Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Apr 2017 #11
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 53
    Windows10

    Is the creator's update everyone should download? If it was a standards download, it seems like it would be automatic.

    Whenever they get around to the next version.......W11?, will this be standard?

    If it was a regular update, I would have done it. But the CREATOR title has made me pause.....

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Apr 2017 #12
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameochi View Post
    Thanks so much. I have a 3TB external drive so will get get a backup done.
    Years ago I used Macrium Reflect when I was battling with Windows ME and some others versions. When Windows 7 came along, I beta tested it and loved it. I purchased it before it months before it was released. Never once did I worry about having to backup files although I always make a copy of the user file. I am trying to like Windows 10 but it's been hard. Thanks for the info you've provided. It is greatly appreciated. Tomorrow morning I will run a full backup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Apr 2017 #13
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 382
    Windows 10 Home x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
    Lots of great things added.
    But I do agree that the basics should not be forgotten. Don't destroy what I got to add a toy. Remember my settings so I don't have to go through 2 weeks of work getting my old setting back to where I had them.
    I would also like to have the ability to pick and choose which neat little goody is activated and which ones are not.
    The eBook web browsing is something I would use. Hooking up to phone and pads is something I would not want.
    Can this be done?

    Jack

    Jack
    Saw this on Toms Hardware about settings Toms Hardware Creator Update Privacy Settings Apparently the upgrade path makes the difference, this article talks about differences depending on how a user upgrades.

    I'm waiting for it to come down in the windows update path, I'm very interested in not having to go through settings and set them again.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    14 Apr 2017 #14
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWindoz10 View Post
    Is the creator's update everyone should download? If it was a standards download, it seems like it would be automatic.

    Whenever they get around to the next version.......W11?, will this be standard?

    If it was a regular update, I would have done it. But the CREATOR title has made me pause.....
    Thanks
    It will be standard until the next release probably near the end of the year. There will be others to follow. Microsoft has stated that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows but because it is a service rather than a traditional software package, it will continue to evolve pretty much forever.

    As for the Creators Update, my personal recommendation is to wait at least a month so they can get some of the bugs out of it. That is not just my personal opinion but that of some of the other forums I am on. I really like this one because we have a Microsoft MVP here who knows far more than most of us ever will. If you go to Settings, Update & Security, you can click on Advanced and defer the update for up to 180 days. That way this latest update should be very stable. If you decide to download it, just take of the check mark. Hope this helps. :-)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Apr 2017 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 53
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameochi View Post
    It will be standard until the next release probably near the end of the year. There will be others to follow. Microsoft has stated that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows but because it is a service rather than a traditional software package, it will continue to evolve pretty much forever.
    Thanks, waiting a month sounds like a good idea.

    If they get rid of Windows, are they going to 'sell' software like virus protection....you download the software and it is good for a year, then you have to renew ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 Apr 2017 #16
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWindoz10 View Post
    Thanks, waiting a month sounds like a good idea.

    If they get rid of Windows, are they going to 'sell' software like virus protection....you download the software and it is good for a year, then you have to renew ?
    Windows isn't going anywhere. It will be around for a long time. Will they go to a subscription model? So far I haven't heard that but I guess the could do that sometime in the future. However, only time will tell.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 Apr 2017 #17

    Quote Originally Posted by idrmrsr View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on all the new store apps I will need to immediately delete! I'm not an artist, so I can't even begin to use that stuff, or a gamer. Honestly, I only use my PC as a social media client these days, and a news lurker. Edit a few of my photographs. I'd give it all for reliable Bluetooth connection to devices on the first try, with better file transfer capabilities, and a means of delivering updates that don't require gigabytes of downloading and twenty minutes per PC for restarting. Oh, and a Windows Update Clean that actually works fast and well! I'd trade all the 3D kitsch in the world for that right there.
    I read your post and agree with a lot of it. And it makes me more and more glad that I stuck with Windows 8 RTM. None of these apps to keep deleting (I rid of all the Metro apps at the start), and I have no telemetry issues to worry about. Plus, if I wanted to install it on new hardware and CPU types, there are no updates blocked (since I have to manually install them from Server 2012 RTM). I'm in a good place right now where Windows is concerned.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 Apr 2017 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,557
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)
    Last edited by Brink; 15 Apr 2017 at 16:54. Reason: added tutorial links for more info
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    14 Apr 2017 #19
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CmmTch View Post
    Saw this on Toms Hardware about settings Toms Hardware Creator Update Privacy Settings Apparently the upgrade path makes the difference, this article talks about differences depending on how a user upgrades.

    I'm waiting for it to come down in the windows update path, I'm very interested in not having to go through settings and set them again.
    I saw that on Tom's Hardware too. Like you, I do not want to have fix all of my privacy settings. As for the ebook reader, I think that will be coming at some point. I may be wrong here but I "think" it is supposed to come later this year. Brink will probably know. :-)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Apr 2017 #20
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Thornton View Post
    I read your post and agree with a lot of it. And it makes me more and more glad that I stuck with Windows 8 RTM. None of these apps to keep deleting (I rid of all the Metro apps at the start), and I have no telemetry issues to worry about. Plus, if I wanted to install it on new hardware and CPU types, there are no updates blocked (since I have to manually install them from Server 2012 RTM). I'm in a good place right now where Windows is concerned.
    And some of us wish we were where you are!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update with Metered connection fails: Creators Update 15063.0
It's dejá vu all over again. :doh: The correct behaviour of windows update over a metered connection is to offer the choice to download, or wait until on a non-metered connection. 128460 The initial build of the Anniversary Update broke...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Creators Update available through the Update Assistant
:arrow: Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 (build 15063) now available from Windows 10 Update Assistant. See also: Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience - - Windows 10 Forums Windows 10 Creators Update...
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released
Source: Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows :arrow: Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 (build 15063) now available from Windows 10 Update Assistant. ...
Windows 10 News
Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK
Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/03/16/visual-studio-2017-update-preview-and-windows-10-creators-update-sdk/
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Creators Update in the homestretch: Here's what's next
Update: Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11th 2017 - - Windows 10 Forums Read more: Windows 10 Creators Update in the homestretch: Here's what's next | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums