Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Apr 2017 #41
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,768
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Will we be able to download an ISO file through that link?
    Yes, using the Windows Download tool you will be able to create an ISO. The only problem with that ISO created is that it has an install.esd file instead of an install.wim file. This means that one can not do all the recovery and reimaging tasks on the esd version of the ISO, while the WIM version works for everything.

    Don't worry about this "issue", if you are not a Windows tech enthusiast like me and others here at TenForums. You will be able to install Windows from the ISO created using the Download tool just fine. No Problem.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    05 Apr 2017 #42
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,768
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Guys, I never ever download anything from Softpedia. So much problems with those files. One never know what one gets.

    Either download stuff straight from the author (Microsoft in this case) or just ignore files you find.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    05 Apr 2017 #43
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,326
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Right now I am running Windows 10 Creators Update that I installed using the ISO that was released on March 31st. How will this this version be different, or will it be different. Right now I am running 15063.11.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Apr 2017 #44
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,768
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Right now I am running Windows 10 Creators Update that I installed using the ISO that was released on March 31st. How will this this version be different, or will it be different. Right now I am running 15063.11.
    Not so much, only difference will be the version of Cumulative Update. You are on revision 11, I am on 13 on one computer and 14 on another. I bet the number will increase quite a lot before April 11th because there ARE a few bug still that needs attention.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    05 Apr 2017 #45
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 232
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter

    Well, here's a link directly from Microsoft: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=823759

    You get it by clicking on "Join the celebration - get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today."



    If anyone is brave enough to try it, this might be the real deal, unlike the Softpedia link. Although it does say "Anniversary update," which seems a bit off. It does say that it will update your computer to 15063, but so did the UA from Softpedia.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Apr 2017 #46
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    How about the Media Creation Tool for a clean install ?


    Hi,

    So Microsoft have been talking about the Update Assistant being available the 5 and the Windows Update starting the 11, but what about the Media Creation Tool ? Nobody has been talking about that, still i think a lot of users are planning on making a clean install.

    So do you think they'll update the Media Creation Tool as well ?

    I'm asking because i'm planning on making a clean install, as with any major Windows update.

    Thanks a lot
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Apr 2017 #47
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Newport, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,801
    Windows 10 Pro x64 FCU - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing

    Yes I believe they will, but it may not be until after the official release - the preferred update method is to do an upgrade in place so I think they will concentrate their server resources for that at first
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    05 Apr 2017 #48
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,326
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDOS8bit View Post
    Hi,

    So Microsoft have been talking about the Update Assistant being available the 5 and the Windows Update starting the 11, but what about the Media Creation Tool ? Nobody has been talking about that, still i think a lot of users are planning on making a clean install.

    So do you think they'll update the Media Creation Tool as well ?

    I'm asking because i'm planning on making a clean install, as with any major Windows update.

    Thanks a lot

    This is my question as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Apr 2017 #49
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Newport, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,801
    Windows 10 Pro x64 FCU - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownianMotion View Post
    Well, here's a link directly from Microsoft: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=823759

    You get it by clicking on "Join the celebration - get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today."



    If anyone is brave enough to try it, this might be the real deal, unlike the Softpedia link. Although it does say "Anniversary update," which seems a bit off. It does say that it will update your computer to 15063, but so did the UA from Softpedia.
    The Fast and slow rings have had the update for some time now, it was released to the Release Preview Ring last weekend - always get your updates from Microsoft, Never get anything from Softpedia unless you like PUP's and other crap.

    You can sign up for the Release preview Ring at any time if you want early access to Major updates and drivers , and are willing to send Microsoft feedback of any issues you find.
    However the process of being accepted to the Insider scheme is likely to take longer than the time for the official update to become available
    Last edited by Barman58; 05 Apr 2017 at 11:51.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Apr 2017 #50
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 232
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
    The Fast and slow rings have had the update for some time now, it was released to the Release Preview Ring last weekend - always get your updates from Microsoft, Never get anything from Softpedia unless you like PUP's and other crap.

    You can sign up for the Release preview Ring at any time if you want early access to Major updates and drivers , and are willing to send Microsoft of any issues you find.
    However the process of being accepted to the Insider scheme is likely to take longer than the time for the official update to become available
    Well, the link I posted in the post you replied to is from Microsoft. The thing is, it comes up when you click on "get the Anniversary Update" and the version of the Update Assistant is the same as the one for the AU. But when you open the Update Assistant, it says that it will update you to 15063.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update & Activation Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update
How to Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update Windows 10 Creators Update will officially be released to the general public around April 10th 2017. After installing the Cumulative Update KB4013429 for Windows 10 build...
Tutorials
Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK
Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/03/16/visual-studio-2017-update-preview-and-windows-10-creators-update-sdk/
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Creators Update in the homestretch: Here's what's next
Update: Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11th 2017 - - Windows 10 Forums Read more: Windows 10 Creators Update in the homestretch: Here's what's next | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Creators Update: Will I be able to chose the time of actual update.
I notice that many updates occur automatically. With small updates I don't even know they have occurred. I always try to make a restore point before a big update actually updates my comp. (for obvious reasons) and I am sometime given notice, often...
Windows Updates and Activation
WIN10] Windows 10 Creators Update
Can someone explain what this is all about. Windows 10 Creators Update expected to arrive in April - The Verge How about just a plain ole everyday system that works.
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums