How to get the Windows 10 Creators Update

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 79
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.192
       #160

    I used upgrade assistant and upgraded to 1703 15063.483. Took 40 mins. No problems
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,375
    W10 21H2 19044.1387
       #161

    meebers said:
    I was offered a security checklist last week on my Asus 2in1, thinking that CU would follow shortly afterwards, but no joy so far. No hurry on this one, but might do it manually ?
    First thing this morning, checked for any updates, one for defender. Then did a disk clean up and checked again and there was a feature update 1703. Took about 45 minutes, no issues. Now on 1703 15063.483
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,663
    Windows 11 21H2 (22000.593)
       #162

    chideock said:
    Has there been any problems with this upgrade and nvidia drivers? I ask because my desktop has not yet recieved the 1703 upgrade even though I have got the privacy settings update.

    Tom
    I had an issue with the latest drivers - games refused to play, on my 970gtx. I had to revert to the driver from May.

    I don't believe it is Windows build specific so much as the driver itself, though I was attempting this on an Insider Preview build instead of the regular Creators Update.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1,151
    Windows 10 Pro
       #163

    johngalt said:
    I had an issue with the latest drivers - games refused to play, on my 970gtx. I had to revert to the driver from May.

    I don't believe it is Windows build specific so much as the driver itself, though I was attempting this on an Insider Preview build instead of the regular Creators Update.
    yes latest NVidia driver very buggy indeed hopefully they be new ones very soon
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 14,574
    Windows 10 IoT
       #164

    Just an observation. If you run the Media Creation Tool from Windows 10 Education, or Enterprise, and select the create installation media option. You won't get the "Use the recommended options for this PC" check box. If so pay close attention to what the defaults are so you get the correct version.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 43
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #165

    I'm waiting to get creators update through windows update but there is no update. The Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings has been installed through windows update and I've reviewed my privacy settings a few days ago but there hasn't come any update on my system. how many days should I wait more?
    Last edited by Omidz 10; 18 Jul 2017 at 13:26.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #166

    Omidz 10 said:
    I'm waiting to get creators update through windows update but there is no update. The Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings has installed through windows update and I've reviewed my privacy settings a few days ago but there hasn't come any update on my system. how many days should I wait more?
    Yes, I downloaded privacy settings update about 2 weeks ago, but nothing more has downloaded.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,246
    Windows 11 Pro
       #167

    Omidz 10 said:
    How many days should I wait more?
    If it were me, I wouldn't wait any longer.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #168

    NavyLCDR said:
    If it were me, I wouldn't wait any longer.
    there are reasons to wait. I downloaded the Creators update on this particular computer x 3. Each time the update took, but each time my Microsoft Office could not be registered. I worked with support people at Microsoft office team multiple times. They couldn't get the issue resolved so I rolled back to anniversary build and have been waiting for update to come through windows update, since that method is supposedly the most reliable. Two other computers updated to Creators with no problem, including Microsoft office.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 17,246
    Windows 11 Pro
       #169

    magilla said:
    there are reasons to wait. I downloaded the Creators update on this particular computer x 3. Each time the update took, but each time my Microsoft Office could not be registered. I worked with support people at Microsoft office team multiple times. They couldn't get the issue resolved so I rolled back to anniversary build and have been waiting for update to come through windows update, since that method is supposedly the most reliable. Two other computers updated to Creators with no problem, including Microsoft office.
    Then, in your case, I would not expect the Creator's Update to ever work for you, to be honest. There is an underlying problem in your installation of Microsoft Office and Windows 10 and until that problem is fixed, you are pretty much stuck where you are. Now, I know you are likely to say it is Microsoft's problem and they need to fix it, but millions of people have successfully updated to Creator's Update with all different versions of Microsoft Office installed, including a handful of computers on my home network, with no problems at all.

    Sometimes the best solution is to just do a clean install and start from a known good point.

    And, BTW, Windows Update has proven, historically, to be the most random and unreliable method of doing these major version upgrades.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums