc. Normal Windows behavior was that when you type in a command it is cached in the system so that the next time I select "Run" the requester pops open, from which I can cue a list of former commands (run within that Windows build, of course), or when just typing "r" in the command-line, the command "regedit" would automatically appear--without my having to retype the entire command every time. Anyone else noticed this? I believe that this also started around the time UUP became the standard delivery format.
    It works as usual here but when I install new build it all goes away but all new command stays until next build, it was always doing that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,185
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       24 Apr 2017 #207

    waltc said: View Post
    Thought I'd ask to see if anyone else noticed this or has this problem: when I right-click the start icon on my desktop, and select "Run," I've noticed that the system no longer remembers the commands previously run--like, for instance, regedit or msconfig, etc. Normal Windows behavior was that when you type in a command it is cached in the system so that the next time I select "Run" the requester pops open, from which I can cue a list of former commands (run within that Windows build, of course), or when just typing "r" in the command-line, the command "regedit" would automatically appear--without my having to retype the entire command every time. Anyone else noticed this? I believe that this also started around the time UUP became the standard delivery format.
    I got that for awhile, Walt, but now everything's working as it did before. It's working right on both Lappy and Desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    24 Apr 2017 #208

    CountMike said: View Post
    It works as usual here but when I install new build it all goes away but all new command stays until next build, it was always doing that.
    Thanks Mike...yea, it doesn't matter how many times I run a command within a particular build, now, the command is not retained as it used to be. So I've definitely got something misaligned somewhere...!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    24 Apr 2017 #209

    Wynona said: View Post
    I got that for awhile, Walt, but now everything's working as it did before. It's working right on both Lappy and Desktop.
    Thanks, Wynona--it's working for you and Mike so there must be something happening within my installations...wonder if it's happening in relation to the end-of-install black screen I've been getting...could be, I suppose.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Related Threads
804385014485917696 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14977 for Mobile - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
738201854929047552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14356 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
707990670137368576 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10536 | Blogging Windows 644038489013682176
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.
Find Us