Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update available through the Update Assistant

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,316
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
       06 Apr 2017 #120

    Will be doing a clean install on the next few day
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 41
    Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 1709, build 16299.402.
       06 Apr 2017 #121

    jimbo45 said:
    Did people notice Control Panel is gone now --however most of the things where control panel was easier to use than messing around in the Settings menu are now available from the main menu (right mouse click on the Windows symbol in the main taskbar)
    Control Panel is hiding in Start -> Windows System.
    I wish they had left it in the Right Click Start Menu.

    Dave.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,987
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       06 Apr 2017 #122

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    My main desktop and laptop are running Education so I'll have to download an ISO to do those PC's.
    @alphanumeric

    the New 15063.0.170317-1834.rs2_release_clientcombined ISO contains 4 Indexes
    Example: x64 en-us

    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,305,539,033 bytes

    Index : 2
    Name : Windows 10 Home
    Description : Windows 10 Home
    Size : 15,127,824,725 bytes

    Index : 3
    Name : Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Description : Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Size : 15,129,601,869 bytes

    Index : 4
    Name : Windows 10 Education
    Description : Windows 10 Education
    Size : 15,125,050,322 bytes

    The downloaded ESD used by the Media Creation Tool to create the ISO has 7 indexes

    for those wanting the actual decrypted 7 index *.esd file

    use the tool and then browse to C:\ESD\Download
    After the tool verifies the download (decrypts)
    Copy the INSTALLx**.esd file to another location
    Before the next tool screen gets to 70% - (file deletes itself)
    Last edited by Kyhi; 06 Apr 2017 at 07:34.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Apr 2017 #123

    No problems at all so far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New.PNG  
    Last edited by indianacarnie; 06 Apr 2017 at 08:18.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Apr 2017 #124

    Kyhi said: View Post
    @alphanumeric

    the New 15063.0.170317-1834.rs2_release_clientcombined ISO contains 4 Indexes
    Example: x64 en-us

    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,305,539,033 bytes

    Index : 2
    Name : Windows 10 Home
    Description : Windows 10 Home
    Size : 15,127,824,725 bytes

    Index : 3
    Name : Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Description : Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Size : 15,129,601,869 bytes

    Index : 4
    Name : Windows 10 Education
    Description : Windows 10 Education
    Size : 15,125,050,322 bytes

    The downloaded ESD used by the Media Creation Tool to create the ISO has 7 indexes

    for those wanting the actual decrypted 7 index *.esd file

    use the tool and then browse to C:\ESD\Download
    After the tool verifies the download (decrypts)
    Copy the INSTALLx**.esd file to another location
    Before the next tool screen gets to 70% - (file deletes itself)
    Somethings changed since last night? It originally said Education and Enterprise not supported by this tool, now it just says Enterprise not supported? There was no Upgrade Now option for me last night. The MCT ISO works great for me as I use Education. The MSDN ISO's only have Home and Pro, or did the last time I checked. The MCT was that way too. At one point the only way for me to get the Education ISO was via MSDN.

    Anybody else running Education notice Cortana is now included? It was just search in the AU.

    That use Edge Tab in IE is getting annoying. I keep hitting it when wanting to just open a new tab.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,303
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.371 and W10 Insider Builds 17134.1 and 17643
       06 Apr 2017 #125

    Just be aware that System Restore gets turned off with this upgrade. There is some doubt over whether it will continue to work as well as it did but I still think it is a useful measure to take for a quick fix of any problems.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    06 Apr 2017 #126

    And that privacy thing only comes up on first boot. After that, you get the standard privacy screens
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,502
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       06 Apr 2017 #127

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    What are you running for Antivirus? If its not Windows Defender it could be the culprit.
    Norton security. But on one laptop, running norton also. It installed with MS Office 2016 and no problems. But, I have to admit I never thought of that as a potential culprit. This desktop system has never been a problem in the passed, and all the builds and update have been installed with no problem. Guess it's time has run out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,502
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       06 Apr 2017 #128

    philc43 said: View Post
    Just be aware that System Restore gets turned off with this upgrade. There is some doubt over whether it will continue to work as well as it did but I still think it is a useful measure to take for a quick fix of any problems.
    I did 2 system restores with this build with no problem. But maybe you are referring to education or enterprise build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    06 Apr 2017 #129

    magilla said: View Post
    Norton security. But on one laptop, running norton also. It installed with MS Office 2016 and no problems. But, I have to admit I never thought of that as a potential culprit. This desktop system has never been a problem in the passed, and all the builds and update have been installed with no problem. Guess it's time has run out.
    Third party Antivirus seems to be a major culprit when things go wrong on an upgrade. It's up to you, but you could try disabling it or uninstalling it, then upgrade, then install it again. Although, that's easier said than done with Norton products. Office 2016 Pro Plus (not office 365) running with no issues after doing the upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Windows Update & Activation Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update in Tutorials
    How to Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update Windows 10 Creators Update will officially be released to the general public around April 10th 2017. After installing the Cumulative Update KB4013429 for Windows 10 build...
    Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/03/16/visual-studio-2017-update-preview-and-windows-10-creators-update-sdk/
    Update: Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11th 2017 - - Windows 10 Forums Read more: Windows 10 Creators Update in the homestretch: Here's what's next | ZDNet
    I notice that many updates occur automatically. With small updates I don't even know they have occurred. I always try to make a restore point before a big update actually updates my comp. (for obvious reasons) and I am sometime given notice, often...
    Can someone explain what this is all about. Windows 10 Creators Update expected to arrive in April - The Verge How about just a plain ole everyday system that works.
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:14.
    Find Us