Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1.    18 Jul 2015 #41
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,455
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Wow. You're moving quick. A little too quick IMO. This is your first Windows phone, yes?

    Hey Cortana works great for me. Did you get to the training part? If not, it's in her settings.

    Reduce the size of the tile if you don't want it live.

    How's it going with 10?
    From what I read Hey Cortana doesn't work for all phones. The 640XL being one of them. If I click the microphone it works great. I tried updating to Windows 10 on the fast track and had way to many problems. I went back to Windows 8. Right now I'm downloading Windows 10 from the slow track so I can try again. The download is going very slow. I'm still at 9%. The last time it took around 2 hours. I would have stayed with build 10166 but I couldn't sign in to my MSA and a few other problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 Jul 2015 #42
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,455
    Windows 10 Pro

    I upgraded from windows 8.1 update 2 to Windows 10 build 10149. It still will not let me sign in to my MSA
    When I try I get a screen that says Just a moment with spinning dots. I waited for over a half hour and the dots were still spinning. The keyboard. Doesn't pop up if I have the phone flipped. I got my contacts back and lost my text messages even though I transferred them from my Galaxy again. On occasion when I select something the is like it's frozen for a few seconds. I'm still trying it out. I might try build 10166 out again in a few days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 Jul 2015 #43
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,495
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    @ Winuser

    Is this your first Windows phone?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    18 Jul 2015 #44
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586

    I just hope that Microsoft releases their new lineup on ALL carriers with no stupid variants such as the 822 and 925 and 821 and the likes. Just make each device be on all carriers or available from all carriers.

    But having said that, I'm going to retire my trusty old Nokia Lumia 920 after a solid two and half years of service and sidestepping to a Lumia 830 to tide me over until the flagships arrive for 10.

    Speaking about carriers and contracts, I do hope Microsoft keeps pushing for no contract phones. I like that idea. I personally will be buying the phones off contract, the 830 I bought is a gently used model for a killer deal. When I was on the hunt for a new Windows Telephone today, it really underscored the fact how quickly and steeply a phone only two years old drops in price. My 920 when it first launched was running around $650 and more if it was in red. Now, you can get it for about $150 or so. Now imagine if this was on contract. I would have overpaid greatly for a device that lost a vast majority of its value. That's no good.

    The 830 I'm excited to play around with, it's a tad better than a 920 and has nifty things like the Hey Cortana feature.

    But the 950 and 950XL that will come out, definitely want to know more about them!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 Jul 2015 #45
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,455
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    @ Winuser

    Is this your first Windows phone?
    Yes this is my very first Windows phone. So far I'm very impressed with it. I bought the phone outright so if i decide I want one of the newer models when released I can still use one of AT&Ts upgrade plans.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Jul 2015 #46
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,495
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Yes this is my very first Windows phone. So far I'm very impressed with it. I bought the phone outright so if i decide I want one of the newer models when released I can still use one of AT&Ts upgrade plans.
    No offense, but it seems you're moving a little fast with it. If this is your primary phone then I'd stick with 8.1 Denim. That's the latest edition. The 10 preview builds are unstable as you can see. I feel you should learn 8 first. That'll give you time before 10 final release IMHO.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    19 Jul 2015 #47
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,455
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    No offense, but it seems you're moving a little fast with it. If this is your primary phone then I'd stick with 8.1 Denim. That's the latest edition. The 10 preview builds are unstable as you can see. I feel you should learn 8 first. That'll give you time before 10 final release IMHO.
    No offense taken. I bought this phone to experiment with. I still have my Galaxy phone if I need it. I'm having alot of fun playing around with it. Plus I'm learning a lot about Windows phones. With that said I hope I don't brick this phone because I actually like it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 Jul 2015 #48
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Pentland Hills
    Posts : 68
    Windows 10 Pro x64 TH2

    I also bought a Windows phone to find out if it would suit me. I bought a 640XL as I liked the size. Unfortunately no for me and I have gone back to Samsung Galaxy S5 and will stick with android phones from now on until such time as there are a real windows competitor. If only Microsoft could make a phone in the same quality and ability as the Surface Pro 3 brought to the 2 in 1 tablet/laptop market.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    19 Jul 2015 #49
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,495
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    No offense taken. I bought this phone to experiment with. I still have my Galaxy phone if I need it. I'm having alot of fun playing around with it. Plus I'm learning a lot about Windows phones. With that said I hope I don't brick this phone because I actually like it.
    OK, good.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    19 Jul 2015 #50
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,495
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    Quote Originally Posted by echrada View Post
    I also bought a Windows phone to find out if it would suit me. I bought a 640XL as I liked the size. Unfortunately no for me and I have gone back to Samsung Galaxy S5 and will stick with android phones from now on until such time as there are a real windows competitor. If only Microsoft could make a phone in the same quality and ability as the Surface Pro 3 brought to the 2 in 1 tablet/laptop market.
    Do you mean hardware wise?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Exclusive: CEO Nadella talks Microsoft's mobile, Windows 10, more...
Read more: Exclusive: CEO Nadella talks Microsoft's mobile ambitions, Windows 10 strategy, HoloLens and more | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Mobile Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices
Read more: Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Welcome to MS-DOS Mobile (Microsoft Lumnia)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irJQDGw8Ptk&src_vid=EkCcgg9pQZQ&annotation_id=546ba9ce-0000-27da-8386-001a114470fc&feature=iv :)
Chillout Room
Mobile Microsoft is giving away tickets to Mobile World Congress to Windows..
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums