Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       12 Jul 2015 #41

    EMINENT said: View Post
    It really is kinda ridiculous to object to one of the main benefits of the new universal os. It's like getting a 4 door car and just because you don't use the am radio or the back seat and cupholders, you have to rally up every one against them to justify the company to omit them from the model.

    While I don't use these apps, the reason why they are being retired is pretty apparent. There are plenty of other ways to get this info so no reason to make their own when no one is using them. A lot of it is being integrated into Cortana for easier ways to aggregate info through search.

    MS has gone out and accomplished a huge undertaking in unifying the code to work across platforms so those with all form factors can get things done and if you don't have a touch device, doesn't mean they're not useful or appreciated by those that do. Touch devices would literally suck if these so called apps from the Store were omitted. It's like buying a tv and because you are deaf, you are advocating the removal of built in speakers for those that would appreciate not having to find a workaround to getting sound because someone didn't use them.

    W10 is and should've been W8, but they are far and away way too behind on that vision and it's still bewildering to hear others condemning the main reasons for it's existence, just because it doesn't suit their use knowing very well what the os was about, AND still choosing to use and test it.
    I'm all for, install only what is absolutely needed and then let me install what I actually need, and I'll tell you why. When I bought my ASUS laptop, it came with the usual Microsoft pre-installed Apps and a bunch of other bloat Apps. When I booted up the first time and logged in with my Microsoft ID, all those Apps were immediately added to My Apps in the Windows Store. Regardless of the fact that I never ever used them and immediately uninstalled them. My Microsoft store My apps section is now basically useless. It's littered with Apps I never used or wanted, with no way to remove them from the list. That's just not right. I'm all for Apps an use some, I just don't want then forced on me with no choice as to what I want and don't want.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       12 Jul 2015 #42

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    Probably agree with you there -- but people I know who have iPhones seem to be quite satisfied with the quality of stuff they get from the Apple store.

    So I confess my ignorance on that one - but it still doesn't alter the fact that the Ms store is JUNK and should be put out of its misery ASAP.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Just because you know a few people with iPhones doesn't make you an expert, the truth is that they have a lot of trouble with their software, and a lot of their apps are just as much junk as Microsofts Store.
    I have used numerous MS Apps with no problems, but I understand the hatred from old Windows 7 users, it's the old Vista story all over again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    12 Jul 2015 #43

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I'm all for, install only what is absolutely needed and then let me install what I actually need, and I'll tell you why. When I bought my ASUS laptop, it came with the usual Microsoft pre-installed Apps and a bunch of other bloat Apps. When I booted up the first time and logged in with my Microsoft ID, all those Apps were immediately added to My Apps in the Windows Store. Regardless of the fact that I never ever used them and immediately uninstalled them. My Microsoft store My apps section is now basically useless. It's littered with Apps I never used or wanted, with no way to remove them from the list. That's just not right. I'm all for Apps an use some, I just don't want then forced on me with no choice as to what I want and don't want.

    So how many apps are we talking about here that has angered you so deeply it hurts?

    By that mindset, MS should strip away Homegroup, Calculator, Wordpad, sticky notes, etc. I never use them. How dare they!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,932
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Jul 2015 #44

    Oh well.. "One mans meat is another mans poison"..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       12 Jul 2015 #45

    EMINENT said: View Post
    So how many apps are we talking about here that has angered you so deeply it hurts?

    By that mindset, MS should strip away Homegroup, Calculator, Wordpad, sticky notes, etc. I never use them. How dare they!
    Those Apps don't show up in the My Apps section. I have 50 plus apps listed in the My Apps section. There are maybe 5 that I actually use. The rest I have never used and cannot remove from the My Apps section. Included in that group are MSN Sports, MSN News, MSN Health & Fitness, Windows sound recorder, Music, Video, Food & Drink, Windows alarms, Windows help & Tips, Maps, Mail Calendar People, MSN Money, MSN Travel. Windows Reading list, etc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,431
    Windows 10 Pro
       12 Jul 2015 #46

    paulsalter said: View Post
    I fail to see why people object to the store apps (WinRT) being pre installed

    Windows has been pre installing things for as far as I can remember, if you don't like what comes with windows then ignore them and find alternatives

    IMO, I see no difference with having Notepad/Wordpad or Onenote pre installed on a machine
    The only thing I don't like is when you don't get the option to remove a app you're definitely not going to use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       12 Jul 2015 #47

    Winuser said: View Post
    The only thing I don't like is when you don't get the option to remove a app you're definitely not going to use.
    There are some I want to remove but they have no uninstall option, its greyed out, or not there at all.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,431
    Windows 10 Pro
       12 Jul 2015 #48

    On somethings I'm OCD. As an example it bugs the heck out of me to see the exclamation mark in device manager even when I don't notice any problems running my computer. It bugs me when I can't uninstall a program or app. I learn to ignore it but I still don't like it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       12 Jul 2015 #49

    What is it with all this blind hatred for anything new in Windows, Linux is absolutely chock a block with apps, I don't hear people complaining about them.
    When you people buy a car do you rip out the sound system, the air conditioner, the windscreen wipers, the indicators, the electric windows, the automatic door locks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       12 Jul 2015 #50

    Winuser said: View Post
    On somethings I'm OCD. As an example it bugs the heck out of me to see the exclamation mark in device manager even when I don't notice any problems running my computer. It bugs me when I can't uninstall a program or app. I learn to ignore it but I still don't like it.
    It bugs you because you know there's something wrong, having an extra couple of icons is not something wrong.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
What's your favorite food?
I love pizza and Mac and cheese!
Chillout Room
Where do you drink?
Now that we've discovered that real men carry wallets I'd like to see pictures of where you guys and gals have a tipple. This place is the old Wolfs watering hole which is a converted Methodist church, rather amusing don't you think that the...
Chillout Room
Introducing Microsoft Health
Source...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums