Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Apr 2017 #81
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,363
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    I have issues, with and without WDDM drivers, Tested a lot of combinations of Intel WDDM and NVidia WDDM drivers, none work for me atm.
    Default Nvidia drivers on bare metal works here.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000046.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	130226
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    15 Apr 2017 #82
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,781
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by LEOPEVA64 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with the Photos app in this build or the previous one? When you open a photo and then try to go back to see all the photos the app closes.
    Worked for me a few times without issues, but suddenly the app crashed/closed without any notifications. :-(
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    15 Apr 2017 #83
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 390
    Windows 10x64 17035

    Finally got it to install on the third attempt with a WU reset and reboot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Apr 2017 #84
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,781
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Default Nvidia drivers on bare metal works here.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000046.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	130226
    Currently running NVidia Drivers v381.65 on Windows 10.0.15063.138 without any issues, even Cuda and OpenCL works without a glitch. Stress testing the hardware produces NO errors either.

    If I switch to Windows 10.0.16170 any NVidia driver fail to work/start. I have NOT tried build 16176 directly on my hardware, and won't until I get a new LapTop

    I have so much work to do that I don't have time to solve these issues that keep returning again and again. And there is not much I can do about these issues anyways. Only MS can.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    15 Apr 2017 #85
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,363
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    Currently running NVidia Drivers v381.65 on Windows 10.0.15063.138 without any issues, even Cuda and OpenCL works without a glitch. Stress testing the hardware produces NO errors either.

    If I switch to Windows 10.0.16170 any NVidia driver fail to work/start. I have NOT tried build 16176 directly on my hardware, and won't until I get a new LapTop

    I have so much work to do that I don't have time to solve these issues that keep returning again and again. And there is not much I can do about these issues anyways. Only MS can.
    Could be an Intel vs AMD issue too!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    15 Apr 2017 #86
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,781
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Could be an Intel vs AMD issue too!
    Yes and no! Intel Display Drivers, Intel Chipset drivers and NVidia Display drivers, play a big part in this, but this IS a Windows issue, NOT a driver issue. But I have no AMD components on this computer so can't really tell.

    Same bugs keep returning each and every time MS start to develop for next release.

    Just as an example which has nothing to do with display drivers: Same darn bugs keep returning to each and every MS Office iteration ever since Office 97. I mean, Com'on!!! Seriously? Almost 20 years later same crap happens. Will MS never learn? These kind of bugs are a waste of my time, a waste of MS time and a waste of everybody's time.


    Thus I will not bother my head with this anymore. Will try new builds in a VM and if I decide to clean install my system, I might put an insider build there for testing but getting rid of it asap.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    15 Apr 2017 #87
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 pro n Insider Preview Build 16170

    In the File Explorer, each time i scroll down to any location in the folder, it's scrolling up after a few seconds, but also prevent me to rename a file or a folder, because when I do, it seems some kind of refresh happens and I'm back to the top of the window and the file name (or folder name) is again in view mode.

    Can you help me ?

    Thank you in advance,
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Apr 2017 #88
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,363
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    Yes and no! Intel Display Drivers, Intel Chipset drivers and NVidia Display drivers, play a big part in this, but this IS a Windows issue, NOT a driver issue. But I have no AMD components on this computer so can't really tell.

    Same bugs keep returning each and every time MS start to develop for next release.

    Just as an example which has nothing to do with display drivers: Same darn bugs keep returning to each and every MS Office iteration ever since Office 97. I mean, Com'on!!! Seriously? Almost 20 years later same crap happens. Will MS never learn? These kind of bugs are a waste of my time, a waste of MS time and a waste of everybody's time.


    Thus I will not bother my head with this anymore. Will try new builds in a VM and if I decide to clean install my system, I might put an insider build there for testing but getting rid of it asap.
    I hear ya!

    I think someone mentioned earlier:

    "Enough of this 'guinea pig testing' already!"
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    15 Apr 2017 #89
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,781
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by isamma View Post
    In the File Explorer, each time i scroll down to any location in the folder, it's scrolling up after a few seconds, but also prevent me to rename a file or a folder, because when I do, it seems some kind of refresh happens and I'm back to the top of the window and the file name (or folder name) is again in view mode.

    Can you help me ?

    Thank you in advance,
    Because this is beta software the easiest solution for this is to rename files using Command Line.

    Press WIN + R --> Type CMD --> Press Enter

    Here is an example of renaming a file (commands are in BOLD):
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    
    C:\Users\tonif>cd "Pictures\Disk Cleanup"
    
    C:\Users\tonif\Pictures\Disk Cleanup>dir 
     Volume in drive C is System
     Volume Serial Number is 90CE-0640
    
     Directory of C:\Users\tonif\Pictures\Disk Cleanup
    
    31.01.2017  18:07    <DIR>          .
    31.01.2017  18:07    <DIR>          ..
    31.01.2017  18:01            29 549 Step001.png
    31.01.2017  18:02            19 756 Step002.png
    31.01.2017  18:03             8 137 Step003.png
    31.01.2017  18:05            23 172 Step004.png
    31.01.2017  18:07             5 491 Step005.png
    31.01.2017  18:07             6 522 Step006.png
                   6 File(s)         92 627 bytes
                   2 Dir(s)  164 329 455 616 bytes free
    
    C:\Users\tonif\Pictures\Disk Cleanup>rename Step001.png Step01.png
    
    C:\Users\tonif\Pictures\Disk Cleanup>dir
     Volume in drive C is System
     Volume Serial Number is 90CE-0640
    
     Directory of C:\Users\tonif\Pictures\Disk Cleanup
    
    15.04.2017  16:34    <DIR>          .
    15.04.2017  16:34    <DIR>          ..
    31.01.2017  18:02            19 756 Step002.png
    31.01.2017  18:03             8 137 Step003.png
    31.01.2017  18:05            23 172 Step004.png
    31.01.2017  18:07             5 491 Step005.png
    31.01.2017  18:07             6 522 Step006.png
    31.01.2017  18:01            29 549 Step01.png
                   6 File(s)         92 627 bytes
                   2 Dir(s)  164 329 525 248 bytes free
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    15 Apr 2017 #90
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,781
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I hear ya!

    I think someone mentioned earlier:

      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for Mobile
827215685059121152 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15025 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile
Update: 776527785577754624 776103878567747584 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile
753998239993651200 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile
751098939798007808 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog Download: Windows 10 Mobile Emulator 14383
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums